“Recommended!”
Review of Jayleen 1918 Hotel

Jayleen 1918 Hotel
Ranked #189 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stayed there for 3 nights and it was a pleasant stay. I booked the deluxe family room. Nice room and facilities, not to mention the perfect location. And the price is the best of all. It didn't feel like I was staying at a budget hotel, because for me comfy bed, clean room, clean sheets, nice bathroom are all that matters. Breakfast was very good (it's very subjective, tho), the staffs were nice n helpful. I visited SG for work with my 2 other colleagues and I chose this hotel so I can save more for the shopping spree! For vacation next time I'll definitely choose this hotel again.

However, I still got one unresolved question in my mind, tho, regarding the hot shower. I really like hot shower but the thing is that the hot water never lasted long enough like only 15 minutes. Was it on purpose? Because the hotel might have a policy of electricity saving or else hahaha, was ok tho, but I would have given five stars rating if you got unlimited hot water.

Room Tip: I don't think the rooms are very spacious so if there's only 2 of you, you can book the delu...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank nilamhamid

Reviewed 28 May 2014

for they offered us two single beds for 3 people in a very small room and we had no opportunity to change rooms.

An irritation is the name, as this hotel does not belong to the "Best Western Hotel Group";

excellent location near Clarke Quay. friendly staff

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Peter K
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This hotel is tough to rate, honestly, I watch hotel impossible very week, that being said, I see everything, the hotel was clean but could be better, there were ants that needed to be taken care of. The location is amazing 10 mins from china town, 15 mins from national museum and short train ride to marina bay, gardens by the bay, vivo city and sentosa as well as raffles clarke qeuy. You honestly can not get a better location, price fits too. Staff is extremely helpful friendly compassionate. I do feel like the inside odes need to be renovated but I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Maxwell Hawker centre in china town. Go up Carpenter to the MRT Station or around the corner for ri...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank seadweller80
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed from the 18th May to 21st May, with my wife and an infant.

I believed other reviews for this hotel and booked, I was shocked! It was nothing like what other reviewers say. If you pay top dollar you deserve something better than Jayleen 1918.

On a late arrival, the poor hotel staff had to enlist the help of quirky friends to cover the front desk- he took our passports and told us he was not a staff but a friend. Naturally we were alarmed! We waited a full 10 minutes with no one to attend to us. Room was so small that there was hardly any room to move after adding a baby cot. Shower and shampoo dispensers and the bathroom floor was filthy and caked with grime (See photos attached). Curtain separating the toilet and shower just doesn't work. If you take a shower the toilet seat gets all wet.

Complimentary breakfast was a joke. Found a long strand of hair buried amongst the sausages, when I confronted the kitchen staff they didn't respond and just took it away.

Asked for a baby high chair and they retrieved an obviously used/uncleaned high chair that we wiped down ourselves. When we informed the staff they just replied that it was from the store room. Duty manager discussed this amongst themselves and did not approach us to apologize.

Found some dirt and water on the breakfast sitting area floor and requested for the staff to clean it up, they brushed us aside and asked us to sit at another table instead. Which were mostly still dirty from previous usage. When we told them most if not all the tables were still dirty, another elderly staff burst in and started shouting to us, asking us to show him where the dirty tables are. This led to an exchange of words, needless to say the duty manager who was not present at the time but was informed of what happened did not come over later to our table to apologise or explain why their staff was so rude. We informed their staff Ms. Irene of what happened and nothing came from it.

We immediately looked online to stay elsewhere. At the rates that they charged, we stayed at the Peninsula Excelsior Hotel for the same rates and were upgraded to a club suite, overlooking marina bay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank George N
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Stayed here for 6 nights for the leisure portion of my visit and now had to move to hotel booked by work - wish i could have stayed on at Jayleen. It is perfectly situated with the MRT Clarke Quay and the Mall at one end and great street with 7-11 and local bars and eateries at the other - easy to walk to Chinatown in 10 mins, and lots of bus routes either side so very easy to use as a base. Room is small but me and my 5 bits of luggage fitted with no problem, room amenities are great and dual shower (rain shower and normal) is heaven. Wifi is good enough and free throughout the hotel, wired connection can be used in your room as well which is faster. terrace on 4th floor and roof terrace great to sit and relax and means you dont have to go down to the street to smoke. Breakfast is fairly standard but free - you just have to be varied in your selection each day :-). Oh and saving ht ebest for last - every single member of staff I interacted with was absolutely perfect - true customer service - helping with bags, arranging taxis, giving directions etc all done with no asking and in a truly friendly hospitable way. Now i am sat in a much more expensive business hotel and they could learn a lot from the owners of the Jayleen

Room Tip: if you are a smoker try to get a room on the th floor - the terrace on that floor is somewhere you c...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Batboy N
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights in May 2014. Free WIFI on the rooms. Breakfast is rich and delicious but the lunchroom is a bit dirty. ( The rooms are very clean. ) Excellent location, restaurants sights are just few steps.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2014

i stayed inthe hotel for 3 nights with my wife. the location is excellent as it has very easy access to MRT station and clarke quay. china town is just a 15 minutes walk from the hotel and there are many night life activity around the area

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple