“Perfect and simple”
Review of @ Little Red Dot

@ Little Red Dot
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

We had just landed at this cute place because we were tired walking and searching a good place to stay.
To our luck and in spite of a sudden check in we were given 2 beds. It's a awesome place for the price you pay. The open terrace is neatly kept and beautifully maintained, our nights would end staring at the beautiful sky. Clean toilets and neat rooms.
We always missed the breakfast as we were late risers
For my first international trip this little place didn't not disappoint me at all

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I was placed in the "co-ed" dorm with was 95% men and when I requested to move to the women's side I was denied. I was uncomfortable so I asked to leave early and I was told I wouldn't receive ANY refund. After about 45 minutes of arguing they finally got a hold of the "owner" who was the ONLY person that could approve refunds and was also located overseas. Overall, the place was dirty and dark, the neighborhood was just OK, the staff was very, very unprofessional and unaccommodating. Overpriced for what you get, there are better options in Singapore for the same or just a few bucks more.

Room Tip: womens dorm NOT co-ed
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank lamadon
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I spent 2 nights in the dorms at Little Red Dot.

The capsules were nice and facilities good. The location is OK and it is just about walking distance to central Singapore but...

The price is fairly expensive compared to most other places in SEA but its Singapore so its what you would expect. For a towel it costs a fair bit more than a days lodging which seemed a lot.

The beds are alright but you only get a small blanket which may be suitable for an infant but for a fully grown human they don't suffice. It might be 30 degrees outside but in the dorms the air con is cranked up which is fine until you try to sleep with little more than a napkin over you.

My problem with Little Red Dot mainly was the staff or at least the staff that I spoke to. They were unfriendly. I was planning on heading up to Malacca so I asked the man at reception if he knew where I could get a bus ticket to Malacca and he replied, in an irritated way "This isn't a travel agency. Why don't you go to a bus stop and ask".

I'm heading to Singapore next week and I will definitely be giving Little Red Dot a miss.

You would probably be better off finding a hostel in Little India which is far closer to the centre of Singapore.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank kailasgurung
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed just one night. Though capsule bed is kinda small but it was comfy. I had the last capsule lower bed at the end. AC was just right, not too cold nor warm. Friendly staff. Clean common bathrooms. Walking distance to mrt. Lotsa food nearby.

Tips: opt for capsules away from door. Hearing ppl getting in and out of dorm in middle of night can be pretty annoying esp if you're a light sleeper.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We went to the little red dot as my friend had stayed there the year before.
on arrival you get a welcome drink of iced tea in a shot but thats where the welcome ends, we didn't really receive a warm welcome. we booked for a 8 mixed dorm to be told that we would be in the capsule dorm with 33 people. A little confused looked at the dorm. Very poor lighting and at the end of the row was a curtain that had another section with a few more capsule beds in with the only A/C unit in. so the only way you can get any cool air is to have the curtain pulled to the side.
We where later told by a girl on that side that its the female only dorm so we need to keep it shut. Glad that we didn't want to be in there as men where changing in there and a curtain is not very private, and as there where no signs to tell anyone. For the rest of the time there we told any guys we could see going that way that it was females only.

We went out the first night and came back to a young lady behind the desk, we asked just about the 8 mixed dorm to see if there was a chance to see it, to be told that they only have female dorms up stairs no mixed and that it was just the capsule room (a little confused as thats what the website says) we also asked about a deal they have if you like 2 of there pages on Facebook you get a discount on day tickets to different things. I asked if one of our group has to like them or all of us, she replied with just one so i did.
The next day when buying the tickets a new guy was there and said that all of the group need to join, so it just seems that there is a lot of mixed information there.
When we where there we heard a few people saying they have bed bug bites but no one of our group had them but a guy showed us his and my friend has had them before so could see what they where. Even thou it says on the door to not bring in food to the dorm there was a guy just by the door that was there the whole time we where there and had so much food in his area! and as the days went on his under sheet came off and he/the staff re put it back on the bed and he continued to eat and sleep on the bare mattress. (thats how you get bed bugs) as the mattress have no cover. We have tried it but wouldn't go back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Charlotte K
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a night as I had a layover in Singapore, prefer hotels but chose a hostel because this city is so freaking expensive!

Nice hostel. Lovely staff. Breakfast is just toast, but it was actually great and all I felt like. A little bit out of the centre of town but on the MRT route (Lavender).

Comfy beds and I loved the capsules idea. But having all 100 (??) capsules in the one room is a terrible idea! There seemed to be a lot of locals staying there, that get up early and are very noisy. A lot of loud snorers too. They had no concept of the fact that talking very loud at 5am is not the done thing...

But hey, that's what you expect from a hostel.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank PilotHlm
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Stayed here for 1 night. It is within walking distance of Lavender Street MRT (10 mins walk), making it easy for us to travel around. Stayed in the all-female dorm with my sister. It was clean and simple. The staff were helpful and we were able to get good prices for tickets to certain Singapore attractions.

Our only complain is that we didn't get a good sleep because the all-female dorm is facing the main road and throughout the night I got woken up by the sounds of vehicles. The blankets also wasn't sufficiently thick and I felt pretty cold throughout the night.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends