“Convenient for families with babies” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fraser Residence Orchard, Singapore

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Singapore
Ranked #113 of 227 Speciality Lodging in Singapore
Jakarta
“Convenient for families with babies”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2013

Spent 10 days at a 2 bedrooms premier at Fraser Residence Orchard. The apartment is very close to orchard and paragon (where we can buy groceries at the supermarket). All of the amenities provided in the apartment were great. Nice furniture and beds. As we are travelling with my 5-mo baby and a nanny, the washing machine was a lifesaver. The kitchen equipped with a huge fridge, microwave, stove, etc. Since there is no restaurant (or room service) in the apartment, the microwave is very useful to reheat foods.
The staffs were friendly. However, we have several minor issues with the service.
We ask for a baby cot days before our arrival by emails. One of the staff confirmed that they would provide a baby cot in our apartment. However, upon arrival there is no baby cot in our apartment. When we ask the front desk, she said she wasn’t aware of this request. I gave her the name of the staff that confirmed my request. She apologizes and told me she will try to find a baby cot for me. The next day the front desk staff told me that there is no baby cot available for me. The front desk informed us that this problem occurs since they have different staffs for reservation.
The housekeeper didn’t change the bed sheets for days (I am sure of this since the exact same stain stayed on the sheet for days). They have this “go green” initiative (optional) but we clearly indicate that we wish the bed sheets and the towels to be changed (e.g. by putting the towels in the bathtub or on the floor to be changed). The housekeeper finally changed the sheets after we informed the front desk 2 times.
We paid a higher price upon check in (compared to the price quoted in the booking confirmation email). I didn’t notice this and paid for the whole stay upon check in but my husband realizes this when we decide to extend our stay (our initial stay is for 7 days). Since we have paid for the whole stay upon check in, my husband asks the front desk to refund the balance. Problem solved by deducting the balance from the price of our additional stay. Again, the front desk informed us that this problem occurs since they have different staffs for reservation.
Despite all of issues above, we still love this apartment and will consider staying here again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank LoveTravel89
FR_Orchard, Manager at Fraser Residence Orchard, Singapore, responded to this review, 4 March 2013
Dear LoveTravel89,

We greatly appreciate your valued comments, as these will further enable us to enhance our service standard.

Our sincerest apologies for the shortfall in our services; which I have personally addressed the issues with the relevant departments concern. Rest assured that we take pride in delivering what we do, and in your recent stay with us, I am truly embarrassed that we had failed to provide you with an impeccable service.

I hope this incident will not stop you from giving us another chance to redeem ourselves of the shortfall. It now leaves me with great pleasure to welcoming you back on your next stay with us.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Gibraltar
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2013

Apartments less than 5 minutes walk from Orchard Road are are spacious, with quality furniture, and impressed with the 3 nice big tvs in my 2 bedroom apartment.

Pool is nothing wow, just okayish but I liked the outdoor jacuzzi beside the pool. Big bonus was that the pool is open 24hrs.

Breakfast is below average with not much selection.

Apartment gets a 5/5 for me but the rest of the facilities are not 5star quality and get a 4/5 in my opinion.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jonathanbosh
FR_Orchard, Manager at Fraser Residence Orchard, Singapore, responded to this review, 13 February 2013
Dear jonathanbosh,

Thank you for your comments and compliments of our serviced residence.

We will certainly be checking and improving on the facilities and breakfast quality to enhance our residents’ experience.

The team at Fraser Residence Orchard joins me in thanking you for sharing your experience and we look forward to another opportunity to welcome you back for an enriching experience.

Best regards,
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2013

My family and I stayed last Christmas season at Fraser Osaka, the number 1 ranked hotel in Tripadvisor for Osaka. We were not disappointed. In fact we were so happy with our choice that we made a decision to always book at a Fraser in all our travels.

We decided to book in Fraser Orchard for 4 nights and in fact we are still here until Tuesday. I just wanted to write my review while it is fresh in my mind.

Fraser Orchard Singapore is no exception to the Fraser experience. The location, the friendly staff, the room amenities, and almost everything else is of high standard to ensure our vacation is most enjoyable. The dinning and kitchen area is great. My sofa to unwind and to watch cable is always looked forward to after shopping forays a few minutes walk to Orchard Road. The supermarket in Paragon made stocking up on some food necessities very convenient. The room was super with a great king bed.

We will definitely stay in Frasers anywhere we go. We have been converted to big fans of Fraser. There's nothing better. No hotel room or suite can compare. There's no better way to travel and to enjoy one's fruits. Oooooh.....the good life.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FR_Orchard, Manager at Fraser Residence Orchard, Singapore, responded to this review, 4 February 2013
Dear benjieguev,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed a very comfortable stay with us.

The team at Fraser Reidence Orchard joins me in thanking you for sharing your experience and we look forward another opportunity to welcome you back for an enriching experience with us.

Best regards,
abu dhabi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2012

We stayed here in July 2012 for a week while in transit and loved it. The location was perfect, steps away from Orchard Road. The two bedroom condo was nicely laid out and had great facilities. My teenagers enjoyed the breakfast each morning, especially making their own fresh juice. We didn't use the pool that much (too many other things to do) but it was fine. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank chucksinabudhabi
FR_Orchard, Manager at Fraser Residence Orchard, Singapore, responded to this review, 20 November 2012
Dear chucksinabudhabi,

We are really happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at Fraser Residence Orchard, Singapore and would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your compliments,

Looking forward to welcoming you back for another delightful stay.

Hanoi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2012

Whenever we went to Singapore, we usually stayed at the Mandarin Orchard, but this time it was a last minute trip and Mandarin Orchard was full, so I took a leap of faith and booked the Fraser Residence. I was surprised that the establishment is very close to Orchard, only about 5 minutes walk though it can be tiring if you're not fit (the hotel is on a hill, but not too steep). They upgraded us from 1 bedroom apartment to 2 bedroom apartments which is great cos' we brought our nanny and a baby along.
The room is spacious. All the equipments are modern and sleek. They have a proper kitchen if you want to cook your own meal. A washing machine I believe. They also have two swimming pools, 1 for small children. A playard which my son loved. I have nothing to complain except that they don't have an in house restaurant so if we want to eat something and we're tired, we still have to trek out to Orchard. It will not be an issue if we didn't have a baby with his own schedule to tag along. Also another thing that we noticed is that the marble floor in the apartment can be slippery for small children.
I'd like to mention that my son was also bitten overnight by some insect close to his eye, so it was swollen for a few days. I don't know if he got bitten at the zoo earlier that day and only swelled up during the night, or something in the mattress or the pillow we brought for him from home. We didn't see or felt any insect in the apartment so this might be something we brought from outside.
I would give this establishment a 5 star if not because of the lack of restaurant. But for those of you who are not concerned about this then this is a perfect place with very reasonable price compared to other hotels of the same standard in this area.

Room Tip: If possible, ask for a higher up apartment. We were on the 3rd floor, right on top of the swimming p...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank duongthuylinh
FR_Orchard, Manager at Fraser Residence Orchard, Singapore, responded to this review, 14 November 2012
Dear duongthuylinh,

It is certainly a great pleasure to have you and your family with us during your stay here in Singapore.

We truly appreciate it when our guests take time out of their busy schedule to provide us with their open and honest feedback on both our facilities and services, and we are able to objectively review the facilities and services we provide to ensure that they meet our guests' expectations.

We look forward to assist you should our assistance be required at any time.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2011

We stayed here in 2011 for an extended period of time. The apartments are great and fitted with everything you need. Each of the rooms has a TV with cable, and there is WIFI as well. The beds and soft furnishings are excellent. Housekeeping is excellent and flexible. The front desk is operated by real professionals who really go out of their way to help guests. There is a nice pool and a playground for children. The manager of the property is real hands on, and you see her interacting with guests all the time, helping out during the morning breakfast and generally very available to address issues.

I have been a long supporter of Fraser and believe they really know how to stay competitive in this extended stay market which is generally dominated by companies from Singapore. I would recommend this place to families, especially those with little children.

Room Tip: Try and get a room facing the pool which may be quieter than the front road facing rooms.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank Sakhalin
FR_Orchard, Manager at Fraser Residence Orchard, Singapore, responded to this review, 16 January 2012
Dear Sakhalin,

The pleasure is certainly ours to have you stayed with us during your stay in Singapore.

We thank you sincerely for your magnanimous compliments. Your words of encouragement will certainly help to further strengthend the motivation of our team.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you again soon.