“Finally found a great hotel in Singapore”

Oasia Hotel Novena, Singapore by Far East Hospitality
Ranked #39 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Sydney, Australia
“Finally found a great hotel in Singapore”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Stayed in Oasia with my partner for 3 nights during our Singapore trip. Not too far from Changi Airport. Cab fare was less than 25SGD. Novena MRT is located at the basement with direct access from the hotel's lift. Made things so easy for us. There are mainly hospitals around Oasia so it is nice and quiet but just 2 stations away from Orchard (awesome!)

Upon checking in we were given a room upgrade by Joanna since the room we booked for wasnt ready (if I didnt get her name wrong) it was such a kind gesture by her since she found out that we just got off an early flight from aus and we both were exhausted. Our Club Room on level 24 was amazing but the room is a little small. It was a little hard to find a space to open up our luggage other than putting them in front of the tv. Amenities were great and loved the bathroom and electronic blacked out blinds.

Our trip was mainly to visit friends so we didn't spend much time at the hotel. Didn't manage to visit the pool but it looked lovely. House keeping service was quick and pleasant (we asked for an adapter and it got delivered to our room straight away)

We will definitely be back to Oasia if we are back in Singapore again

• Stayed July 2013
Oasia_Hotel_SG, General Manager at Oasia Hotel Novena, Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, 31 August 2013
Dear PocketJenni,

Thank you for visiting us at Oasia Hotel Singapore.

We are glad that you found our location highly accessible to the underground train station as well our proximity to the airport and Orchard Road. It is to our immense pleasure to know that our Guest Services Executive Joanne was hospitable and accommodating towards your early arrival and our housekeeping team promptly attended to your requests.

We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back and perhaps to experience our pool facilities on your next visit.

Teo Joo Leng

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (706)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had a short stop over here on our way to Europe for our honeymoon, all I can say is that this hotel is one of the best hotels I have stayed in. The service was standout, the rooms were wonderful (we received a free upgrade), the driver transfers were good with one driver teaching us more about Singapore then the tours we did. The breakfast is a mix of western and Asian cuisines and the pools were amazing and relaxing.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Channel C,

Thank you for your positive review and we are delighted that you had chosen Oasia Hotel to celebrate your special occasion. We are immensely elated to know that the stay had exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back perhaps in celebration of another special occasion.

Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We travelled with a 4yo and an 11 month old son so I requested for a baby cot for my baby. Stayed 5 nights at this hotel.
I was given room# 1521 and it was comfortable and very clean. It was reasonably spacious even with the baby cot in it. And location was really superb. Novena MRT station is just at the basement which is very convenient for us with kids and strollers. Wonderful hotel!

However, on our first night there (9 August 2013), in the middle of the night, the base of the baby cot crashed down WITH MY BABY IN IT, which gave us such a scare!
My baby was crying and it was such a shock to us when I found out that we were given a faulty baby cot. We saw that the faulty part was being tied and secured with a flimsy raffia string, which ended up not holding well as it crashed on us.

I was pretty upset and complained about the faulty baby cot the next morning.
The manager Billy was off duty then and the staff who answered my call (a lady, I forgot her name) just said sorry and sent someone to change the cot for us.

I was still pretty upset by this as there was no compensation and that the manager did not call us back when he got back on duty. Only on 1 day before we left, we caught hold of the manager Billy and voiced out that we were upset, and also to check if the staff conveyed this incident to him. I also wished to know if the faulty baby cot had already been disposed as I feel it was unsafe for future use.

Billy then assured us that it had been disposed, and then told us to go for a complimentary breakfast on our check-out day.

What I'm upset about is that if we did not personally go and find Billy, then Oasia Hotel would just act as if nothing happened. No apology call or whatsoever.
I think they should be more professionally and more sincere in handling this, to show that they are sorry and they care. But they didn't.

I'm glad my baby was ok but it really gave us such a scare!

(i mentioned the baby cot on my blog post: http://www.tanshuyin.com/2013/08/singapore-day-1-pen-sin.html)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank tanshuyin
Dear tanshuyin,

Thank you for staying with us at Oasia Hotel Singapore.

We apologise for your regretful encounter with the baby cot and the lack of a proper follow up. We sincerely value the well-being and comfort of all our guests and we acknowledge that your incident fell short of our hotel standards. Please be assured that I will personally look into this matter to ensure that matters like such do not happen at our hotel.

We earnestly appreciate your feedback and hope to have another opportunity to provide you with a service standard deserving of Oasia.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 24 August 2013

Stayed about for 4 nights in the club room. Rooms are modern and clean. Breakfast was excellent. Staff was very friendly and polite. MRT was next to hotel. Liked that it was quiet! But...it is located in hospital area.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Asel M
Oasia_Hotel_SG, General Manager at Oasia Hotel Novena, Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Dear Asel M,

Thank you for your positive review of Oasia Hotel Singapore.

It was indeed a pleasure to have extended our hospitality and service to you.
We sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you on your next visit.

Sydney
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I stayed here twice in July on business. The first time, upon check-in, I was upgraded to a "Club Room" - which excited me considering I was staying for 14 days... Then the receptionist quite rudely said "But you can't use the club facilities because you haven't paid for them..."

I still came back a week later because it was geographically convenient and despite another 10 day stay - I got a very average room on my second stay and NO benefits - in fact the second time I was told breakfast was NOT even included in my corporate rate - as it had been the first time, a week before.. Go figure..

Well [--] you! After spending over seven grand at this hotel in July...I'm looking for somewhere else to stay. And considering I control the potential to give this hotel possibly hundreds of room nights each year from my global team - I won't be.

The service and facilities simply aren't up to scratch. (Now I know why my business colleagues recommended that I do not stay here...)

Even more critically - there is no bar - their isn't a decent bar where you can get a drink anywhere in the whole joint - other than a couple of [--] chairs perched just off reception, next to the breakfast restaurant. Of course I wasn't permitted in the club lounge so maybe there is something there...

Service at the pool is also REALLY poor too - completely non-existent actually.. I had to go chasing someone to get me cold drink and food.. There is a great pool area on level 8 and they could - if they had half a brain and any customer focus at all - create a really nice bar and socialising area there - but they just do not seem to "get it" when it comes to Western business travellers.

Ok - I'll submit to my colleagues opinions and recommendations and stay elsewhere in Singapore... Maybe they just don't want us...

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank LoveTheTropicsSydney
Dear LoveTheTropicsSydney,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We regret to learn that your overall experience fell short of expectations. Please be assured that we do seriously take into account any lapses and will review the need for any corrective measures.

If I may clarify, different corporate packages come with varying inclusions and could depend on factors such as length of stay and room category. In situations whereby the room category is fully booked, we may upgrade your room type in effort to prioritize your request (e.g. bed type). The room configuration may differ but please be assured that all other benefits which you have paid for do apply. We apologise if we failed to communicate the message clearly to you. We also take home your suggestion of a poolside bar and will look into it.

We sincerely wish to have another opportunity to regain your confidence and provide you with a true Oasia experience.

England
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights during August and had the best stay ever, we decided to upgrade to a club room, based on the breakfast and cocktails and the use of floor 22. From the second the taxi pulled up outside the door we were treated like royalty. The room was fantastic, i had emailed ahead and asked if we could have a corner room and they emailed back straight away saying no problem. The staff were all so polite and so helpful. We basically had the pool and hot tub all to ourselves as no one else seemed to be using it. The best part about the hotel was being attached to a shopping mall and a MRT station, it literally was a ride in the lift then a short walk down a corridor to the station. If i am ever lucky enough to visit Singapore again i will be staying here.

Room Tip: A club corner room had fantastic views over Singapore
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pinkcandy
Dear pinkcandy,

Thank you for your kind review of Oasia Hotel Singapore.

It is a delight to know that you had a wonderful time here and our associates helped to shape your memorable experience during your stay. We are also pleased to hear that you enjoyed the benefits of our Club Lounge.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

los angeles
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights. Excellent location right next to MRT. Rooms were modern, clean and breakfast was excellent. Staff service was also superior and hotel offered to keep our baggage since we were traveling outside of Singapore for a few days and returning to stay at a different hotel. Concierge was very helpful. Would definitely recommend for business or pleasure based on service and location. Great fitness room also.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear experiencedtrvlr32,

Thank you for your affirmative review of Oasia Hotel Singapore and we are pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

We look forward to you serving you again in the near future.