“First class service”

The Porcelain Hotel
Ranked #6 of 81 Singapore B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Upon arrival at the Hotel, the General manager who I have seen before on a few occasions was exceptionally friendly and professional. She upgraded my room and accommodated a request for the quieter side of the Hotel.
This is a small hidden gem of a Hotel in Chinatown, priced incredibly well and rooms are always very clean & staff always friendly.
Don't let the 3 star put you off, it is managed more like a good 4 star. Who really cares about room size in Singapore, you don't spend much time in it anyways.
Wish I had the Managers name but it was written in felt pen and rubbed off the card so I cannot read it.

Room Tip: Ask for the quiet side of the hotel. One side faces the businesses who make lots of noise until the...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 3 May 2013 via mobile

The location is perfect and the hotel looks nice enough. The price is very reasonable especially in Singapore. The rooms are really really small, 2 people cannot get dressed at the same time. It is ok, especially for solo travelers, but I would not go there a second time.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 23 April 2013

A short visit to Singapore, I opted for a package which included flight and hotel stay in China Town where everything was accessible. The hotel location was fantastic with the MRT/bus a short walk away. Shopping and eating options were plenty, be it a few steps from d hotel, People's Park food court, round d corner or a 5 min walk to Maxwell food court where u find good chicken rice stalls. Room was small with a tiny window but had all d convenience. The beds were on bunks, clean and comfortable. Room, walkways and reception area were too dark for my liking. Its more of a hotel for young people in groups or business people. Reception staff as gloomy as d dark interior of d hotel. Taxi stand just outside the hotel was convenient for d trip to the airport.

Room Tip: Look out for promotion where u can for additional SD10 upgrade for a slightlly bigger space room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I stayed in this hotel for three days and 2 nights. The truth of the matter is I have no complaints whatsoever in my stay here in the hotel. It had all the comforts I needed, except for one. It has no restaurant of its own. But i guess, the hotel cannot be faulted actually, but the Tour Operator. My broker in Manila had SG's Star Holiday Mart Pte. Ltd. to make the arrangements for me. A few days before my flight, I was issued a voucher which indicated Airport-Hotel-Airport transfer and breakfast for two for two days. However, upon arrival atbthe hotel, i was informed that the hotel has no resto, hence, no meal is served. I showed the voucher and I was told to inquire with the tour operator. I tried contacting the operator but to no avail. We ended up having our breakfast at McDonald's a few blocks from the hotel on our own account. What happened to the breakfast that I paid for? I don't know. The second blunder that Star Holiday Mart Pte. Ltd. commited was this - the transfer from the hotel to the airport did not arrive. My flight back home was at 10:30 and I was ready as early as 7:30. At 8:30, I called up the operator and the man on the other end said that I have no booking for hotel transfer. I was told to call up after 5 minutes which I did, but when I did, the phone just kept ringing. Fearing to missed my flight, I took a cab and had a mad dash to the airport, on my own account of course. What happened to the transfer that I paid for? Your guess is as good as mine! As of this writing, the tour operator has not yet responded to the complaint that I wrote them!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Booked an Executive Room and stayed for one night at this hotel. Room was quite small but offered everything I needed. I also like the contemporary style. Room featured a wet cell style bathroom. Bed was very comfortable. It would be nice is the TV program selection is a bit poor. Only CNN is worth mentioning. Check-in area and floor ways are bit dark. Black colored to be precise. What is missing is a nice hotel restaurant/bistro. Hotel location is one of the best features of this hotel. Right in Chinatown and a 2 minutes walk to Chinatown MRT station. It's not a hotel for families or honeymooners, but fits the profile for younger guests and business people.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 April 2013

Stayed here for one night enroute to Bali and we were not looking to book anywhere to epxensive. the hotel is in the heart of Chinatown so lots of food options around. The Porcelain branding is well used throughout the hotel. The rooms are small but very functional, clean and my bed was very comfortable. My only real critique for this hotel is that the reception staff could do with a but more presence, the check in was dull and robotic and the staff lacked any sort of enthusiasm or character. Check out was a little better but again, nothing to write home about.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ciaran B
Reviewed 11 April 2013

We arrived a little after midnight and the staff were still friendly and helpful.

The rooms, as mentioned were tiny. But if you do your research and view their website, you would see this in the room photo's.

For us, we were only needing to bed down for the night befor moving onto somewhere else. So we weren't looking for much.

As for the room, I thought it was funky and they tried to use what little space there was available. I felt it was pretty clean, but found a few dirt marks on the bedcover, and what seemed to be a shoe print on a pillow case. Being so late, couldn't be bothered requesting another.

Would I stay there again? Maybe not as a couple as the room was tight for 2. Solo, I think would be fine. But then again, I sort of felt in my opinion that it was a little over priced.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple