“Fun, friendly, convenient location”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hostel Amigos

Hostel Amigos
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Singapore
Hostel Amigos
Ranked #121 of 223 Speciality Lodging in Singapore
Malang, Indonesia
“Fun, friendly, convenient location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2011

I always want to write a review of the amigos after staying in Jan 2011 however it wasn't available at Tripadvisor at that time. I really like the location although it is a little out of the city but it is only literally 5 minute walk to Lavander MRT (which is the same line as to the Changi airport). The room and the shared bathroom is quite clean, my private room is okay and has a window. The staff are super fun and friendly. The free internet is fast, the breakfast is adequate, you can also use washing machine and iron facility for free. And the best of it, without being asked they gave me big discount since it was only one person (me!) for the double room that I booked. The staff wrote me an email (after I checked out) that said they have a wonderful time while I was there and wish that I will stay there again next time I am in Singapore. Well of course lah I will stay here again. Please note there is no lift and the entrance is easily to be missed, you have to ring the bell near the door and the receptionist will go down and open the gate for you (after check-in they give you the gate key so you can let yourself in).

Room Tip: ask for the 2nd floor so you don't have to climb an extra flight of stair (they don't have a...
  • Stayed January 2011, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2011

We stayed at Hostel Amigos for four nights in an 8-bed dorm for S$22 per person per night. The dorm room had large lockers, good mattresses and it was a very large, clean room. It was a "deluxe" dorm so I'm not sure what the normal one is like. Bathroom facilities were shared, provided hot water and were kept clean. One free PC with internet is provided which we could generally use when we needed to, and a small common area with TV is available (this is actually too small but that's a minor point). A simple breakfast of toast is provided (self-service) and included in the price.

The staff were excellent in this hostel and are a reason alone to stay there. Friendly, helpful and very welcoming.

The location is not VERY central, but we still found it pretty good. Lavender Street MRT station is close and there is an excellent hawker centre (Lavender Road Food Square) just ten minutes walk away providing a lot of variety of cheap food. Long-distance buses to Malaysia leave from just over the road from the hostel.

Overall, a good, friendly and clean hostel and we would definitely stay there again if returning to Singapore.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple