My wife and I stayed here one night before moving into our new condo next door. I'm sure if you stay here you'll be able to guess which condo it is. Our thought was we should check it out to decide whether we should guests who visit us in Singapore there.
- Clean rooms
- Near hospital (this place gets a lot of medical tourists)
- On top of Novena MRT (this can go either way - personally I'd stay closer to city if I was visiting as a tourist)
- Nice pool. Not to crowded. There are usually chairs available. (I see it everyday from my condo)
- Service: Singapore is not the most customer driven place to begin with... but this place took it to a whole new level. The vibe I got was nobody was in charge or knew what to do. Kinda lame.
- Fire alarm: This place has a problem with its fire alarm system - ie. it goes off often. I stayed here 1-night in December. The alarm went off at 3am. I asked an employee about it. He rolled his eyes and said "after heavy rain, the alarms get shorted". I interpret this as poor electrical work, dripping water and moisture triggers the alarms. In Singapore it rains a lot.
- Everything is OK Alarm: I believe Homer invented this on an episode of the Simpsons. Basically its an alarm that goes off to tell you everything is OK. The Oasia thought this was a good idea. After the 3am alarm finally gets turned off, just as you're about to fall asleep, the "everything is OK alarm" goes off. It is just as loud as the fire alarm. Brilliant!
So I've been living next to this hotel for 2-months now and they haven't fixed the alarms yet. I hear the fire alarm get triggered about twice a week - often late at night. The Oasia still annoys me on a bi-weekly basis with their stupid fire alarms. I can only imagine how the guest who stay there feel. Especially the poor couple who got married there last night. Keep up the good work guys ;-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the charming enclave of the Novena district, Oasia Hotel Novena, Singapore is a premier business hotel that offers distinctively elegant accommodations in its 428 guestrooms. Perfect for unwinding or having high-powered business meetings, Oasia's award-winning Club Lounge - The Living Room and its private pool provide Club guests with absolute exclusivity. There is direct basement access to the Novena MRT Station which allows convenient travel to Orchard Road and the Central Business District. Each of the hotel's guestrooms is contemporary furnished with sleek, Asian-inspired designer fittings. Guests at Oasia Hotel Novena also enjoy complimentary WiFi, coffee/tea making facilities and a rain shower in the bathroom with invigorating bath amenities. Facilities include a 24-hour fitness centre, pool and The Marmalade Pantry - a restaurant that is popular for its modern bistro cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Agoda, Southall Travel, Hotels.com and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Oasia Hotel Novena, Singapore by Far East Hospitality reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oasia Hotel Novena, Singapore By Far East Hospitality