“One word, Awesome.”

Ranked #41 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Perth, Australia
“One word, Awesome.”
Reviewed 3 July 2012

We booked a club room after reading reviews and looking around the website. We arrived 6am because of an early flight and was allowed to check in straight away, which was a BOON as we were really out of it after a long flight. Huge thanks to Randy for taking care of us.

The Living Room is awesome! Staff are always attentive, coffee and tea selection is great. Cocktails and canapes was new everyday. Breakfast pancake, yum! Pool and spa was nice and private.

Room wasn't huge but it's design was fully functional with nice touches of wood. Bath items by Thann smelt great. Bed was nice and soft with pillow options.

Highly recommended, we will definitely return again if we find ourselves in Singapore!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank KelvinTKL
, General Manager at Oasia Hotel Novena, Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, 9 July 2012
Dear KelvinTKL,

Thank you for your review and we are indeed delighted that our hotel was able to exceed your expectations in all areas.

We certainly look forward to having another opportunity to be of service to you again at Oasia Hotel.

Richard Lee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (706)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
mumbai
Reviewed 3 July 2012

We stayed at Hotel Oasia during first week of May-12.
This is a pretty new hotel in Singapore. We stayed here as part of the group tour.
We had our own transport available. So didnt check about the nearby availability of public transport. But saw sign-boards of public transport nearby.
The reception was nice and fresh looking.
The rooms are also nicely done, very clean and looked newish.
The room was little small compared to other hotels in south-east. But since it was pleasurable, the stay became good.
We had a small balcony attached to the room. There was a sofa and few chairs in the balcony. So we enjoyed sitting there and getting the good view of surrounding.
The hotel has swimming pool, we got the view from the room/balcony. Due to our busy schedule, we could not use it. But it looked good.
The breakfast was typical continental as well as some indian dishes.
I guess since we were with well know Indian travel company, there was a separate spread of breakfast for us.
One morning, by mistake, we went to another dining hall for breakfast, but they accomodated us. The spread was pretty different there. But since we enjoy the continental dishes, we liked the breakfast there more than the indian spread.
The bed was of good qaulity, however little small for a couple with small child.
The toiletteries were good with ample towels.
Overall,the stay was of good quality and memorable.

Dear CAS_24,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us at Oasia Hotel.

We are delighted to know that you had an enjoyable stay and it was indeed a pleasure to have been of service to you.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Hong Kong
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Oasia Singapore is a great hotel...and I have stayed there already several times last year (nearly every month for work).

Free usage of water
Free usage of electricity
Free usage of gym
Free daily cleaning service of room
Free daily refreshing of towels
Free service of elevator

But you have to pay for WiFi internet (EUR 10 per day!)....

Paying for internet service is so old fashioned and not 21st Century! Internet usage should be a free service, just like using water and electricity...Not something you have to pay for!

Please change your policy!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank HongKongDennis
Dear HongKongDennis,

Thank you for your frequent stays at Oasia Hotel.

We have taken note of your feedback and seek your understanding in the interim while we review our broadband policy accordingly.

We do hope to have another opportunity to be of service to you again soon.

Reviewed 29 June 2012

It's my 3rd time staying on Oasia Hotel. I liked this hotel in the first place because of great location, just across from MRT station inside mall. The lobby and room are well designed. Breakfast is quite good, but the traffic in the morning is crazy! They have very small breakfast room, and sometimes we need to queuing for quite a while.

For services, i think this hotel need lots of work to do. Receptionist and concierge is not well trained, unlike other 4 or 5 star hotel I stayed in Singapore. I stayed for 2 night, and they give me disable room without any notice. Bed and desk are lower than their standard room we stayed before, and it is very inconvenient for us. The toilet bowl also has some leaked when I flushed. I was trying to call for room changing, but they said the room is fully booked!

I hope they have some improvement on services and maintenance in the future.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get disable room
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Culinaryholic
Dear Culinaryholic,

Thank you for your recent stay.

We apologize that your overall experience did not meet your expectations especially on the room allocation. Please be assured that we will review our procedures to ensure that there is no inconvenience caused for our guests and that they have an enjoyable stay with us.
We do hope to have another opportunity to be of service to you again in the not too distant future.

Cebu Island, Philippines
Reviewed 25 June 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights last May. The taxi driver initially didn't know exactly where it was but when I mentioned Novena Square, he had no problems locating it. The hotel is still relatively new which might explain why some taxi drivers are not familiar with it yet. We arrived early evening and the lobby was welcoming. The first thing I noticed was the overpowering air freshener on the lobby. Some people might like the scent but I found it too strong.

The room was new, very clean and adequate. It is still on the small side which is normal for hotels in Singapore. Albeit small, it has a table, a mini-ref, and a small seating area near the window. The bathroom had a rain shower which my toddler enjoyed and I loved the Thann toiletries which were replenished daily.

This hotel is located beside Novena Square and we found the location to be very convenient. The mall beside the hotel had several food outlets, a grocery and an MRT station. What more can you ask for? Going to other parts of the city wasn't a problem and the hotel was just 2 stops away from Orchard.

The hotel has 2 pools but we weren't able to use it. One pool is for the exclusive use of Club room guests. I made a mental note to bring a swimsuit next time as the pool looked inviting. I thought this was a perfect hotel until its main flaw surfaced early the next morning. I woke up to the sound of footsteps. I thought somebody was walking inside our room. When I opened my eyes, nobody was there. I was about to freak out as I didn't know where the sound was coming from. At one point, I thought the room was haunted! Logic prevailed and I realized that the footsteps came from another room. I remembered that I read a review here complaining about the same thing but I didn't realize it was that bad. Thankfully, it happened once only. The soundproofing between the rooms was not really great but we weren't disturbed again throughout the remainder of our 4-day stay. I think the management are very much aware of the problem since they programmed a maximum volume on the TV so as not to disturb the other guests in the other rooms.

All in all, I was quite happy with this hotel. The room rates are more reasonable than the hotels along Orchard and the location is very convenient. Would I stay again? Definitely. The disadvantages outweigh the advantages for me. I wouldn't recommend light sleepers to stay here though.

1 Thank K_travel_freak
, General Manager at Oasia Hotel Novena, Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, 30 June 2012
Dear K_travel_freak,

Thank you for your review.

We are happy to know that your overall stay was a pleasant one and indeed it was a pleasure to have been of service.

We are implementing measures to minimize our issues concerning the sound proofing and ensure that our guests have a more comfortable experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed 25 June 2012

This is a new hotel in Singapore and the rooms are pretty good with great amenities. My husband and I got a corner room which was really well-laid out with windows all around. If you have a choice definitely pick a corner room. The staff was great and super helpful and the breakfast spread was pretty good...especially the omelette station. The hotel is conveniently located right next to the Novena MRT, which is 2 stops away from Orchard Street. I would definitely stay there again.

1 Thank Karuna A
Dear Karuna A,

Thank you for your positive review and we are indeed delighted to know that you had an exceptional experience during your stay with us.

We look forward to having another opportunity to be of service to you again soon.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Mixed feelings about this quite new high-rise hotel. Location is great, a little out of town at Novena, right near the MRT and a good mall for local shopping and eating. Staff are great, helpful and thoughtful. Stayed in a Club Room, which gives access to snacks and free drinks in the evening and a lovely pool. All good so far. But the rooms are very small - OK, it is Singapore - and the layout with the bathroom open to the bedroom is irritating postmodernism. There is something weird about the air-conditioning, you can adjust it yourself but it functions by blowing cold and then doing nothing, instead of maintaining a steady temperature. I was hot and cold all night. The breakfast was OK but sometimes a bit chaotic, not much variation. Otherwise didn't eat in the hotel because there are plenty of places right outside in the mall. Price good compared to mainstream hotels, so on balance to be recommended.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Ann-de-Mot
Dear Ann-de-Mot,

Thank you for review.

We are happy to know that your overall experience was a pleasant one. We will review some of the areas that you highlighted for our improvement.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.