“LOVED my room with a deck !”

The Fullerton Bay Hotel Singapore
Ranked #2 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
New York City, New York
“LOVED my room with a deck !”
Reviewed 31 July 2011

My husband and I just got back from 4 nights at the FBH. We had a Premier Bay View Room. This means not only do you get a beautiful bay view and a small terrace (like the regular Bay View Rooms) You get a deck with chaise lounge chairs perched a few feet above the marina. You feel like you are on a boat. We would have morning coffee out there every day and nighttime cocktails there every night. (Do be aware that small boats will cruise by very close if you know what I mean) The hotel bar (Lantern) is stunning as is the whole rooftop pool area. The lobby is just beautiful as well. The hotel faces directly at the Marina Bay Sands Hotel which is a stunning view. A nightly 9:30pm laser light show from the Marina Bay Sands is beautiful from the FBH. The workout is is small (2 treadmills, 2 ellipticals , 2 bikes a universal, an incline bench, yoga mats an exercise ball and free weights) but it has a nice view and they keep it stocked with fruit infused water, towels and headphones. We were able to spend an hour or 2 in here every day. The staff were all extremely polite and helpful. The breakfast buffet has a omelet station . We went to Raffles to check it out and have a Sling. WAY WAY happy we didn't stay there. It had a lot of foliage which was nice but that's it. We had lunch at the top of the Marina Bay Sands hotel. Again, WAY happy we didn't stay there. It was like a Las Vegas or Orlando convention hotel...yikes! But it is beautiful to see from afar. I fretted long and hard about restaurant reservations and made a few changes once we got there. If you want a lovely outdoor table by the River with music in the background and good food, I would say IndoChine Waterfront. Ask for a table at the edge and go right before sunset. The pictures actually turn out better at night with the flash off. Then, if you want to try the Chili Crab and want to see a different area (maybe 10 minutes by cab) Go to Jumbo East Coast. Again, try to get a table outside on the edge. It's at East Coast Park where there are several Chili Crab restaurants. This one seems to be a local favorite. It's on the water with a nice promenade for walking by the sea. We happened upon SKI360 there. Its cable water skiing/boarding. It looked fun so we came back early the next morning for an hours session. After that we went to the Maxwell Food Center for the Tian Tian Hainanese Chicken Rice for lunch. I think it must help if the dish transports you back to your childhood or something. It's not bad; it's just rice and chicken with some condiments. I know it's very touristy, but we took one of the night boats on the River. It's only about 30 minutes but you get commentary on the buildings and history. At night it's gorgeous.
That's the most I can offer. If you want a really fancy elegant hotel room pick the St Regis. But if you like a bit of modern minimalist with great views and cool rooftop bar go to the FBH. We loved every second we were there

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank goodtrips01

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I stayed two times in this hotel with my wife and both times we were very happy with our stay.

The location in Marina Bay is great with amazing views of Marina Bay Sands. The reception and lobby areas are very elegant and tastefully decorated. The pool and bar on the rooftop of the hotel are very nice, even though it seems that on the weekend they are overcrowded.

The breakfast is great and the service by the staff very attentive and knowledgeable. One issue that was a little annoying was that we actually drove and left the car with the hotel valet only to have it back after check out covered in bird droppings. I guess the valet parks the guest cars under a tree somewhere...

Overall though the hotel is one of the very best choices to stay in Singapore. Attention to detail and elegance are trademarks of this hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 29 July 2011

On a recent business trip to Singapore I was fortunate enough to spend the night at The Fullerton Bay Hotel. Wow, this hotel is sensational. Rooms are extremely good, super comfy bed, great views of the Marina Bay area and some great restaurants. The rooftop bar and pool are fantastic, a great place for a drink after a days work. Service was excellent, definately think it is one of Singapore's best.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank AndMat
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Had a staycation at this hotel as a surprise from my husband for our wedding anniversary - as such, I may be biased due to the fond occasion and memories of it, but I do believe my great impressions of this hotel are well justified.

There are few other lobbies in the many hotels I've stayed in that has taken my breath away as this place does. Beautiful glittering mosaic tiles, grand chandeliers and their specially curated scent wafts through the air. Staff were polite and extremely hospitable.

The rooms were a treat, luxurious and contemporarily designed, with Molton Brown toiletries, a view of the Marina Bay skyline (which may not apply for all rooms), a Nespresso machine that we fully abused, and extremely thoughtful touches like a bathtub caddy, laptop handrest and so forth.

As locals, we ventured out to our familiar haunts for food instead of dining in the hotel, although the Lantern bar that is perched by the beautiful pool would be a hit if only for the amazing view.

Considering the needs of tourists or foreign visitors, I would definitely recommend a stay at the Fullerton Bay Hotel even if it isn't located within the popular shopping belt. Its a short cab ride away from shopping areas, museums and gives you an alternative point of view of the CBD crowd. Not to mention a short stroll takes you to Customs House or One Fullerton where there is Starbucks, and great restaurants like Overeasy and Kinki - and of course, the Merlion which I suppose would be a great tourist haunt to indulge in.

The only drawback - would be the layout of the hotel that has some sections facing inwards that renders the walkways dark at times. Also, being perched on a waterfront of a sea of water that isn't exactly blue and crisp but a little muggy and 'green' instead, it does affect the overall aesthetic of the hotel, albeit an uncontrollable factor.

Room Tip: Request for a room with unobstructed/minimal obstruction to the marina bay view
  • Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 28 July 2011

This hotel is top notch. As the CEO of a health travel logistics company that coordinates high net worth individual executive checkups, I did an impromptu reservation without any fanfare. I discovered that I can send clients to this hotel in total confidence that they will enjoy their stay, their surroundings, and receive the class of service for which this hotel is known. I don't have to belabor stiff contracts with them, they just do the right things.

Room Tip: the rooms are beautifully appointed, electric curtains open to the waterfront, nespresso pod coffema...
  • Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank AskMariaTodd
Chicago
Reviewed 26 July 2011

The Fullerton Bay in one of the best hotels I have stayed in and that is saying a lot. You can pay thousands of Euro's for great service or simply come to the Fullerton Bay.

Upon arrival, I was warmly greeted by Ifa and Henderson. After a quick check-in, I was shown to my room and all the features were explained. The room was absolutely gorgeous, quite possibly the best design I have seen so far!

Even tough the room was great, the staff were absolutely amazing! Front Desk agents always remembered my name and used it, when I was walking by. The evening doorman acknowledged that I was a hotel guest and gave me priority taxi service. The Bar Manager in the Landing Point/Lantern always recognized me and provided fantastic service. The seating hostess at Lantern remembered me from an evening at Lantern, greeted me by name as I was enjoying the pool and offered to make another reservation for Lantern. As I was late for my 3rd evening reservation at Lantern, they had no table and were then apologetic about providing me with what I thought was the best table in the house (the private elevated table near the DJ).

Overall, all the staff at Fullerton Bay were amazing! I have only experienced this level of VIP treatment when staying in a Ritz-Carlton Presidential Suite. It is absolutely amazing that they can make all guests feel like VIP's!

Cant wait to go back!

Room Tip: Its worth the upgrade to get a room with a view. Stunning!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank pek1
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2011

The rooms are a good size, very comfortable and the hotel is very quiet. We were fortunate enough to get an upgrade to a ground floor corner room with infinity jacuzzi (unheated thankfully) and views over the harbour. Staff were very friendly and volunteered to help us plan our visit to Singapore. Bed was exceptionally comfortable. Breakfast is a bit mediocre and the roof terrance bar is over-priced (GBP14 for a cocktail before tax & service) so it's better to go out for lunch and dinner beverages/dining as there are many dining options are closeby. Recommended.

Room Tip: Ground floor corner suite with infinity pool is excellent
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple