“There is only one place that I'll choose to stay at Singapore, only in 5Footway inn chinatown.”

5footway.inn Project Chinatown 1
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

When I start to searching of the best place to stay in singapore, I've found the strategic place to stay, there is hotel 5footway inn at chinatown. Its so close from MRT station and a lot of handicrafts market. When i was stay at this hotel I like the fast connection of wi-fi. I also like all of the painting at the coridor of hotel. And maybe someday I'll stay at 5footway inn chinatown again.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank harrismaulana

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Cebu City, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Location - great location! just few meters from the train station. It is so accessible. And right in the heart of Chinatown! ^_^ i loved it since upon going out of the inn, you can right away see all those great bargains that they are selling. there are lots of them here! this is where we bought our pasalubongs. Rooms - we took the room that is good for 4. A standard clean and decent room with shared bathroom. Good enough for backpackers. Rooms come with free breakfast that are served in their mini kitchen. You'll be the one to prepare your own breakfast which makes you feel so at home. there are lots of choices. From fresh milks, coffee, cereals, fresh bread, toasted bread,jam, peanut butter, etc. no limit. Staffs - gives quality service! all are nice and friendly, can communicate well in English and attentive to your needs. They are also so considerate. We arrived at 5foot way inn around 5 in the morning. Check in time is still at 2 in the afternoon but since no one was using our room, they had let us checked in early. Check out time is 12pm. But since our flight is still in the evening, they had let us leave all our things in their inn and placed it in a safe location with padlocks as we stroll around the city some more. I mean considering that we're already checked out, they still care for us and our things with no additional cost! that is so nice of them! they even still let us use their toilets and outlet for charging our phones and again with no additional cost. ^_^

• Stayed June 2013
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Excellent location in Chinatown. We booked a private room for two, the room was quite small but enough when you don't want to spend your holiday in a hotel room. Shared bathrooms were good and clean and there was never a queue. Great value for money!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

Location is perfect,very convenient in every aspect; to come with a heavy luggage,to move around, to dine,luggage storage after check-out. All staffs are helpful and friendly, ready to help especially the girls. Only 2 negative points are some roommates, first night I had short sleep,a family with 4 members are not friendly at all and father snored, big son farted during sleep,the second night it was a hell,one man snored sensurround so loud all night like as factory,3rd night was more peaceful with little noise.I recommend to ask about snoring.Breakfast is OK, coffee and toast but fruits were finished by big group from Herberlite. So negatives are from guests,SO pls mind of others during stay in hostel.

Room Tip: beware of roommate
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Jakata
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

I am Yung INDrajaya and I am enjoying to stay here. 5 Footway is a safe & clean place. The staff here was extremely helpful.
I stay at 6-bed mixed dorm and met lots of friends, supervising there are all from different countries .
24hours reception . Breakfast from 6:30am to 10am serve at 2 place, one is Level 1 , one is
at Level 2 outdoor terrace . But sometimes when I wake up late at 10:30, they still can offer me some coffee & bread .
Shower room & toilet a bit crowed at night , because there are some toilets & shower under renovation . Then next time I can use the new facilities.
There are lots of temples and shops around.
I will suggest my daughter come to book with 5footway.inn Project Chinatown and stay .

Thanks to all the staff ( Kalista, Vivian , Ahmad, Zarrikh, Faiz , Monet ), if I come back to Singapore , will come to visit all you again.

Room Tip: Lower Bed 6-bed dorm better
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Hangzhou, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

My friend and I had just stayed for one night. I booked this hostel on booking,at first I thought that it's just clean and simple, but when we checked in , the hostel surprised me ! The staff was very nice,and friendly!It has a homely feel.Besides,the hostel provided transverter for battery charging,it was so sweet!As far as i am concerned, the bed was big enough for us,and we had a good dream at that night.what' more, the breakfast was various,such as fruits,bread,milk,coffee,oat etc.There are bread toasters and microwave on the table.All above,I will recommend this hostel to my other friends.^^.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Paris, France
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

- The 5footway.inn has a few good and bad things

Good:
1) Location; proximity to metro and to the CBD area; in the heart of Chinatown
2) 24hours reception - any time come and go!

Bad:
1) Room size - it is like living in a hole. Specially if you end up being unlucky and getting the upper bed on the duck bed.
2) No social gatherings (From my experiences of backpacking and hostels in Europe, it's much more fun. The hostel organizes events, and people get out together for sightseeing etc. People talk to one another). I didn't see any of that in this place
3) Breakfast - only in the name of it. Jus a machine a coffee and some cereal. I am aware it is a hostel and I know it is not supposed to be lavish, but it could potentially be a basic one - some toasts, some orange juice, an omelette?
4) Maintenance time - When I was there, they were in the middle of painting some walls and doors, and there was no sign that said "Wet Paint". Twice I ended up messing my hands due to the same. And there was this pungent smell of paint everywhere! Quite suffocating.

Room Tip: - Choose the lower bed in the dormitory.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank vijjih
5Footway_Manager2, Manager at 5footway.inn Project Chinatown 1, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Vijjih ,

Thank you for taking time to write a review for 5footway.inn Project Chinatown 1.

We are really sorry about your disappointment, please allow us to take this opportunity to explain the situation to manage your expectation as well as all the other future potential guest of 5footway.inn.

We may have our limitation in terms of size due to the economic conditions and land value in Singapore especially for the prime location we command. For the bed allocation, it is subjected to availability, but we will appreciate if guests will drop us an email regarding their enquires before arrival so as to try our best to accede their requests.

We provide fresh fruit, toast, milk, and cereal for the breakfast. Aside from that, there is also a 24 hours free flow coffee machine. In order to maintain the freshness of items, all the items are topped up regularly instead of putting all from early morning. We do encourage our guests to avoid rush hours during breakfast.

We do organize activities, just like we had a very wonderful Hiking Session at Macritchie Reservoir with our in-house guests on 20th April. Also we organized an Futsal Game at 2nd May. Event information and timeline will be announced on our Official Facebook, and we are very keen to interact and gather with our guests by organizing so.

We implemented an idea called “Small Space Big Idea" for all the projects to ensure our hostels are in a tip top condition. To do so, there are some renovation works going on during this period. We did put up signage to remind our guests of ongoing maintenance works but I believe that we had missed out some areas.

We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience you may have experienced during your stay with us, and we hope that you will honour us the opportunity of hosting you and your friends again in the near future - to witness and experience the improvements we are confident of making, because of valuable feedback by valuable guests like yourself.