We stayed at the Jayleen 1918 in Carpenter St for only 2 nights in February 2014 while on our way to India.
I booked a Family Deluxe room which had 3 single beds to ensure that we had sufficient room, using one of the beds for our bags.
No need to post pictures as the room looks exactly like the website.
A/C and wifi was very good as was hot water and the bathroom was large - room overall was very clean.
Beds were comfy and we slept well. A common feature of Singaporean beds however is that they are short. I am a short person myself and found my feet hanging over the end of the bed. Taller people may find this a major issue if staying for a longer period in any of the cheaper hotels in Singapore.
Reading local papers you will see beds advertised with five foot mattresses!
Breakfast mainly catered to the taste of domestic tourists but Clarke Quay is nearby with a Starbucks and a hawker's centre. Breakfast is such a subjective meal i hesitate to recommend anywhere but there are lots of choices.
Over the road from Jayleen there is another hotel with ads for cheaper accommodation in walking distance from $35 Singapore for dorm beds.
Bear in mind that check in times in Singapore are not until 3pm at most hotels - at Jayleen check in is 2pm - time your flight accordingly or arrange early check in.
At another nearby hotel we paid $30 for early check in at 9am - it was well worth the money after a night flight.
One thing about Jayleen - if leaving early in the morning, we had asked the night manager to organise a taxi for us without realising there was a rank over the road.
He arranged for a specific cab who appeared to be a friend to take us to the airport - this guy charged us twice the going rate $50 as opposed to the usual $25.
Watch out for this as when you exit the hotel taxis will approach you if you have booked or not, even at 4am.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Jayleen 1918 is affordably priced and located right in the City Centre, close to the Singapore River, Boat Quay and Clarke Quay Entertainment District.It is walking distance to Raffles Place, Chinatown, The Esplanade, and within 2km to Suntec City Convention Centre and Marina Bay Sands Convention Centre and Hotel.Both Tourists and Business Visitors alike find this hotel ideally located and suitably priced.The Hotel has a heritage look, both on its external facade, as well as in the decor of its rooms, while being modern, recently built with Free Wifi and Free Local Telephone Calls. A sumptuous American Buffet Breakfast is also included in the room rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, LateRooms, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Jayleen 1918 Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Jayleen 1918 Hotel Singapore
- Jayleen 1918 Hotel Singapore