I had a pleasant stay at Santa Grand for one night. MRT is just nearby which is extremely helpful. The price is affordable as it is more or less the same price paid to stay in a hostel in Singapore and you get to have one room to yourself.
1. Attentive staffs - I went before the check in time and left my bags at the reception area. I came back late and they brought the bags up to my room.
2. Comfortable bed
Few tiny cons:
1. Shower space is quite small. However, the bathroom is clean.
2. There were a few mosquitoes in the room when I checked it but just open the window and that should solve the problem.
This hotel is recommended to those who are on a budget but still wants to enjoy a good room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the highly dynamic Chinatown precinct, Jinshan Hotel is fully intertwined with the rich history and industriousness of Singapore's early pioneers, this location brings forth the sights, sounds, tastes, smells and customs of the Chinese community. Formerly known as Santa Grand Chinatown, here in Jinshan Hotel not only you will feel the traditional Singapore culture in 1960s, but also you'll feel right at home, the minute you enter our hotel, revelling in our unique Asian hospitality. Blended into the history and culture of Chinatown will be the tourism and sightseeing benefits that make modern day Chinatown a must visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Jinshan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jinshan Hotel Singapore