“Great stay in Ibis Novena”

ibis Singapore Novena
Ranked #98 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Luxembourg
“Great stay in Ibis Novena”
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Kudos to the hotel staff - each and every single one of them - for having a smile and great attitude! They are super friendly, welcoming and helpful and will do everything to make your stay comfortable. Rooms are clean and taken care of. Internet free of charge.
The hotel is 6 min away from Novena station (not sure why some people wrote 20 min - must have got lost).
Great value for money, a great team taking care of the guests, and definetely a place I would stay again in.

1 Thank paternionerin
GuestServices_GM1, Manager at ibis Singapore Novena, responded to this review, 15 May 2012
Dear Guest

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Ibis Singapore Novena.It is always a pleasure to receive positive and constructive feedback so enable us to improve further.

I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement and a great motivation to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you for sharing your experience and we are grateful for your support and look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to Ibis Singapore Novena.

The Guest Services Team
Report response as inappropriate Thank you. We appreciate your input.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kiwi in London
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Had often stayed at Ibis Hotels around the world, but after a particularly poor experience with one near the Airport at Sydney had vowed not to stay in another. However, my brother and sister-in-law had stayed at the ''Novena'' last year when it was newly opened and had no complaints. It wasn't my ideal location, since I normally stay near to the National Library. However, I booked for 2 nights for a rest between arrival from Vietnam and the long flight to London. I was pleasantly surprised. On arrival late at night, the receptionist was friendly, welcoming and helpful. I suggested I would like to book for an extra night as my flight to London was not leaving until around Midnight on that date and I didn't want to be tiring myself out just walking the streets! The suggestion was I might like to book a ''late'' checkout, rather than paying for another full day's stay. I was delighted to do this. My room was clean and comfortable, a decent buffet breakfast was included and there was a free shuttle bus service every day, hourly, to the nearest MRT station to enable me to get back into central Singapore. I would therefore stay at this hotel again, even though it is not centrally located.

Room Tip: I was on the second floor but, since the hotel is brand-new with latest technology, I doubt whether...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Gerigenie
GuestServices_GM1, Manager at ibis Singapore Novena, responded to this review, 13 May 2012

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Small but of cleaniness. A bit inconvenient in location.
Only spent a couple of hours there because of tight schedule that couldn't comment more.

penang
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Stayed in this excellent hotel for 3 nights.
Firstly, the reception staff were pleasant. My colleague and I took a midnight flight to Spore so ended up checking in at about 1am...but the staff who greeted us was still friendly. We asked for directions for the next morning and he obliged us by checking up the internet straight away.
Second, I think this hotel is value for money. It's not a very expensive hotel by Spore standard so I was expecting average standards but surprisingly found this place to very good. The hotel is new (so new that our taxi driver wasn't sure where it was), very clean, beds were good, hotel is quiet and the breakfast spread was very good (for hotel this category). In terms of room space, all I can say is that in Spore, I've paid more and stayed in tinier room than this hotel. Plus, they provide free wifi!
Third, I think the location of this place is fairly good. It's well connected by bus and novena station is not too far away.
One thing to improve (from a practical point of view) is that the toilet should have more hooks so that you can hang your towels and clothes. The rail underneath the sink is not a great idea as it's just beside the toilet bowl plus it's too narrow to hang the towel.
Besides this small issue, I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Spore!

3 Thank virtualtourist79
GuestServices_GM1, Manager at ibis Singapore Novena, responded to this review, 8 May 2012