“Sleeping on door”
Review of Park 22 Hotel

Park 22 Hotel
Ranked #280 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Booked a single room, knew about the tiny room and tiny bathroom. Room gets clean daily, wifi is good... Didn't care about the free breakfast since this is singapore, there's good breakfast out there to try.

Only complain is the bed, it is the same size as the door... Feels like one too.. And also one pillow only

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Robertlong

Reviewed 12 January 2014

I was in charge of selecting the hotel for Singapore and I selected this one. Bad mistake on my part. We requested a room with a window (can't believe that had to be requested). They put us in a white box "room". I couldn't do it and asked for the room with the window and had to pay extra for a so called deluxe room. Then the matter of free breakfast came up. Really it is just a voucher for the LITTLE cafe next door. We finally get to the room and it was a small rectangle with a bathroom that has glass doors. They weren't even really frosted.
They give you whatever they are serving and you get to either drink coffee or tea. Don't touch the stuff on the shelves because those teas will cost you.
I suggest only staying here for a day or two because the small rooms will drive you crazy. Singapore has very expensive hotels and this one fit my budget for the two nights I stayed. Next time I will plan and budget accordingly.

Room Tip: Splurge for the deluxe room with a window.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I travelled solo for four nights. I was almost going to book hostel, but none had private rooms, so I booked the Park22.

The good:
The location was amazing, close to two MRT stations, Chinatown main area is just around the corner, and the hotel itself is on a great street with heaps of cool bars and restaurants.

As I was a solo traveller (and had read the reviews about the small, windowless rooms), I booked the DOUBLE superior room that specified it had a window. (Most of the other rooms do not have a window, hence alot of bad reviews!) The room was fairly small, but as I was on my own it was totally fine! The room was clean, bright, and aircon worked really well (too well sometimes!!)

I also chose the room rate without breakfast, as there are so many awesome cafes aorund that I wanted to go out and eat at these for breakfast! (Apparently the hotel breakfast is not great? So i would rather go out and have a different brekky each day anyway)
The staff at reception were very helpful.
I loved the heritage building, much nicer than a clinical, modern style hotel. Whilst the outside is a pretty shophouse style, the interiors are still clean and modern.

The not so good:
The bathroom was tiny, but I think most are in Singapore hotels, and it did not end up being a problem for me.
Tip: make sure you take anything out of the bathroom that you DONT want to get wet (ie. toilet paper, towels, clothes) because they will get soaked!! The beds are not very comfortable... and i had to go out and buy a warmer jumper to wear to bed because the room got so cold! The cleaning staff are not very professional, not uniformed or anything, which worried me a little.

The street outside is quite noisy, but thats to be expected in such a busy area, and in a heritage building. It didnt really bother me, and I liked it that the hotel was in such a busy, active area!

Room Tip: Book the room that specifies it actually has a window! (but be warned it might get a bit noisy...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank tikitroppo
NgAungSan, General Manager at Park 22 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Guests,

Thank you for all your reviews over the past months.

Through listening to your reviews, we are delighted to learn that you particularly like Park 22 hotel's:

- Excellent location – In the heart of Chinatown with heaps of cool cafes, themed restaurants and famous attractions literally at our doorstep or just around the corner. Some of you who need to visit the Singapore General Hospital or the clinics within its complex tell us you truly appreciate that it is only 10 minutes away by foot.

- Close walking distance to two MRT stations – Outram Park interchange linking both the East-West and the North-East lines and Chinatown station, both connecting you seamlessly with tourist attractions – like Sentosa (1-stop), Orchard Road, Marina bay, Zoo, Night Safari etc. – as well as Business districts of Raffles Place and City Hall.

- Friendly, helpful and supportive staff – you appreciated them for their always-welcoming smile, helping with complimentary printing, local-knowledge directions to various attractions and the many other small ways they make you feel welcome and taken care of everyday.

- Free high-speed in-room cum public area WiFi, complimentary use of internet-terminals and free local calls in the lobby – just some ways we are helping you stay connected and productive.

- "Pretty shop-house style heritage building" with its clean and contemporary interiors. You told us it is "much nicer" than a "clinical modern-style building", devoid of character.

Thank you for your kind reviews. They encourage us and help us be better each day for you.

At the same time, listening to your reviews, we have also learnt that you wish for certain improvements to be made.

We have listened and taken action.

We are delighted to announce we have recently completed a wide-ranging refurbishment of our rooms! The many improvements completed include:
- Re-painting the rooms in refreshing hues of blue
- Installing new carpets & curtains also in soothing hues of blue
- Providing fluffier more comfortable pillows
- Using higher thread-count bed sheets for even more comfort
- Intelligently employing energy-saving LED lights that provide targeted illumination.
- Installing writing tables, with thoughtfully placed power plugs, in more rooms for greater productivity
- Installing bedside light and padded headboards in most rooms for added comfort.

Check out photographs of our Newly Refurbished rooms!

Better still come experience our newly refurbished rooms for yourself! Just Book Directly and securely with us to enjoy our Best Rates, unavailable anywhere else.

We look forward to welcoming you to Park 22 hotel.

Yours sincerely,

Aung San
General Manager, Park 22 hotel

Reviewed 9 January 2014

I've stayed at small rooms before in New York, Hong Kong and other world cities, but this one was the smallest so far. I knew the room was going to be small but not this small. If you are a large person or tall or like to spread out or have a lot of luggage look elsewhere. The pillow had a grain/bean filling to it, which was comfortable except that it leaked and my sheet was covered with stuff. There was a bedside lamp but you couldn't plug it in, because the outlet didn't work with the lamp's plug. The rug was worn out and had some questionable stains. The bathroom was tight with no ventilation. Overall for the price paid it wasn't worth it. For the same price you can get a better room in another part of town.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

I didnt like the room we got- it was extremly small, with poor design, i would call it basic. It was in the attic, somewhere in back corridor... Not a good impression! But staff was very kind- helpful and polite, we could leave bags after check out, use printer. The localization was great- many places to hang out nearby, you can walk to marina bay- round 20 minutes. Metro is very close.

• Stayed: December 2013
NgAungSan, General Manager at Park 22 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Dear Kasienka 1987,

Seasons greetings.

We are glad you found Park 22 hotel's excellent location in the heart of Chinatown highly convenient. There are indeed many cool cafes, themed restaurants and famous attractions literally at our doorstep or around the corner . And yes, Marina Bay, the financial district of Raffles Place are just a casual stroll away - with lots to see and experience along the way.

With Outram park station - only 2 minutes walk away - our guests are effortlessly connected to Sentosa, Orchard road and other must-see attractions around the island.

We are heartened also that you found our Staff to be helpful and polite. I have conveyed your appreciation to them. Complimentary use of our printer and WiFi and Computers in the lobby are just some ways we help our guests stay connected and productive.

We apologize your experience residing in one or our single rooms did not meet your expectations. We do have larger Deluxe rooms or Superior Rooms with windows that do not cause that much more. Simply book directly with us to enjoy our best rates.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Park 22 hotel. I join my staff in wishing you and yours All the Best for 2014.

Ng Aung San
GM, Park 22 hotel

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Just back from Singapore with family members yesterday, stayed for 3 nights in family room with balcony. We was told that the room just done the renovation as well the new carpet, and be the first guest of room 315. Yup, the room & toilet are clean. Don't expect for big spacious, it's just tiny and suit for 4 adults. Would suggest if the hotel to put in a sofa bed, instead of 2 chairs at the so called living area..so that can fit for young children or extra guest (stayed for 5 pax). The cafe just provide a simple daily breakfast for hotel guests, and complimentary for children below age 7 (if u have extra guest), otherwise will charge SGD 5.90 for additional breakfast request. Overall, budget stay for family coz is not easy to get family room (4 pax in a room) in Singapore.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Teoh Y
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Value for money - excellent location and good service.

If I'm not wrong, the family room we stayed in was newly renovated, everything in the room works well for me and my family. We had a great 2 nights stay and will recommend this hotel to my friends if they go to Singapore.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank simplicity_twin

Dear simplicity_twin,

Seasons greetings.

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement. I have conveyed your kind of appreciation to my staff and they are very heartened.

We are delighted you and your family enjoyed a great stay in our newly renovated Family rooms. We also recently renovated all our Superior Rooms - an excellent choice should you, your spouse and/ or friends travel to Singapore in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Singapore. Simply book directly with us to enjoy our best rates.

I join my staff to wish you and yours All the Best for 2014. Safe and fruitful travels always.

Ng Aung San