“Great Little Hotel and Great Staff”
Review of Moon 23 Hotel

Moon 23 Hotel
Ranked #274 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This place is always a pleasant stay, well located and clean and good value.
I would like to thank the staff for making my stay this weekend really nice even when there was some minor check in tension I found them to be excellent.

My only comment is that the breakfast sausages and scrambled eggs really are not the best, and there's nowhere else to go nearby.

Room Tip: Don't pay for upgraded "executive" rooms as they aren't worth the expense, stick w...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JalanJalan69

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stayed for a night (weekday) with my partner last month. We called the hotel before our arrival and asked if we could check in early and we were permitted; with no extra charge. Location wise, it is in the heart of Little India which made it easy to find many eateries and is also near by the MRT station.

We booked the standard room. We read the reviews on Tripad before booking so we knew about the rooms being small. The room had no windows but it didnt bother us much.The room was clean and neat. TV does not have many channels, but showed BPL though. Toilet was clean too with toiletries being provided but it was a tad too dim for my liking.

Not many people may enjoy staying in a small space, but i grew to like it as it was cozy. The bed was really comfortable and i had a good sleep. Tea, coffee and 2 bottles of water were provided and the drinks in the mini fridge were free too. The WiFi is free and the speed was fast. There is also a locker in the room.

The standard room is best for single or double occupancy only in my opinion. There is no wardrobe in the room but there is a small area where you can hang 1 or 2 clothing. We also asked if we could check out an hour later and we were allowed to do so.

Overall, enjoyed my stay here and would come back again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I reached the hotel 2 hours earlier that the check-in time. I sat that the reception for half an hour and I was allowed to occupy the room earlier at no extra charge. I really liked that. The rooms are pretty tiny and the one that I received didn't have a window, just a curtain to make you feel that you are not contained in a cell. But that didn't bother me as I was on a business trip and I was back only in the evening. The rooms are neat and clean. Complimentary snacks, juice bottles and beer tins are stocked in the refrigerator and restocked every day. You have to call for room service if you want your room cleaned and I feel secure that way. There is also a locker in case you want to keep your valuables.

The hotel is on 23, Dickson Road at Little India and it's the best location for a business trip since it's centrally located. The MRT is just 5 mins walk away and it's about 20 mins from the Airport.

The hotel offers free Wi-Fi internet, complimentary buffet breakfast in the morning and complimentary cocktails in the evening between 5-7pm. The cocktails are definitely a favorite feature as spirits in Singapore are expensive.

Overall, my experience w

Room Tip: I guess the superior rooms have a window, if you want one.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank DonnieG3004
Reviewed 20 May 2014

During the last business visit to Singapore I booked this hotel through booking.com.i Have reached ther on 9th May at 9.00 am. They charged me for a full day for that 3 hours and explained me that the check in time is 12.00 noon. The surprises started from there. The experience was terrible. Its over priced for the level of service offered. Non friendly staffs and arrogant attitude towards the service requests. The rooms are small and boxy. Fake windows are fixed on the walls. When u open the curtain, its just a wall. Surprised!!.
The breakfast was horrible. Nothing is tasty and old breads and croissants which are hard and should be careful when u eat. Sides are hard and sharp.
The lady at the reception (FA-MALA (as per my invoice)) was one of the best example for the worst attitude which should never shown at customers.
They even charged for an additional full day for just 3 hours i have reached there early.
We traveled from Oman. Such hotels wont even get even a single star at Oman.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank SubashDelhi
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We booked this hotel for a three day stopover before heading to Australia. Our room was small with no windows but we expected that from the reviews, and the air con worked brilliantly. Everything was clean and smart, the bathroom was modern and stylish with a great shower. Tea and coffee facilities available in the room as well as bathrobes, disposable slippers, razors, toothbrushes and shower gels. We used this hotel as our base to explore Singapore and with continental breakfast included and at certain times free drinks it was perfect. Would definitely recommend to stay here and I would come back again!

Room Tip: You don't need a window as there's not much to see on the street anyway
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2014

To sum up with a word, 'unworthy'.

- poor services
Front desk
(Staffs display can't be bother attitude/unfriendliness)

Housekeeping
(Did a terrible job in upholding the cleanliness of the room, dusty coffee amenities items/tray, items are not given/replenish accordingly, linens are not change daily, torn linens used, dirty curtain with stains spotted, wall paper with dirt) I wonder if the rooms are clean/inspect before the next guest check in, or just top up items, and tidy the bed?

I gave up on the hotel because the housekeeping can't be bother with the little note that I wrote on the writing pad! Reminding them to take note of certain areas in the room, like replenishing of the items/amenities and wipe the bloody dusty coffee tray and its amenities!

Incomplete replenishment of items.
There's 2 guests, and only 1 bath towel replenish, no additional bathroom amenities when the ones in room are already 3/4 used. When seek help from the staff, staff sound unfriendly and unwilling to help. I would not have ask you to help, if the service provided was up to standard, and the necessary are given!

Poor maintenance
Engineering
A lot of defects in the room.
(Peeling of paints, stain/mold on ceiling, chipped of wood)

Well, just as what I mentioned above, the service here is horrible. Think twice before you book, go for one the you think worth you to spend that amount of money!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Broaderick
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We had a one night staycation over the weekend and we arrived slightly earlier than the check-in time of 3pm. We were told that the rooms were not ready, however service was efficient. The rooms were ready in 10 minutes after we arrived.

We proceed to the room, however we noticed that the bedsheets were not placed properly. Hence,we called the Housekeeping staff along the corridor to help us with it. Two housekeeping staff came to help, however the bedsheets could not fitted in and they apologized that the bedsheets were too small as they have shrunk after several washing. Eventually we made do with the unfit bedsheets, as they did not offer to change them and they were taking up our time.

Room is considered to be small, however we were fine with the amount of space as we do not have any big luggages. Room had no windows, but it was unnoticeable as the hotel placed a curtain over the white washed walls giving an illusion of windows. It does not seem to bother us as we do not open the windows. Bed was comfortable and the rain shower was good too. The drinks in the fridge are free for guests, and there were 2 cans of beer, soft drinks, juices and water. Breakfast spread was decent, however there were not enough seats to cater for guests. Guests were standing around to have their breakfast. Hotel was kind enough to give a late check out at 1pm too.

Overall, the stay was good. I would recommend this hotel in Singapore if you have a budget.

Room Tip: Room is tight, not good if you have too many luggages.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple