“Stellar @ 1-Altitude”

Ranked #235 of 12,099 Restaurants in Singapore
Price range: US$75 - US$160
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown Core
Description: At Stellar our aim is to match the breath taking view with quintessential progressive Australian cuisine. Warm, knowledgeable, professional staff will extend genuine hospitality as they guide you through your dining experience. To present an original cuisine where texture, purity of flavour and quality of ingredients is paramount. WHAT IS PROGRESSIVE AUSTRALIAN CUISINE? “I always say that I cook in an ‘Australian way’. To me this means cooking with an open mind, being inspired by global flavours, always moving forward and cooking from the heart,” said Stellar’s Chef Christopher Millar, who hails from Melbourne Australia.

I enjoyed my meal.
Fantastic view
But staff lacked personal touch with the food.
I could not feel what
they were presenting.
I only could do it from the menu.

Ideally they should draw more crowd.

Their pros:
They have the ultimate package.
Bar, lounge (club) , restaurant.
Good view.
Good attitude
But poor service.

Their cons:
Other than the view and their menu. Their experience looses out.

However, it's a thumbs up!

I would like to commend
The Assistant Manager n her team to make the effort to please.

Their attitude:
tact n polite.

Would I visit again?
Yes. If they have a discount for enduring guests.

What would I like?
More professionalism which they loose out to Odette and Ci La Vi

Review collected in partnership with www.chope.co
1  Thank terencesingapore1987

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went there yesterday with my brothers. Seated by the windows, we were greeted by the stunning view of the Marina Bay. We ordered the 8-course omakase set and it did not disappoint. One stark difference from their contemporaries is that their savoury dish have a lighter taste (don't get me wrong, lighter does not mean tasteless) which is good as it reduces the risk of diners feeling cloyed. However, dessert was more intense in terms of flavoring which ended the meal ended with a bang! It was a trio of cakes assembled in-situ which is a refreshing change of style.

Service was prompt and attentive, with a special shout-out to Theresa, who kindly arranged for a birthday cake at the end even though we never mentioned anything about a birthday prior to the meal. It was a really nice gesture which ended our experienced on a high note.

1  Thank WilliamHindarto
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband & I dined there for his 50th Birthday. I had advised the restaurant of this fact & we were given a fabulous table with a window view urged to get there early (6.30pm which is unheard of for a couple of New Yorkers...) so we could be guaranteed a window seat & see the sunset.

It was a Sunday & we’d planned to go up to the rooftop bar for drinks before dinner with it’s 360 degree views to watch the sunset but agreed to take the earlier booking at the restaurants request.

The restaurant was more or less empty when we got there & we were sad to see that the sun actually set in the opposite direction to the way the restaurant faced. So we really could have stuck to our earlier plan... Irrespective the amuse-bouche & appetisers were amazing, our server lovely & attentive when needed. The hiccup came at the entrees... my husband ordered the fish, the Amadai & I ordered the Warm Burrata ‘Ravioli’. Our server explained that there wasn’t much to the dish I had ordered but I was ok with that.

The dishes arrived, indeed my dish was sparse… A couple of splices of trumpet mushrooms, a few dots of burrata & a sprinkling of asparagus. I couldn’t smell let alone taste the promised winter truffles that were part of the dish. As I took my first bite my teeth crunched through what I thought was some type of interesting texture artistically & liberally distributed across my plate beneath the sporadic food.

It tasted unusual & was obviously flavored heavily with something I couldn’t quite put my finger on… I decided to give it another go & again crunched through what almost seemed like a small rock.

I was asked how my meal was & answered honestly, that it had been unpleasant & questioned what I’d been eating.

Burrata dirt I was told... actual dirt? Yes... anyway long story short the staff fell over themselves to try & make it up to us. 3 deserts later, they also realised that they’d completely missed the fact that it was my husband’s 50th Birthday & promptly brought out yet another desert & sang Happy Birthday! We were bouncing off the walls from the sugar high! Bottom line my husband knows I love him enough to eat dirt for him & will think twice about what I’m ordering if I ever eat at Stellar again!

1  Thank N G
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Executive Chef Millar is in a class of his own, friendly and extremely knowledgeable at the same time humble. Food is exquisite here with seasonal produce and premium ingredients. Views here are astounding. Private rooms available for larger groups

Reviewed 9 June 2018

Our concierge suggested the Stellar at 1Altitude as a perfect place for the celebration of our 33rd wedding anniversary. He was absolutely right. In a nicely arranged location with beautiful views over singapore we both had a individually created three course menue and each course was prepared to perfection, the greetings from the kitchen, too; but what made everything really special was Ray and her colleagues, who were the perfect hosts for our celebration including very personal surprises. We loved each and every moment.