“Staycation Paradise!”

Oasia Hotel Novena, Singapore by Far East Hospitality
Ranked #43 of 316 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 24 November 2012

Having just returned from a working trip, I was loathe to travel again for our Wedding Anniversary but we simply had to celebrate the occasion with our daughter. The 3 day stay at Oasia in a Club room will indelibly remain right up there, among the most memorable of Anniversaries celebrations past and present.

The well-appointed rooms, extremely attentive staff, superb facilities... in fact the attention to every detail made for an unforgettable experience. We especially loved the card access concept where Club room guests had exclusive access to the Living Room on the 22nd floor. With beverages provided 24 hours a day, happy hour(s) free flow cocktails and wine between 6 pm and 8 pm (my favourite) with finger food in no short supply, it was everything we could ask for.

We had never tried staycations before as I feared it would always not feel like a real holiday but I stand corrected. I had to check myself several times as it really felt like we were thousands of kilometres away. I guess it came down to the way the whole concept Oasia is built around and how they consistently execute the holiday experience. Yet, within 15 minutes of checking out, we were home!

Room Tip: There's two sides to every hotel. We got the side with a panoramic view of Singapore, which we l...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Oasia_Hotel_SG, General Manager at Oasia Hotel Novena, Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2012

Dear Mr Leonardzuzarte,

Thank you for your review.

We are delighted that you had an exceptional experience during your recent anniversary stay with us and it was certainly a pleasure to have extended our hospitality and service to you.

We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.

Richard Lee

There are newer reviews for Oasia Hotel Novena, Singapore by Far East Hospitality

Reviewed 24 November 2012

I write fair and simple reviews. I tell it like it is, even if it is owned by a friend. I write because I want to see change and improvement. Good stuff everyone just woo and wah.

My second stay at Oasia, from the ground floor they will quickly escort you the the 22nd Club Floor to check in. The check in and out is super quick, love it. Welcome drink, cold towels, friendly staff explaining club floor benefits, escort to room, the works.

My first stay was at room 2108 was the good room. On the second stay however, I got the "Lemon Room 2112" (punt intended). I trip on the rug near the bed, please remove it it's a tripping hazard. All who have stay there would agree. In case no one has mentioned this little detail, management please take a look at the ugly rug that folds upwards on its end.

The shower pressure is very low turning the rain shower into a drizzle. The shower glass door cannot close all the way, jam stuck.

The food at the club floor has not change since my last stay a month ago. Hmmm...was wondering about long term stay.

But they do serve a wonderful buffet at the ground floor restaurant I was told but didn't get a chance to try it. At the entrance I was told fully booked and the wait is one and half hours. I stood there for 20 minutes staring at an uncleared table. I was wondering to myself, where are the people from that table? It's been 20mintues? Don't tell me there is a Q for the buffet as well...hahaha. Enough stating at the empty table, I want dinner, and if this is how I'm being treated I will eat else where. Hotel Management please note: staff moving about does not mean they are busy, it just means they are moving about. No one cleared the table for more than 20 minutes.

I took a walk to nearby mall Velocity and found a wonderful Japanese restaurant called Tomi. Oh guys, please come try it.

After dinner we returned to the club floor for Latte. Discussing with my very sweet other half which hotel should we try for next weekend. Ordered another Latte, waited and "poof" came coffee, cousin of Latte. I asked staff why I was not served Latte as I have ordered? Answer: oh, the machine is being cleaned and time over for "Free", now only get coffee.

Ok, machine being clean good excuse! Why not tell me when I ordered that Latte will not be available? Why assume I want to drink coffee? What's with the "Free" I paid good money to stay at the club floor. Ok, I like free, I'm cheap... Serve me my Latte as ordered....lol. I had latte else where, not free but I got latte.

By the way, did I mention the club floor has its own private pool? My sweet other half says I need mention it as its the feature she likes best in this hotel. Hmmm...looks like have to stay here again just to use the private pool, or maybe not.

The bed is wonderful to sleep in, well rested and ready breakfast before check out. Food same as last stay...haiz

Still I had a wonderful weekend...

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SkullHex

Dear Skullhex,

Thank you for your review.

We apologize that your overall experience at Oasia Hotel did not fully meet your expectations. We will review the areas of concern and put in place corrective measures to ensure that there is no repetition.

We look forward to having another opportunity to be of service to you again.

Reviewed 24 November 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Oasia for 3 nights from 4 to 7 November 2012. We stayed in a deluxe room. Check-in was speedy and the staff were helpful. The room was really clean and well appointed. The location of the Hotel is excellent and with its direct access to the Novena MRT we were able to get to our business meetings in a very efficient and time saving manner. We didn't eat at the Hotel as the Shopping Centers in the vicinity had numerous restaurants and food courts and we preferred to eat out. We were also really appreciative of Housekeeping who came every morning the minute we left for our meetings to clean and make up the room. As stated in some of the other reviews, the bed is also a plus factor as it is very comfortable.

Dear BaruApi,

Thank you for your review.

We are happy to know that you had a comfortable experience at Oasia Hotel and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 23 November 2012

Hotel room was( single supplement ) extremely beautiful and great, I stayed at Deluxe room, the open window made it more comfortable and get the great city view the whole day and night. Safety box , Flat TV(big 42 inch) , also set the iPod docking system in room was convenient, The most thing i liked best here was the Bed(so comfortable, the cover made it more colorful as well).
- Well, i would try some food at Japanese restaurant(RakuiChi), a boutique ambiance was great, Hotel owned some other restaurants as well. Location within some mins by waling to Orchard road, but i did not like shopping so much, ask for way to Chinatown was the best experiences

Room Tip: Deluxe room: modern, city view, comfortable bed.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo

Dear Baker j,

Thank you for your review.

We are delighted to know that you had an exceptional experience during your recent stay and look forward to having another opportunity to be of service to you again.

Reviewed 23 November 2012

Last week was my second time at Oasia, both times stayed for over a week, I really felt like in home and my home is very far away from Singapore (Mexico) having the mall and the MRT (Novena) a few steps away makes them better, now I know to to move in the city, overall great hotel to stay and waiting for the next one in a few months

1  Thank PepeDf

Dear PepeDf,

Thank you for your review.

We are happy to know Oasia Hotel has provided a comfortable experience during your stay and look forward to being of service to you again.

Reviewed 23 November 2012

I have been staying in this hotel on a monthly basis since Dec 2012. The location of this hotel is great. Great Service! The staff are very friendly. Room are well kept and clean. Normally, I have insomnia when I am on a business trip but I have no problem sleeping whenever I am staying in Oasia Hotel. I definitely would recommend this hotel to my friends and business associates.

Dear Business_klgirl,

Thank you for your review.

We are delighted that Oasia Hotel always provides a comfortable experience during your stays with us and look forward to continuing to be of service to you.

Reviewed 20 November 2012 via mobile

My partner and myself stayed at the Oasia hotel in November 2012 for one night - our first time ever in Singapore.

We upgraded to a club room for an extra $100 sgd. This price was very worth is at it included access to the Club living room. We enjoyed complimentary drinks from 6-8pm with a light dinner. The private pool and spa was also open until 11pm.

When we arrived our bags were taken to our room and we were shown around the room by a staff member. He showed us how to use all the switches where the room service menu, mini bar and amenities were. It was very nice!!

The bedroom had a very nice view of the city. The bed and pillows were very comfortable although the actual room area was very tiny. Good bathroom with a big tub and hand held and sky roof shower.

Enjoyed our first time in Singapore and loved the Oasia hotel. Wish we could have stayed longer!!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Sinamontana
Oasia_Hotel_SG, General Manager at Oasia Hotel Novena, Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2012

Dear Sinamontana,

Thank you for your review.

We are happy to know that Oasia Hotel was able to provide a warm and hospitable experience during your recent stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.