“You get what you pay for” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Moon 23 Hotel

Moon 23 Hotel
Ranked #255 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Brooklyn, New York
“You get what you pay for”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We moved to this hotel after staying at the more expensive hotel, Wanderlust, across the street. This hotel is affordable and you get what you pay for -- a tiny, but clean room. Breakfast was average. Overall no complaints. Stay here if your stay is short, if it's longer move to a hotel with larger rooms.

Also Little India, the neighborhood where this hotel is located, has a curfew to sell alcohol because of the riots in December 2013. We had no idea about this until we arrived.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed at room 505. Service was acceptable, initially we were supposed to stay on the 7th but due to unforeseen circumstances we had to change our plans. The staff was kind enough to change the date for us. That was the only positive thing for Moon Hotel.

Our hotel room was very small, windowless and very claustrophobic. Moon's official website had marketed the hotel as a boutique hotel with a classy feel. This was totally not what I expected as compared to the website. The bed was terrible as my pillow sunk in causing me to have a bad neck ache the next day. Our air-conditioning was also not working properly, resulting in the room being stuff. The air-con was cooling at some point but it became stuffy not long after. There was very little channels on the television only sports and free to air channels. The toilet flush system was also not working very well, with us having to flush multiple times to clear the system.

Breakfast was normal, will be nice if there is a toaster to heat up the bread. Service was normal, the staff attended to our request when we realise the television was not working. However it would be good if service is faster.

All in all we were disappointed as the website looks nicely done up but what greeted us was another totally different experience. For the price we paid for Moon, (about $200, deal.com voucher) we don't feel we have gotten our money's worth. We will not recommend staying at this hotel at all.

Stayed on 14th to 15th June 2014. Staycation as a couple

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Manda_Tan

Travellers are raving about these Singapore hotels

Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

I would not recommend staying in this hotel for longer than one night. The rooms are extremely small, there is no room to move or sit and your bags take up the only hall space between the front door and your bed. The vanity basin is in the hallway along with your baggage which makes passage along with your baggage to the bathroom very hard to pass through. Bed mattress is on a plinth only, not even on a base. The room size is 4 mtrs long and only 2.5 mtrs wide which can be quite small to spend any time at all in the room. Television reception and programming is also appauling if you like to watch anything prior to turning in for the night. Choices are soccer or baseball!
There is no natural light and the lighting in the room is appauling. Only a brick wall behind a black curtain. There are steps up to the reception area and the staff did not assist with baggage on arrival.

Both my husband and I found our cruise ship cabin had much more space than the room at this hotel.

The only positive is the service by the staff.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

I was looking for a clean, simple, well located hotel in downtown Singapore and I found it at Moon. The rooms are small, remarkably so- but they are complete, and the minibar (6 free drinks) is a nice touch.

Of note: five free drinks per night at the bar, and all you can drink for 2 hours in the afternoon. For a city where a Singapore sling costed me 20, if your visiting for fun, Moon is an awesome place to stay.

Highly recommended

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Gordy D
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

This place is always a pleasant stay, well located and clean and good value.
I would like to thank the staff for making my stay this weekend really nice even when there was some minor check in tension I found them to be excellent.

My only comment is that the breakfast sausages and scrambled eggs really are not the best, and there's nowhere else to go nearby.

Room Tip: Don't pay for upgraded "executive" rooms as they aren't worth the expense, stick w...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JalanJalan69
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stayed for a night (weekday) with my partner last month. We called the hotel before our arrival and asked if we could check in early and we were permitted; with no extra charge. Location wise, it is in the heart of Little India which made it easy to find many eateries and is also near by the MRT station.

We booked the standard room. We read the reviews on Tripad before booking so we knew about the rooms being small. The room had no windows but it didnt bother us much.The room was clean and neat. TV does not have many channels, but showed BPL though. Toilet was clean too with toiletries being provided but it was a tad too dim for my liking.

Not many people may enjoy staying in a small space, but i grew to like it as it was cozy. The bed was really comfortable and i had a good sleep. Tea, coffee and 2 bottles of water were provided and the drinks in the mini fridge were free too. The WiFi is free and the speed was fast. There is also a locker in the room.

The standard room is best for single or double occupancy only in my opinion. There is no wardrobe in the room but there is a small area where you can hang 1 or 2 clothing. We also asked if we could check out an hour later and we were allowed to do so.

Overall, enjoyed my stay here and would come back again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I reached the hotel 2 hours earlier that the check-in time. I sat that the reception for half an hour and I was allowed to occupy the room earlier at no extra charge. I really liked that. The rooms are pretty tiny and the one that I received didn't have a window, just a curtain to make you feel that you are not contained in a cell. But that didn't bother me as I was on a business trip and I was back only in the evening. The rooms are neat and clean. Complimentary snacks, juice bottles and beer tins are stocked in the refrigerator and restocked every day. You have to call for room service if you want your room cleaned and I feel secure that way. There is also a locker in case you want to keep your valuables.

The hotel is on 23, Dickson Road at Little India and it's the best location for a business trip since it's centrally located. The MRT is just 5 mins walk away and it's about 20 mins from the Airport.

The hotel offers free Wi-Fi internet, complimentary buffet breakfast in the morning and complimentary cocktails in the evening between 5-7pm. The cocktails are definitely a favorite feature as spirits in Singapore are expensive.

Overall, my experience w

Room Tip: I guess the superior rooms have a window, if you want one.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business