So I chose this hotel because of a special deal on Agoda - I thought: "hm, interesting a boutique hotel with such a location at a reasonable price..." well I should have thought there would be a catch...
1. Room categories - there are four I believe - I chose the starting level - well for that quality whatever deal you get anywhere (140SGD/night) is a rip off. Maybe higher categories are better but I could question that...
They have both single and double rooms both of which are ridiculously small allowing about 0.5sqm for you to turn around between the bed (surrounded by walls) and the bathroom (which has a constantly dripping pipes which do not let you sleep at night).
2. There are no windows in the rooms which make them even more claustrophobic (beyond their ridiculously small size)
3. The rooms are colored black and dark blue which is possible to hide any lack of proper cleaning by staff which makes them even more depressing
4. Cleanliness is more than questionable and because of the colors you get the feeling it's definitely bad. The rooms smell dampness (the hotel only opened in January!) and apart form aircon there is no other way of ventilation which scares me (what if the aircon is not cleaned properly – what am I breathing? I cannot open a window because there is none…)
5. Talking about aircon – it is directed exactly at your bed and since the room is so small you actually have it blowing onto you from one meter away (because the room is so tiny!), unfortunately you cannot turn it off, because there is no window…
6. Staff can be scarry – the receptionist who greeted me when I arrived late at night actually behaved like if he really only wanted to work at a ghost hotel so guests were not in his plans
Overall a very depressing experience there that I wouldn’t recommend to a jolly tourist wanting to stay at a boutique hotel, no matter what the deal is…
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- China has long been endeared as a precious jewel of the east. Infused with a rich history of refinement, it is a cradle of cultural and intellectual civilization rich as gold and precious as porcelain. Just as porcelain is deemed a treasure, China’s undaunting lead to create a new chapter in the new century weaves a priceless tapestry of fine china.A journey so precious, we invite you to be a part of. Here’s wishing you a treasured stay with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Porcelain Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Porcelain Hotel Singapore