“My stay at Fragrance Classic hotel was quite remarkable.”

Fragrance Hotel - Classic
Ranked #210 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
“My stay at Fragrance Classic hotel was quite remarkable.”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I have stayed at other Fragrance Hotels before but my stay at the Fragrance Classic this time was remarkable. Yes it is a low budget hotel with minimum facilities, but what it lacked on amenities, it gave more on service and hospitality. For you future travellers, if ever you meet Fragrance Classic's remarkable staff KRENA and CHARMAINE, give them a big smile because they will definitely give you an even bigger smile back. These two are the perfect example of people who should be working in the hospitality industry! Thank you!

• Stayed July 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

The room is pretty quite small, it's only for sleep and keep our luggages. But I'm impress with one staff there. Her name's "Krena". 'Cause I've an eccident with my finger. I've ask her for the name of beeswax to put on my finger, then she said i no need to buy, just use their. Then she did bandage for me twice a day(morning and night after shower). She was very helpful to me. And other staff they're also helpful i can't remember the guy's name and a woman's name at the front. But I would like to say "Thank you" to staff there especially "Krena".

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Charmaine and Faisal take care well at our arrival and were always present for all our needs even we just stay one day.
Thanks for all attention.
If we come back may be we will return in this hotel.
Christian & David from Paris

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Stayed here for two nights and very surprised with the size of the room. It's tiny. Generally I know hotel rooms in Singapore can be small but the superior room I got from this hotel totally redefines small. The first night I shared the room with a friend of mine, so basically there's wasn't much room to move around with our luggage on the floor. The room is perfect for a one person stay but for 2, it can get squeezy, however the bed fits 2 persons perfectly fine, just the space of the room is small. The bathroom is tiny too. As much as the room's size shocked me, but cleanliness wise is fine. You can forget about watching tv because the reception is poor. Luckily this room has windows (but you can't open it). For those who takes Odyssey bus from KL would find this hotel very convenient because the station is just next door. However, in general there's nothing much on Balestier road. The MRT is far (novena station), you need to take bus number 21 or 131 from opposite direction to get yourself to Novena station otherwise you have to spend about 20 minutes to walk there. Wi fi is not free, I was charged 10SGD for 24 hours usage on one device only. The chicken rice right opposite the hotel is very delicious, worth lining up for. You can go to Shaw plaza, which is about 5-10 minutes walk, nothing much there, but you can get KFC, McDonald and the movies. Not far from the plaza there's a place call American diners, I didn't try it though. The hotel receptionist (Krena) is a very sweet and polite lady. Very helpful too. But the one that works night shift, is not as pleasant as Krena. Overall, I am happy with the cleanliness and Krena's politeness.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 13 June 2013

We booked Fragrance Rose which is nearer to MRT but they moved us to this Classic claimed that some of their rooms undergoing renovation. Classic about 2-3 bus stops away. The room is about the same size but its without windows. during our previous stayed in Rose, we were quite satisfy with it. But this Classic, at the time we opened the rooms door, stuffy smells and room without window.
With the budget price, we feel that is the draw back we had to take. We were wrong.
We can hear everything outside the room. People walking around, the lobby staffs chit chatting and talking on the phone, the night time music playing through out the whole night. We cant really rest. what even worse? the power trip. First night, it took them more than an hour to recover the electricity and second night, two times (around 12am and 6am) and this round had some improvement, they only took about 40mins to recover the electricity.
This is the worse hotel stayed experience we ever had. We checked out the hotel with black eyes due to not enough of sleep and the staffs dont even bother to apologize.

The only good point is the housekeeping lady did her job well. The room is tidy and clean.

Room Tip: water heater will start to lower down the temperature, so make sure you took the shower fast enough.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank BP_backpack
GlobalPremiumHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Fragrance Hotel - Classic, responded to this review, 16 June 2013
I am truly sorry about the experience you had during your stay at the hotel.

I enclosed the below mentioned email correspondence, in response to your feedback, which was also sent directly to the hotel.

'My Duty Manager had already reminded all staff to be mindful of the music and chattering to avoid disturbance to our guests. Regarding the power trip, it was an unexpected occurrence that involved the earth circuit relay and we are in the midst of engaging our electrical contractors to rectify and service the fault. To make up for the inconvenience caused to you, I am offering a 50% refund of your stay. I shall be contacting the online booking agent to get in touch with you soon. Please have my assurance that this is an isolated incident and I hoped you will continue your patronage at Fragrance Hotel.'

Travellers are raving about these Singapore hotels

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed 9 June 2013

For around $45-55 per night I bet you could not ask for more. I was amazed by the tidiness and also the friendliness of the staff here. Of course rooms are not large, but it's okay for the price. However my room, though it has windows, but I really don't enjoyed them much cause the loudness of the traffic on the streets, made me pretty hard to get to sleep.
The hotel has a convenient store downstairs (7Eleven) and is also close to Novena MRT (10-15 minutes of walking) so that's the way you could quickly get to the Central of Singapore and discover more of it.
If you want to save money on accommodation and spend more on shopping or attractions or food, then this hotel is not a bad choice for low-budget visitors at all.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hoangunited
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2013 via mobile

We too had originally booked Fragrance Oasis and were moved here when we arrived.

The front desk staff were very pleasant, particularly Marie, able to assist with any queries that we had.

The rooms are small but I understand this is common in Singapore. They were cleaned daily, had good air conditioning, bed sheets and our room also had a window.

The bathroom too was very small but again- nice and clean.

The location of the hotel is a 15 minute walk to Novena which is on a handy line which links directly with city hall, orchard and marina bay. Very safe feeling neighbourhood. 7-11 next door and restaurants dotted around nearby.

Accomodation is pricey in Singapore, compared with the price of other hotels we thought the room was more than acceptable for the price paid.

Hotels are