“Everything we needed for a quick stay in singapore”
Review of @ Little Red Dot

@ Little Red Dot
Reviewed 23 November 2013

First dormitory experience and not going to lie we were a little hesitant. However, directions given to us were very helpful and we were greeted by a very friendly guy when we arrived. I had previously been in contact via email as I had to get my parents to forward some medication to the hostel that I had forgotten. They were great in communicating via email for me to arrange this whichw as really helpful and a weight off my mind.

There was a area with sofas, tables music tv and computers for everyone to use, as well as a help yourself breakfast deal which was great. Pretty sociable but also if you want to keep yourself to yourself you can. Internet connection was good, bathrooms clean and generally the whole operation just ran really smoothly. We just wanted a place to kip, so provided everything we needed, although the air con in the room was ridiculously chilly. About a ten minute walk between two tube stations so pretty easy to get around the city and get the train to the airport etc.

I would stay again if was in Singapore.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sarah o

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights. Easy to get to from airport and staff friendly especially as our arrival time was so early in the morning! We were upgraded to 'pods' really pleased about this as they offered privacy and a novel sleeping experience! Free breakfast simple but great and so many cheap eats on the doorstop if wanted! Staff very helpful I booking trips and buses away from Singapore, just remember cash only. The swimming pool a 2 minute walk is great too and only 1SGD each, bargain!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank UkRodge1
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I had reservation for 4 nights there after i read several good reviews from other people on tripadvisor and a booking website. First time came, the corridor felt a bit smelly. There was staff (most likely the owner) on second floor. I paid them first the cash for 4 nights and extra 20 sgd as deposit for a key. They asked my passport and took a photo of me which made me feel a bit like criminal, but i decided it was fine because i have nothing to be afraid and maybe for safety reason. They gave me tequila as welcome drink which seems quite nice. So the hostel is ok. I slept on capsule beds which is quite nice because kinda give me some privacy. The stair to capsule beds dormitory is without roof so when it's rainy then you'll get wet. Bathroom wall and floor is quite nice but the rooftop there on bathroom is very unpleasant to be seen. Well you can take the upstair bathroom but the bathroom i mentioned is nearer to the capsule beds dormitory. What i like from this hostel only the capsule beds dormitory which is cold, have power socket, and each own lamp inside. Too bad no individual safe or locker inside, also the capsule dormitory is really dark which make you some extra privacy but also make it harder for me to see my belongings inside. They also provide a bread, jam, and cereal as breakfast. The skinny young man staff or owner always smile which seems look a bit forceful but i'm gonna appreciate it because it's better for someone to try than doesn't care at all. I had a little problem and miss understanding about payment but all seems clear now. Overall it's ok and i'll keep this hostel in mind for future plan as an option if i can't get better place with the same range of price.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank michaelthez
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I like The Little Red Dot because of the staffs are very kind here.When we have any problem ,they'll help us to slove it. IN morning ,they will prepare breakfast,It really sweet.The hostel also have WIFI at both levels .The room and public area are very clean.The loacation of hostel is near to MRT station,it very convenient .Thanks for Michael , Jonathan ,Desmand.You are so kind.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank ChiangCC
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Stayed with 5 other friends and the staff were really cool, polite and helpful. The breakfast they served in the morning was simple but enough to keep us going till lunch. The place is kept really clean and is pretty quiet so you can get a good night's rest at night after a long day about town in Singapore. The distance from the hostel to the MRT is close but under open air so if it's raining, this could be a problem. It rained one day while we were there so we had to wait till it stopped before being able to go out and that wasted us a couple of hours. As an overall, for the price you pay, this place is 100% worth it.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank samanthaoeumin
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Great accomodation for backpackers! Well priced, extremely friendly staff. Bunk room is very cool despite the constant heat outside. Great/reliable wifi on both levels for the hostel, strong enough for solid FaceTime access on the iPhone. Awesome attractions/maps listed inside. Only a few hundred yards from the subway station. Pods are very clean with personal and reading lights, power outlets and retractable screens. The pods are much more personal than the traditional bunk style hostel. Bring your own blanket with you if you get cold easily; I don't but, I was a little too tall for the blanket provided if I had wanted to use it. Washer/Dryer available upon request. Bathroom were very clean, showers were pretty clean also.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank B777fliers
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Very nice staff, which was born in Singapoure. If I had a question, they could helped. I loved the rooftop. Sitting in the sun, drinking Coffe and surfing via WFi - yes!
And there was always good music :-)

Sightseeing is not the Sightseeing you think, it will be. It is a very interesting and really nice Singapoure-Food-Sightseeing - NO DINNER BEFORE !!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo