“Hospitality at its BEST & decor to-die-for!”

The Fullerton Bay Hotel Singapore
Ranked #2 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Sydney, Australia
“Hospitality at its BEST & decor to-die-for!”
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Checked in to the Fullerton Bay on my Birthday. From the moment I stepped out of the Taxi to the moment I walked out onto the Balcony, nothing but amazing service and beautiful surroundings. The lobby and it's decor were superb, the rooms luxurious and the bed dreamy.

After a birthday dinner at the nearby Marina Bays Sands, I was pleasantly surprise by a decadent chocolate dessert left in our room, complete with birthday candles and the words "Happy Birthday" written in glorious milk chocolate. Absolutely delicious! With compliments from the hotel.

Each morning guests are treated to an elaborate buffet breakfast at the beautiful Clifford. Complete with TWG Tea, eggs prepared as you wish and each staff member refer's to you by your name. Not only that, but they remembered my husband's special order of French Toast the day before and offered to him that morning.

The hotel is also well know for it's amazing rooftop pool and cocktail bar (Lantern), with an amazing view of the famous Marina Bay Sands complex. The bar is frequented daily by hotel guests & external patrons, majority from the adjacent banking district.

The ONLY negative experience we had was on the Friday night. Our room was located on the 6th floor, with the rooftop bar being on the 7th floor. As you can imagine a Friday night can be a very busy night for Lantern Bar. Having arrived back at the hotel between 12 - 1am, I wanted nothing more but to lie in the dreamy bed and get a good nights rest before checking out and flying home the following day. Alas, the music from the rooftop bar was extremely loud. After phoning the front desk twice, once to ask what time the music would end (apparently 2am), and the second time at 2:30am to say that the music was still loud. On a positive note the front desk assured me from the first phone call that would request the bar turn their music down. The second time they assured me they would have the music turned off. Which they did.

Please NOTE: I'm not complaining about the staff or the hotel. One would just assume, hotel guests would not want to hear loud clubbing music from their rooms from the hotel's bar? Perhaps it's just me. I prefer my rooms to be quiet especially at 1am.

However, this issue would be easily solved by requesting a room on a lower floor. I suspect the party upstairs would only be an issue on Friday nights and Saturday nights.

In summary, I would highly recommend this amazing hotel !!

Room Tip: If staying over a Friday or Saturday night I would suggest asking for a room that is not on the 6th...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank WonderingRoni

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 10 September 2012

I checked on Friday 5th September at the Fullerton Bay Hotel compelled by good reviews and recommendations. Upon my arrival, I was denied the ability to check in on the basis of my young age and hotel policy. Luckily (for the hotel), my friend had accompanied me the hotel and helped me cosign. In all my years travelling across the world and checking into different hotels, I had never experienced such a policy. I asked the girl and her colleague: "Out of curiosity, had my friend not been here, how would I have checked in?". He replied in the most degrading manner, "Unfortunately Sir, you would have been unable to check-in". That's it? No alternative arrangement? I then pose this question to the Fullerton Bay Hotel: Had I not been able to check in? Where would I stay after spending 1000 dollars on my so-called luxury experience? I'm sure the bleak concrete pavement of Collyer Quay would have been a fine alternative. Not impressed.

After having formally been granted the privilege of proceeding to the next step of the check-in process, the woman asked for a card imprint for incidentals. I handed over my Mastercard with hopes that the hotel would not dig its own grave any further. She then had the audacity to say to me "Sir, we usually hold around 200SGD per night for incidentals, but given your age, I can just hold 200SGD for you if you're not planning to consume anything in the room". Excuse me, while I palm my own face. Coming from Australia, where everyone is treated equally, I did not expect to travel 8 hours to the Fullerton Bay Hotel for them to unload their ageist predispositions on me. Isn't my money just as good as anyone else's? Aged 19, 25, 30 or 50? Furthermore, shouldn't you asking me about the mini-bar use at the END of the stay? How am I to know if I will want to eat or drink anything before I have even checked in? And is it even your business? Go figure.

Being a conservative, conflict-averse individual I held my tongue, not keen to kick a fuss over something so seemingly insignificant compared to the rest of my holiday itinerary. Abysmal service for a lovely hotel. I will be not returning any time soon in the near future. Ritz Carlton, Hilton, Mandarin Oriental, Pullman and the Four Seasons deserve my money, my family's money and my friends' money a great deal more.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
16 Thank Vincent G
New York City
Reviewed 10 September 2012

We stayed at the Fullerton Bay Hotel the first couple of days of a two-week holiday. Having come all the way from New York City, we were very grateful that the front desk staff were expecting us (indeed, they greeted us by name as we crossed the lobby), and that the room was ready.

The room was fabulous. From the breathtaking view of the Marina Bay Sands, to the Nespresso machine, to the Bose dock, no detail had been overlooked. Bed was very comfy, and the shower a pleasure to use.

The hotel's facilities are excellent - the rooftop pool and bar is a standout, with fantastic views of the city and attentive staff. The breakfast was also a standout, with dishes to tempt every palate and equally attentive staff.

One quibble and two caveat. Quibble: the food at the bar was singularly lackluster, particularly for a city like Singapore that takes it's food so seriously. We'd recommend avoiding the food there - although the drinks and service were great, and the view was outstanding. First caveat: while the hotel is very convenient to the business district, it is less so to tourist sites. If you plan on taking a taxi, this should not be a problem, but if (like us) you are inclined to do some walking and/or take the MRT, you may find that the location of the hotel, between the marina and a difficult-to-cross main thoroughfare is not quite ideal. Second caveat: the hotel prides itself on its signature scent, which is detectable in the lobby and other public areas of the hotel. We enjoyed it, and it is very subtle, but persons with an aversion (or allergy) to such things are forewarned.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nhdb
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 10 September 2012

I'm a regular hotel-stayer in Singapore, with occasional stay-cation being a hobby of my partner and I. Last weekend, I decided to explore Fullerton Bay Hotel for a weekend stay with my partner. We booked their Premier Bayview jacuzzi room, and it's indeed a memorable experience with them.

Even at the first point of contact, via the sales reservation, I'm impressed with the services. The sales executive was very professional in handling my requests, and I can indeed sense her smile through the phone. Eunice Lim is the reservation sales executive servicing me, and I like to take this opportunity to compliment her first-class service and attitude.

During the checking-in, services was excellent too. We do not have to stand by the counter to wait for the procedures, instead we proceed to the patio for a refreshing drink while we waited. Once the checking-in procedure is completed, their staff came over to us to bring us to the room. We were impressed with the attitude, smiles and professionalism.

Being a surprise trip for my partner, I've requested with the reservations staffs to perhaps surprise her. I was not even required to input my thoughts into the process, and they took the initiatives to create a romantic touch to the room, by suggesting rose petals display, bottle of red wine, a small nice cake and a cute Fullerton bear for her. This is what I called a 7-stars hotel services.

Over the course of the trip, we could not come up with any examples of flaws with their services.
Room services call, reservation for dinner at Lantern Bar etc were all met with 1st-class service staffs.

In short, this hotel and its excellent services has indeed won a repeat customers in my partner and I. In fact we've decided to explore this hotel on a frequent basis.

Marco

Room Tip: Must-try: Their Premier Bay-view Room with jacuzzi. A room with the best view in the whole Singapore...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank MarcoLim
East Sussex
Reviewed 5 September 2012 via mobile

A great location on the waterfront. The hotel is very modern and the rooms very similar to the Mandarin Oriental in Hong Kong. Every detail is considered in the rooms and they gave me the best nights sleep for a long time! The roof bar is good, although dead during the day. In the evening it comes alive and is a cool night spot. Only thing that let it down was the food in all the restaurants was not up to the standard of the rest of the hotel.

Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank PeterB29
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 5 September 2012

What an absolutely beautiful hotel. We spent 3 nights here (27-29 August) and then 2 nights at the Marina Bay Sands. The room was fantastic from the view, the BOSE dock, the Nespresso Machine, the seriously amazing robes, there was nothing you could want for (even had scissors). Also the service was incredible, from the waitress remembering our breakfast order each morning (the way you have your coffee, what juice you drink, they way your eggs are cooked) to the room being made up twice a day so when you get back from dinner the bathroom has been serviced with new towels etc. The bed was seriously the most comfortable I have ever slept in (moving to the Marina Bay was like sleeping on a rock). Then the rooftop pool/bar - seriously takes your breath away when you first step out of the lift it is so beautiful. Again the service here was fantastic - within 2 minutes of grabbing your lounge (we were the only people there again can't say that about the Marina Bay) you have a glass of iced water with lemon and beautiful skewers of fruit! We had drinks and finger food each night at the rooftop bar which was great. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough it was totally stunning in every way. The Marina Bay was great just to swim in the pool and see the view but there was no comparison at all - the Fullerton Bay is truly a 5 star hotel whereas the Marina aBay felt a bit like staying in a Travelodge!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ah1966
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I visited the Fullerton Bay Hotel for Business for 2 nights and a late check-out. The Hotel is a design icon which combines everything a business traveller needs - great location, great rooms, excellent sport facilities, fantastic and personalised service as you would expect within the true luxury hospitality. Singapore is a high price market but in this Hotel every penny spent is worth it. The view from the roof top during the morning swim in an outstanding lap pool and at night during a smart casual business meeting at the bar is not matched in any other location around Marina Bay. The staff was throughout very professional and impressively pro-active when needed. Example - second morning breakfast I got my favourite tea and my favourite juice (in a bigger glass than the usual small juice glasses) without asking. Rating is for sure a 5 ! The only small issue was the Internet access solution which was not fully reliable through the stay - but both times it has been solved late night from the service desk within 10 minutes - so if something goes wrong the team does deliver. Last but not least to mention I was greeted by every staff member I met on the floor during my stay. Will be back soon when travelling for business to Singapore.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business