“First Experience!”

River City Inn
Jakarta, Indonesia
“First Experience!”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I spent 3 nights staying in Singapore River city Inn, i would love to stay there again on my next visit. This was my first experience staying in a hostel and i had a great time. i was in a 9 bed dorms all girls they have locker with a key so no need to bring extra padlock. lower bunk bed with curtain is great but i was in a single bed withour upper bunk in the corner and i love the spot it gives you extra privacy. Hot shower, iron, hair dryer and super clean bathrooms and toilets. 24 hour free tea and coffee, TV and BF included in the price. overall its really good, but you must be aware that this hostel is in 4th floor without lift, keep that extra energy! im highly recommend you to stay at this hostel. i am satisfied its near 711 and 2 min away from central clarke quay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 18 June 2014

i have been here thrice times. fun experience every single one of them.

the last time i spent 3 nights in the 26 bed dorm.

cindy has been very helpful to help me when i have to check out very early in the morning, and inform me about other guest whom i shared a taxi with to the airport.

there's a jogging track near the inn, so i can do my runs and came straight to hot shower.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 6 June 2014

(Stayed 1 night, 26 Bed Dorm)

I was back a year after my first stay at River City Inn. I had stayed previously for 3 nights and this time I needed something to cushion a 18 hour layover to my next flight.

Jackie helped me make two bookings, one for my friends who arrived before me and myself for my stop over. He was at the desk when I arrived in along with a few familiar faces.

The place hasn't changed since my last stay, still very clean and well maintained. I forgot to request for a bottom bunk, but this time the AC wasn't as cold as last time so I didn't mind.

The staff are happy to wake up early, as my group left around 7am we rang the bell and the funny girl (I forgot her name!) made a couple jokes and happily returned the bond to us.

The location is in the upmarket Clark Quay area, about 5 to 10 minutes from the MRT station depending on whether you jaywalk or use the footbridge.

River City Inn doesn't have a lift and is on the fourth floor, they make this clear when you book, I had a 15kg suitcase and was bareable.

You can walk to the Merlion, it takes about 15 minutes. If you're around for 3 days or more grabbing an Ez-link card for the MRT saves the hassle of getting the single tickets. The hostel is not too far from the airport, approx. 30mins, via MRT with an Ez-Link card it costs around $3.40SGD from memory.

I'd probably stay here again in the future if it calls for affordable hostel accommodation in the Lion City.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Krakow, Poland
Reviewed 29 May 2014

If you are looking for a hostel where you can feel as comfortable as at home, that's the one you should choose. Very cozy, clean place, near to the mrt and city center. Very friendlly staff. Deffinetly worth recommending.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Cainta, Rizal, Philippines
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Considering the prices of accommodation in SG, this one's really worth the money. Although the room I stayed in is quite small (and I had to share it with 6 other guests), the friendliness of the staff and its location in the city were able to compensate. The hostel in Chinatown near Clarke Quay, and if you want to go to tourist spots, such as the Merlion and the Marina Bay Sands, they're fairly walking distance. Besides, with SG's highly organised public transportation, it's easy to go around the city as the hostel is also near a number of train stations.

Room Tip: Airconditioning is usually turned off during the day, so it may get really hot in the rooms. Just go...