“Convenient, but....”

5footway.inn Project Chinatown 1
Reviewed 13 December 2013

5footway.inn is extremely convenient located just 5min walk from the MRT. The hostel is centrally situated at the busy Chinatown too! If you are looking for conveniences, just go ahead to book on this premise. If you are looking for more privacy and less busy holiday, please look for somewhere else! There are a few hostels near Clark Quay which are hidden within the busy Singapore! Otherwise, just spend a few extra penny for a 3-star hotel, at least you are guaranteed with an ensuite BATHROOM and a BIGGER ROOM when stay in a hotel instead of a hostel. Listen up guys... your girlfriend will appreciate it!

Room Tip: Ask before hand the bed configuration to avoid disappointment!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Frankie H

Reviewed 9 December 2013

It was the first time we travelled independently with our group of friends, so we had to budget carefully and didn’t want to splurge too much on accommodation. Given the limited area of the Red Dot, lodgings do not come at a low price as in its neighboring countries, thus a three-night stay at 5footway inn (as suggested by a friend of mine who had been here before in January 2012) seems to be the best option for us all. Actually, we didn’t expect much from the inn but somewhere to store our luggage, take a shower, and finally lay our head on bed after a shattering day roaming the streets of Singapore. However, 5footway exceeds our expectations for some reasons.

As for location, 5footway is at an advantage because it is literally only steps away from the main exit of Chinatown MRT station. You’ll be able to spot it right away from afar the moment you climb up the MRT escalator. Setting amidst the hustle and bustle of Chinatown also adds some characteristics to 5footwayinn. Souvenir shops full of tourists can be seen lining up one after another. Chinatown is such an ideal place for people who are in a rush to grab some last-minute gifts for friends back home, have some “late” dinners with friends as night descends, or buy some Bakkwa at Bee Cheng Hiang, whose seller (one large- built Indian man) caught my attention with his “chanting” (he seemed to introduce his ranges of products, yet spoke in such a super fast way that I didn’t really get it until he showed me the price list on a leaflet). You can also experience the peaceful and quiet Chinatown when all activities come to a halt in the morning if you wake up early enough and stroll along this alley.

Regarding service, the staff especially the manager (or so I think, named Monet) is very nice and accomodating. After the check-in procedure, he showed us our room (#13) and offered to carry our 4 suitcases upstairs, which was a real relief since we were totally exhausted lugging our baggage stations after stations from Changi Airport. Upon our departure, it was also him who helped me color print our e-airline tickets after I failed to ask another girl to do it for me the night before. So if anyone has any problem, don’t hesitate to ask for his help, for he’s a real “trouble-shooter”.

In terms of amenities, I can say that our beds are clean and neat. What I like best is the Internet is super fast and you can do the surfing in your own room, not to mention the 2 iMac installed in the communal room.

I would recommend this hostel to anyone who’s travelling to Singapore with groups of friends cuz this hostel gives you a friendly atmosphere at a reasonable price.

And guess what? We are coming again this January 20, 2014!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Near the MRT station, come of of the Pagoda street exit then you can see the black and white of their shop sign.
Who sleep on the upside bed is easy to knock their head especially to who are tall.
But we four people inside a room only get one locker to use.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 7 December 2013

This hostel is perfectly located in the heart of Chinatown and very close to the metro station. The staff is nice and nothing to say about the cleanness of the rooms/showers.

The rooms are however very noisy and the free breakfast very limited (it only consists of toast/jam and coffee, they could add at least some juices/fruits and a few other basic things).

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 December 2013

The staffs are very good human relations. They are good service.I stayed in 6-bed dorm,room and toilet are so clean. It's good location and comfortable for transportation. It's near MRT station and Chinatown.It's a nice hostel and a good price.It's high quality,if compare the price.If I have plan to travel Singapore again,This hostel will be the first choice in my heart.I like your hostel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 December 2013

To be honest, when I booked 5footway I don't expect to much for the room and the staffs. But when I stayed at there I can't help to fall in love with this hotel. First the staff is very helpful and the room is so clean and the mattress is so soft and don't forget about the location, it is very good location very near mrt and in the middle of market at chinatown. I have one experience, my friend left her belonging at the hotel while we already checkout. She remembered it on the way to the airport. Then she rushed back to the 5footway to get her belonging and guess what, the nice cleaning service found it and kept it to the receptionist. We really appreciate for the honesty of the staff at 5footway. For additional we already booked this hotel again for our next trip on 6-8 june 2014 at singapore... See u soon

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I stayed in a 6-bed female dorm with my sister and this is the 1st time we having our stay in a budget/backpackers hostel in Singapore. The location is superb because there is just few steps to reach the MRT stations! The environment is quite nice with some art paintings hanging at the wall and the front desk service is good, they also provide printing service (about 20 cents) so I can print my Universal Studio tickets without searching for printing service anywhere. They also provide breakfast, even it is almost the same meal everyday but it was okay. I hope there is place for backpackers to hang up our towels for dry. Overall is good! In addition, for native Chinese speaker who doesn't fluent in English, do not need to worry because the staffs can communicate in Mandarin.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family