“A pleasant surprise!”

Oasia Hotel Novena, Singapore by Far East Hospitality
Ranked #44 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 19 February 2012

We have been in Singapore several times before and stayed in most 5 and 4 star hotels. When our daughter booked us in to this hotel we did not know what to expect. The first encounter with the guest rooms was lukewarm because we were used to staying in bigger rooms before. But we found that the extraordinary artistic design made all the difference. The size of the rooms did not matter. Every little thing was well conceived at every space, rooms-lounge-reception-restaurants-gym et al. The height was very cleverly used to give a sense of space. The food both in the restaurants and in the room service was good. The use of stone cuts, granite, the wood-cut sculptures in every room was unique. The staff were very courteous and welcoming.
Sara and Aly Zaker & family. Dhaka , Bangladesh

Room Tip: The club rooms with a dedicated lounge for breakfast and happy hour in the evening are the best chic...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Aly Z

Reviewed 19 February 2012

The hotel is very new so the rooms still have a new feel to them and are really modern and pretty spacious with a nice comfortable bed. Enjoyed a corner room on the 10th floor that had a great view. Good sized LED tv and roofpool on 8th floor. Very conveniently situated across a shopping mall with in the basement of this mall the MRT station Novena which can take you across the whole city. Since the hotel is pretty big i did miss the personal touch, actually there was only interaction with staff during checking in and checking out.

- have read some reviews about the fire alarm that went off... unfortunately we also experienced this one late afternoon.
- no free WIFI ?? u kidding me? this is 2012!!! specially for the room prices this should be free

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2012

We were told this was a fairly new hotel in Singapore. However, the carpeting in the restaurant looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a very long time, not very appetizing. Taxi drivers were unfamiliar with the hotel, it was a challenge returning to hotel. Be sure to take a card from reception with the address. Rooms were not cleaned until late afternoon. Breakfast was terrible, the only good part was my latte. I was very disappointed in our choice of hotel, next time we visit Singapore I will do my research.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2012

stayed for about a week at this hotel .Location is fantastic as its right next to novena mrt..location wise novena is great as its just a stop away from orchard.
the hotel is almost new so its got good smell all around..the rooms are very comfortable and very nice size..service is great,,,amenities are good...its a very good business hotel...not a luxury hotel with lavish style mind you...
the best part..always check the upgrade to their Club room..they charge a moderate amount but the service they bundle is outstanding ...includes free minibar in room, exclusive access to their lounge with private pool...exclusive breakfast...etc.
i mean its really worth to just upgrade if possible.

will definitely stay back here,,,

Room Tip: always check the upgrade to Club Room
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 February 2012

I stayed at this hotel with 5 colleagues for a week in January on business. It was a very new hotel, everything looked clean and fresh and contemporary. The rooms were of reasonable sizes and a spacious bathroom with all the amenities you may need. It is perfectly located right next to a shopping mall with the MRT station underneath. Across from the shopping mall, there was a street full of good restaurants (as recommended by local colleagues) of different cuisines. The breakfast buffet was OK but with very limited choices and all the hot dishes were not hot, just warm. Because of the tour groups and the businessmen staying in this hotel, it was always packed with people and the restaurant was so small that you couldn’t find a seat even at 7am.

When we checked in at the hotel, we were caught into some problems with our booking (won't go into details), the ladies at the reception desk didn’t want to help and didn’t really care, so we have to gone thru lots of trouble to get things fixed. Not just the reception desk, the staff at the restaurant were also very inexperienced, one of the staff at the waffle machine was trying to make waffles for half an hour but still didn’t get it right. I have also tried to call for wait-up call for 4 nights and EVERY NIGHT I had to call 5 – 10 times in 2 – 3 hours in order for someone to answer my call, I have tried to call the concierge, the front desk, and the bell counter, but NO ONE ever answered my call; the same thing happened to my colleagues too. All in all, you can tell that the staff at this hotel were not too experienced and professional and not even willing to help; definitely need more training !

Room Tip: Ask for a corner on higher floor facing the pool
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank cckc123
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I've stayed five nights at Oasia. The location of the hotel was very good, just upon the Novena subway station, 10 minutes to Orchard Road. The immediate area is very safe. I've stayed in a superior room. Designed with very modern objects the room was spacious enough for Singapore conditions. The room has a wide screen tv with over 30 satellite channels and an ipod dock system. The hotel and the room was very clean. The pool and sports facilities were good. The personnel was very helpful and kind. The only problem with the hotel was the noises from the corridor. (the voices of people and noises of shutting doors comes inside the room very much)
Overall I liked the room design, cleanliness, location and personnel behaviours of the hotel and may stay here on my next Singapore visit.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank ErtanSur
Reviewed 13 February 2012

My wife and I stayed here one night before moving into our new condo next door. I'm sure if you stay here you'll be able to guess which condo it is. Our thought was we should check it out to decide whether we should guests who visit us in Singapore there.

Good:
- Clean rooms
- Near hospital (this place gets a lot of medical tourists)
- On top of Novena MRT (this can go either way - personally I'd stay closer to city if I was visiting as a tourist)
- Nice pool. Not to crowded. There are usually chairs available. (I see it everyday from my condo)

Bad:
- Service: Singapore is not the most customer driven place to begin with... but this place took it to a whole new level. The vibe I got was nobody was in charge or knew what to do. Kinda lame.

- Fire alarm: This place has a problem with its fire alarm system - ie. it goes off often. I stayed here 1-night in December. The alarm went off at 3am. I asked an employee about it. He rolled his eyes and said "after heavy rain, the alarms get shorted". I interpret this as poor electrical work, dripping water and moisture triggers the alarms. In Singapore it rains a lot.

- Everything is OK Alarm: I believe Homer invented this on an episode of the Simpsons. Basically its an alarm that goes off to tell you everything is OK. The Oasia thought this was a good idea. After the 3am alarm finally gets turned off, just as you're about to fall asleep, the "everything is OK alarm" goes off. It is just as loud as the fire alarm. Brilliant!

UPDATE

So I've been living next to this hotel for 2-months now and they haven't fixed the alarms yet. I hear the fire alarm get triggered about twice a week - often late at night. The Oasia still annoys me on a bi-weekly basis with their stupid fire alarms. I can only imagine how the guest who stay there feel. Especially the poor couple who got married there last night. Keep up the good work guys ;-)

Room Tip: Ask for a reservoir or North facing room. Otherwise you'll be facing a giant condo. More specifi...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family