“Silk shop in Singapore”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Silk shop in Singapore”
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Extensive range of silks. Reiterate all the positive comments made by others. Just one more to add. They do undertake to post stuff for you to your home country. A huge bonus in these days of restricted baggage allowances!

Visited April 2013
7 Thank mysvar

17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 139 helpful votes
“Best Kept Secret on Arab Street”
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I'm hesitant to even write this review because this store is such a little gem. I was lured in by the adorable beaded and quilted cushion covers. The appropriately friendly sales girl told me there was more in the back, so I went in. No one was pushy at all. They didn't recruit me off the street or anything. I go to Arab Street a lot since I live here, and that is very refreshing.

In the back were all kinds of gorgeous textiles from India. If you're looking for colorful quilts, wall hangings, cushion covers and beaded items, this is your place. They even had King Sized duvet covers with cushion covers for $138SGD. Pretty good deal, but I ended up choosing a gorgeous quilt with elephants on it. Made in Jaipur in a village, it was a steal. Negotiation was easy and I left very happy.

Enjoy!

Visited March 2013
8 Thank DallasFlysolofemme
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“One of the Best !!!”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

The silks are absolutely wonderful here and the staff is always friendly and helpful. She even helped me locate a particular color that I'd bought in a previous trip. She encouraged me to buy the 'right' fabric and to Please make it into something. Silk should be enjoyed, not stuck in a closet. It's kept me going back to her for more !!!!

Visited October 2012
4 Thank CajnQT
Charleston, South Carolina
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Silk Happy In Singapore”
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Visited Mahaco Impex today and totally agree with the other reviewers. So nice not to be accosted on the street and to be given the time to browse around without feeling pressured. If you are looking for frabric for drapes this is the place to shop. You can trust that what you are getting is a very high quality of silk for a very good price. They have been in business for three generations. Best selection!'

Visited February 2013
3 Thank Marilyn C
Fremantle, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“best silk shop in Singapore”
Reviewed 31 December 2012

thank you so much to the very friendly staff at Mahaco Impex! Their silk fabrics are very beautiful and of the highest quality with affordable prices. I was totally overwhelmed by the amazing colours and pattern of the silks and the huge choice. The staff were very friendly and allowed me to pace around the shop admiring the silks for a loooong time! There was so much I would have loved to buy... but due to a small budget I ended up getting some silk chiffon and 3 'fake' pashminas. They also had the most beautiful cashmir scarves - maybe I can afford to buy one next time...

Visited December 2012