“Clean and central.”

New Society Backpackers' Hotel
Ranked #145 of 234 Speciality Lodging in Singapore
Reviewed 7 January 2013

Nowhere is cheap in Singapore but you can save a few pennies by staying here. We had a room (2 bunk beds). Clean linen, good air con, clean shared bathroom. It was quiet and just a place to lay our heads but no character. If you are looking for atmosphere try somewhere else. Staff were helpful and lots of amenities nearby.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank beachbabyNottingham
There are newer reviews for New Society Backpackers' Hotel

Reviewed 7 November 2012

Stayed once due to recommendation but never regretted my choice as the people there are awfully friendly and helpful. With the latest renovation, the place is really making every penny I spent worth..will never doubt if I ever go Singapore in future, Society Backpackers' will be the first choice :)

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Chloe1006
Reviewed 6 November 2012

I want to promote and to congratulate to the Society Backpackers Hotel in Singapore, Personally I was there and I give him a very special vote, for being cozy, wonderfully ... in every sense. To give the congratulation to his manager Terence Chong for s or amiability, comity, dedication ... and to his wonderful family. To all those that work there, being persons special and dedicated to the necedidades of the client for point, for his confidence, his help, in end that to say of a company that it cultivates clients based on love, discipline, cleanliness, generosity, amiability.......Also, like the facilities of the Society Backpackers do not forget Hotel in Singapore?, in general it is the situated brilliant one where you find a great comfort for his magnificent decoration and his marvellous distribution. Common zones where to be able to have breakfast, speak, share friendship with everything that one that comes there. Wide bedrooms shared with persons of the whole world, a meeting of culture, of friendship ...... Really not you podeis to lose if at some time decidiis to go to Singapour. A city with a captivation and a very sensual glamour that captivates you for the quantity of marvels that has, his people .... everything there shines, is spectacular, his port, his beaches, which to say of Singapour!!!.I thank for having found this hotel where his manager Terence Chong Is very special since personally he devotes himself that everything that one that comes places Singaopur's great smile, for his attention, for his simplicity, sharm, for doing that all sintamos as in house, it detaches his peace, harmony ...., you eat dudaria in returning to happen there my nights and days in the Society. I captivate this Spanish woman and I her fill with enthusiasm each and every of the presents there. Thank you for everything and you I give my mas congratulation for your hotel, facilities and the confidence, captivation and the love that becomes detached there. Teresa.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tess24_12
Reviewed 20 October 2012

stayed here with 4 other friends for new year's eve. We made a booking at one of the hotel, same row with this hotel, but the room was given away and they refund our money. So we randomly picked Ark259 Lodge and it was an awesome stay. we got a room at the ground level, right next to lobby, shared bathroom, and pantry.

It was a big dorm for us only, comfortable beds, aircond, new lockers, and clean bathrooms. Its just that the location was a bit too far from city center - orchard rd, marina bay, etc. but its short-walk to nearest MRT station and good restaurants / cafes. overall, i would recommend all travelers to stay here and enjoy singapore.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Haikal_Hazman
Reviewed 4 October 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed in the dorm room and really enjoyed the the air conditioning and the price. The staff at Society are really helpful and friendly. They were very knowledgeable about Singapore. My all time favorite thing was the blackberry jam for breakfast and the cheap beer.

Thank you for making our stay comfortable and pleasant.

We will definitely be back.

Julia and Tom

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julia0770
Reviewed 24 September 2012

A big thank you to the family team at 'Society backpackers Hotel'. You guys made my 7 nights stay in your hotel a very comfortable and enjoyable one. Your personal care and concerns for the guests much impressed me as many hostels or hotels are just too commercialised.
This hotel is just newly renovated 2 months ago and everythng here is almost perfect for a backpackers hotel calibre (cannot compare to a 4*star hotel but this would be a 4* standard to a budget traveler). Its simple and warmth decor with nice clean white walls, newly replace timber flooring, almost spotless clean envirmonement and most importantly clean beddings and linens got my uptmost vote. Good locale, close to MRT and shops. Friendly and ever-ready to assist staff.
A big thank you to hotel owner, Terence in allowing me to charge to his credit card to facilitate my air-ticket booking as my card did not work. Thank you once again and I will definately spread the good words of your hotel to the world. Keep up the great service and wish your hotel great success.

Cheers.
Ingrid

Room Tip: There are some long term stayers on the 3rd level but overall is ok. I was given the 2nd floor dorm...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ingrid48_12
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Liked:

This is a very good hostel where we can have a good rest and a decent sleep at night. I slept here 2 nights with my friend and overall, we like it. We were given a 20-bed dorm and it is divided into 2 i.e. 10 beds and 10 beds by a curtain in the middle.

The location is nice as it is near the Farrer Park station where you can just enter the City Square Mall to go to the station. The cleanliness is also good and the toilets are fine. You will be given a locker with key [no need to bring own padlocks] and the toilet is attached to the dorm which make it convenient to go to the toilet and/or bathroom.

Hot shower is available and to enter the room, you will have a key card which means, security is also good. The staff is also friendly and the best part is it has free breakfast and you can have plain water at any time of the day. There is also a place for you to chill and relax in the front balcony which is also a smoking area. WiFi is also doing great.

Met fellow travellers from Indonesia, Japan and Germany apart from those staying for work.

Overall, this hostel is good and you can have a good sleep and/or rest with a cheap price.

Comments:

Overall, I liked this hostel. But several things that I want to comment are:

1. There is no individual reading lamp at your bed. However, this is not a big problem as at night, I am only here to sleep and have a rest.

2. The aircond is not 24-H. It is on from 7.00 pm to 10.00 am. I am fine with this, but I think an alternative such as fan should be provided so that travellers who need rest in the afternoon will have a breeze.

3. My mattress is quite old and thin. On my last day, I sat at the bed beside me and it feels that the mattress is so comfortable as compared to mine. But this is no big issue as I still have a decent and good night sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for bed which is a little bit further from the door, the curtain or the bathroom door as it is q...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank kairulizwan