“Lovely hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
“Lovely hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

I had a great staycation here a few weeks back and the hotel was lovely! The staff were great and attentive to every little detail, the rooms were amazing and there was plenty to do around the fullerton bay area! The perfect quick getaway without going away. Thank you Fullerton bay

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

One particularly outstanding bit of service: my necklace had broken on the flight and I enquired at the Concierge desk where I might get it re-strung. It is not an expensive item but a gift from a friend and a favourite. The concierges took it and told me they would sort something out. A couple of hours later they phoned the room to say I was fixed: one of the concierges had done the restringing himself, with a tiny knot between each bead as on the original.

We stayed here in June before the haze and so were able to make use of the rooftop bar and pool. The bar is great but the loungers are most inconveniently situated in the shallows of the pool, making it almost impossible to keep towels dry, and very worrying should one fumble and drop a phone or kindle. Furthermore, the water rises up in the gap between the seat and the back of the lounger (they really sit right down in the water - no legs) keeping you constantly damp... A triumph of style over utility.

Otherwise, rooms, beds, facilities, breakfast all excellent. The doorman made sure to remember our name and always ensured that as residents we were able to get taxis ahead of the usual queue.

Terrific hotel - exceptional service.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 3 days during the worst of the haze. We loved the room and small details like bath salts, Bulgari soaps and shampoos, tea selection and nespresso machine. Bed was comfortable and you could choose whatever pillow you wanted from the pillow menu. However, I don't know if it's just because I was pregnant, the smell from the linen slightly bothered me, as it reminded me of old socks. My husband however did not find anything wrong. :) location is great, just an overpass walk away from the subway (raffles place). And staff were very friendly. Unfortunately I wasn't able to take a dip in the pool as there was an event going on the first night we stayed, while on other nights the haze was unhealthy. Definitely recommended!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

I like Singapore, second time there this time at The Fullerton Bay Hotel.
I was pleasantly surprised by the welcoming and helpful staff, great style rooms, and they are a good size along with great views (Premier Bay View Room is great value)
Lovely bathrooms and Bvlgari products for those indulgers! The breakfast has a very varied choice, caters for all tastes. I was really surprised every day the quailty remained the same and the staff were always helpful and attentive to your needs.

Amazing roof top swimming pool and Bar, this is a great spot day or night and the atmosphere in the evening is great with good music and a nice atmosphere. The food is out of this world, the light bites chicken stay and tuna tartare are really good. Also if you want something simple they will accomodate your request. Cocktails are good too!

I also like the location, not far from any of the hotspots or some just a short taxi ride away.
Very hard to fault this hotel and I will be staying again very soon. Compared to the Mandarin Oriental this hotel is much more welcoming and the decor is also very nice, light and airy.
You can see the light show from Marina Bay Hotel at 8pm every night, the malls and markets are not far away. Use the metro its great fun and very cheap. Better than Englands underground thats for sure!
Overall a very memborable trip, cant wait to go back.

2 Thank Cupcakebrown1983
Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

This is my kind of hotel. Elegant, chic and with excellent service to boot. The location is convenient, with the MRT steps away, walking distance to some attractions- the Asian Civilizations Museum, Boat Quay and the Esplanade Theaters on the Bay. My room was spacious, well appointed with thoughtful amenities. The bed was very comfortable and I almost overslept the next morning. The only thing I regret is not having enough time to enjoy the hotel as my stay was very short. The next time I visit Singapore, this is where I'm staying.

Room Tip: Due to the location of the hotel, all the rooms have good views. The rooms facing the Bay have bett...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank globetrottingdiva
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

stayed at Fullerton Bay for 4 nights. Very comfortable stay and pleasant experience throughout. it is difficult to find any aspect of my stay that was not 5-star quality. I wish all 5 star hotels were like Fullerton bay. Staff is doing an excellent job. Highly recommend a rooftop pool with amazing views.

Room Tip: if you can get a room facing the bay
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

The wife and I flew home from the USA via Hong Kong & Singapore in February 2013 and we stayed at the Mandarin Oriental in Singapore( still having nightmares about our mould filled suite the first night of our stay in that hotel). - Friends had referred us to the MO,but we really wanted to try the new Fullerton Bay hotel, which is about a 30 minute walk from the MO so we walked over and checked it out during our stay.
What we saw inspired us to book the Fullerton Bay hotel for our next trip to Asia in April/May 2013 so we did.
We flew into Singapore with another couple on our way home from Shanghai in May 2013 and we stayed at the Fullerton Bay hotel for one night. We arrived around 8.00PM and we proceeded to check in,shortly after which we were taken to a suite. - This was where things got weird!
We had booked 2 suites, however we were all taken to one suite where all of our luggage was left with us. No explaination was given as to why we were all in one suite and before we realized what was happening the porters had departed, leaving us with one set of keys for one suite and one bed?? - what the?
I then decided to go back downstairs to find out what was going on! - On arrival at reception I was informed that the other suite was not yet ready for occupancy due to house keeping still being required and that this should have been explained to us. - As this was 8.00PM at night I was amazed that both of our suites were not ready as this was several hours after check in time. - That is a poor effort for a 5 star hotel, not to mention the poor front of house culture exhibited by a complete lack of communication to even discuss this was what was happening!!

I explained my disappointment as to what had transpired to the duty manager, who was very apologetic & Sympathetic. - From here, things reverted back to the kind of service you would expect from a 5 star luxury hotel and our friends were given a complimentary upgrade to a much larger and more expensive suite as a gesture of good will. I was also offered a discount, if i wished to upgrade to the Presidential suite as a gesture of good will so i took the hotel up on that as well.

Soon after we were happily upgraded to our better suites and the hotel management then arranged a nice table for us on the rooftop pool/bar/restaurant area where we spent the next few hours happily sipping cocktails and taking in the views of the bay and the Marina Bay Sands hotel in the distance ( which is like being in an ant farm if you are a guest there).

The Presidential suite itself was quite nice,but for the money it was not as "grandiose" as other Presidential suites charging similar rates that I have stayed in. - Nice, but the price/value equation didn't add up. - Smaller than other Presidential suites I have stayed in and not enough "bang for bucks" in my opinion. - For example, smaller suites had Jacuzzi hot tubs on the balcony outside the suite but the Presidential suite did not?

The other suites however, did provide good bang for bucks,especially the Jacuzzi suites, so I would reccommend these as good value. The hotel itself is quite new and very modern. It is a boutique hotel so, being smaller it is not too crowded. The downstairs public areas are bright,airy and modern. We ate lunch in the Clifford restaurant and the food and service was very good, as was the food and service at the lantern bar/restaurant on the roof.

After our initial "Stand- by" treatment on check in things improved and we were happy in the hotel. - If you prefer modern properties exhibiting architectural cutting edge design this is a good venue for you.

Room Tip: Jacuzzi suites are best value IMO.
4 Thank RelaxWithMax