“Excellent service in this superb hotel”

Oasia Hotel Novena, Singapore by Far East Hospitality
Ranked #41 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Excellent service in this superb hotel”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights for my daughter 1st birthday. The checking in was fast, thanks to Freda at the reception. They have a very friendly staffs. The room was well clean. We enjoyed the swimming pool specially my childrens. The jacuzi was awesome. There are nearby shopping centers as well. If u are finding for a convient, well modern and maintained hotel this is perfect for u all. Surely will come back again to this hotel. Well done! :)

Room Tip: The connecting rooms at the 9th floor with balcony
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Pauline_tria
Oasia_Hotel_SG, General Manager at Oasia Hotel Novena, Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Dear Pauline_tria,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Oasia Hotel. The team here wishes your daughter a happy belated 1st birthday.

We will extend your heartfelt appreciation to Freda and for facilitating your swift check in upon your arrival. It is comforting to know that your children thoroughly enjoyed the pool facilities and that you found the location of the hotel to the nearby shops to your convenience.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Warm regards,

Teo Joo Leng

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (707)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 October 2013

After really looking forward to my stay at the hotel (am still here for another two nights) I am disappointed by a couple of things.
We booked a Club Room, to take advantage of the extra benefits that this room has, including the mini bar in the room topped up daily, and free to use, and free, fast broadband. The mini bar has not been replenished once without my having to ring housekeeping to ask them to do it. Once is an oversight, but twice is just poor service. I have not been able to access the 'broadband' at the hotel, because the Ethernet port is broken in the room. After spending at least an hour of my precious vacation time on the phone to guest services, in which I explained the problem numerous times, it has still not been fixed, and nobody as bothered to contact me with any explanation as to why.
I do not expect to have to chase a hotel to fix problems. Of course I understand that mistakes happen, but once it has been reported, it should be rectified as soon as possible, and unfortunately this has not happened as Oasia. I will not be staying here again.

4 Thank MatthewSalford
Oasia_Hotel_SG, General Manager at Oasia Hotel Novena, Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear MatthewSalford,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit with us.

The shortfalls mentioned in your review are of great concern to us. It was brought to my attention that my colleagues reached out to you the following day to extend our apologies for your inconvenience faced. We take pride in creating memorable hotel experiences for our guests and, in this regard, I am genuinely regretful to learn of your experience. Please be assured that corrective measures have been implemented with our housekeeping and our guest services department to ensure there is no repetition.

I sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to attest our value of ensuring memorable hotel experiences to our guests.

Singapore
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I just had a staycation over the weekend with my girlfriends, and I have to say that it was absolutely satisfactory.

The 16th floor room was spacious enough for us three girls, with plenty of natural light and a good view of the surroundings. The bed was very comfortable ad equipped with 4 pillows (2 soft ones, 2 harder ones), perfect for channel flipping on the TV and late night chats.

My favourite part of the room is probably the cushioned seats by the window. I thought it was cozy and comfortable, and ideal for book-reading while enjoying the good view.

The bathroom was clean, complete with the necessary amenities and I truly enjoyed the rain shower. Loved the fact that housekeeping had the foresight to place an extra roll of toilet paper in the toilet - very well-thought of.

My two gripes about the room:

1) The toilet seems to have a slight plumbing issue, whereby we needed to (full) flush several times to make sure everything is flushed down cleanly.

2) The TV tends to freeze mid-frame in the middle of a movie/tv show.

Service was top-notch. We realized that the mini fridge in the room was not functioning as it should when the snacks and drinks we brought over, remained close to room temperature after 3 hours. So we called housekeeping and informed them, and they told us that they will bring up another fridge to replace the faulty one. And indeed they did!

We also requested for an extra towel (and got two instead), and also an additional blanket. Up till then, I did not know that we can even request for an extra blanket from a hotel!

Breakfast was average but still not too bad, I just thought the food selection should be of a wider variety, but I guess as long as the company is good, food's secondary. The good service we had gotten, was also extended to breakfast time. The wait staff were polite and attentive, always asking if we wanted more tea and coffee when they noticed that our cups were almost empty.

I absolutely loved the pool on the eight floor. I appreciated the idea of having some of the lounge chairs being partially submerged in water. The idea was refreshing, interesting and definitely a lot of fun. We spent quite a bit of time just swimming and just enjoying the much anticipated for sunshine.

Thank you for making our staycation comfortable, enjoyable and memorable. I'll definitely be back in time to come!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sha S
Oasia_Hotel_SG, General Manager at Oasia Hotel Novena, Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear Sha S,

Thank you for your positive review of Oasia Hotel.

We are delighted that you had an enjoyable staycation with your friends and managed to soak in the comfort of our hotel room. It is a pleasure to learn that we have provided ample room amenities to your satisfaction. We likewise take pride that our housekeeping and restaurant staff have consistently provided exceptional service throughout your stay.

Thank you for your feedback regarding our plumbing and television, to which you may like to know that my colleagues have already acted on them.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your swim on our 8th floor pool. On your next visit, I would strongly recommend that you book our Club room which entitles you to our exclusive Club lounge and swimming pool on the 22nd storey. We are confident that you will love the view from there.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.

Warm regards,

Leuven, Belgium
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We stayed for seven days in Oasia Hotel and loved every minute of it. We chose the club formula to indulge in the extra service offerd. Our room was beautiful and modern. Situated at the 24th floor the view was absolutely breathtaking. The bathroom was very clean, the rain shower was a real treat and there was a separate bath (which we didn't try). Absolutely loved the style of the rooms, with lots of wood, the overall feeling was of warmth and comfort. Internet connection was very good.

The impeccably dressed staff was very friendly and welcoming and did everything they could to cater to all our needs. I absolutely adored the pool at the 22th floor and took the opportunity to go for a swim every day. Towels were provided at the pool.

With the club formula we enjoyed happy hour from 6pm till 8pm. A free cocktail and some nibbles to start of your evening. It doesn't get much better than that.

Breakfast buffet was also excellent with a choice between western style or eastern style or a combination if you preferred. At the egg station the chef prepared your eggs just the way you liked. Staff was very observant and removed your plates once you were finished eating.

A definitely plus: you can take the elevator to the basement which is connected through a hallway to the metro. There are also shops and a food court nearby. Very convenient indeed!

Room Tip: It is definitely word looking into the club formula. You get real value for your money.
1 Thank CarolienBAC
Dear CarolienBAC,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to have extended our hospitality to you during your recent stay at Oasia Hotel.

We are delighted that you found value in our Club accommodation and the room decor and ambience were to your liking. It is also assuring to note that the staff at the Living room provided warm and attentive service. Likewise, we are elated that you found the food selection during breakfast and evening cocktails sumptuous and adequate.

Many of our guests have commented on our convenient proximity to the train station and nearby shops and we are happy that you experienced it firsthand.

We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 19 October 2013

This hotel was outstanding. The location was great right on the MRT and well situated in the city. My wife and I stayed only one night but we wished we had stayed longer. I would highly recommend this hotel for its comfort and convenience as well as stylish decor and overall inviting feel. The staff were also exceptional. I cannot wait to return to this location.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear mcgrady12,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Oasia hotel during your visit to Singapore.

We are pleased to have extended our hospitality and service to you during your one night stay with us.

We sincerely wish to have another opportunity of hosting you again in the future.

Port Macquarie
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Having just returned from 8 wonderful days in SIngapore we felt we needed to share our experiences and in particular with this fantastic hotel.

The Hotel is very modern and equipped with all the facilities we needed. It is located on the MRT and Novena Sation is just so convenient. We utilised this form of transport for most of the places we needed to go - it was so efficient.

Free WI FI was another bonus we utilized at Oasia - how convenient to email, download photos and send postcards home.

The Staff were exceptional and we felt like part of the family - Sam, Margret, Kevin, Juong, Kho and Murali were lovely people and offered exceptional customer service.

Sam the Guest Experience Manager offered us an upgrade which included breakfast and happy hour every day - this was a great start and finish to each day. We would particularly recommend this feature of the hotel.

While we were in SIngapore, we enjoyed Breakfast with the Orangatuns at Singapore Zoo, a Cruise on the Singapore River, a visit to Fountan of Wealth, a stroll through Marina Bay Sands-what incredible piece of architecture, were marvelled by Gardens by the Bay, Chinatown was a fun time, a great food and wine experience at Luke Maganns Tapas Bar, the traditional Gin Sling at Raffles, a trip by mono rail to Sentosa including a visit to the Aquarium - the best we have ever seen and of course Universal Studios where we took a VIP Tour hosted by the lovely Jovin - there just are not enough superlatives to describe this place.

The Shopping at Novena Square, SIngapore Plaza, Orchard Street and Vivo CIty was just great.

The few times we used taxis we found it very inexpensive and the taxi drivers were a wealth of knowledge always happy to help.

The SIngaporeans are excellent ambassadors for the country extending untold directions and kindness especially on the underground trains which initially can be confusing but very easy to understand once you have utilised the service a few times.

Room Tip: 23rd floor and a corner room had fantastic views of the skyline of SIngapore
2 Thank TwoHappyAussies1
Dear TwoHappyAussies1,

Thank you for your positive review of Oasia Hotel Singapore.

We are delighted that you had enjoyed the offerings of our Club accommodation and the comfort and facilities that came with it.

We are appreciative of your kind compliments to our associates, Margret, Kevin, Jung, Khokulan, Murali and Sam for their hospitality and services; I am sure this will motivate them greatly.

Many of our guests have also commented on the convenience of our location and the accessibility to the underground train station and we are glad that you too endorsed it.

The team at Oasia looks forward to welcoming you back for another Club stay soon.

Warm Regards,

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I find it very hard to fault our experience at this hotel! I chose it based on the reviews off this site and also upgraded to a club room based on the recommendation of other travellers here! This was the first stop on our honeymoon to Singapore then Koh Samui Thailand.

First off we were offered welcome drinks and we very much felt like royalty when we arrived. Its a nice touch that you are whisked away to level 22 to check in, not at the normal lobby desk where other guests check in.

Check in was quick and painless and because they knew it was our first time to Singapore they recommended a few places to visit which was nice. All the staff were extremely friendly and helpful and we felt very comfortable.

The pool on L22 only for club room guests is amazing. We only got to use the Jacuzzi and pool once but we had the whole thing to ourselves which was so awesome. We were really glad we upgraded!! However we did try the pool at L8 also which is also an amazing pool!

I cannot fault the club room. We were given a room on L25 with an amazing view looking out to the city. Very happy with it! The bathroom was modern and gorgeous. And I just have to mention the shampoo and conditioner provided in these rooms was by a thai brand called thann. I need to find this brand of shampoo and conditioner because it made my hair feel the best it has every felt., EVER!!

It was a nice touch to have free nibbles and drinks from 6-8. We found ourselves working our schedule around this! It did get a little busy in the first our and some of the nibbles ran out., but they eventually filled them up again. The cocktails were OK. Some of them I didn't really like but my fav was the Oasia bliss. Try this first :D

Breakfast was awesome although some things ran out (like fruit) which I had to ask for but they did provide. There could be a little more options but I was happy with what we got. The pancakes were amazing!

There is plenty of space on the club level lounge and was definitely worth the upgrade. The gym was a bit small and quite hot! Found it very hard to work out.

We found the MRT station below the hotel incredibly convenient as you don't even have to go outside in the heat to get back to your hotel room. it's amazing! There's some shops at the bottom as well which we didn't really get to look around too much but its there if you can't be bothered going anywhere else. We bought a tourist 3 day ticket so we could go anywhere we wanted in the 3 days we were there which was nice.

All in all we really had a great time in Singapore and we owed alot of it to Oasia Hotel!

Room Tip: Upgrade to club room if you are on your honeymoon or on a special occasion! Its worth it!
Dear littletiger06,

Thank you for making Oasia your Singapore choice hotel to celebrate your very special occasion.

We are happy that we have been able to start the first leg of your honeymoon in such a delightful way and also to meet your expectation at every encounter. It is our pleasure to know that you had found value in the Club accommodation and benefited from the various offerings that came with it.

We have taken note of your comments regarding the gym and will look into it.

We have received numerous good comments regarding our location and its proximity with direct accessibility to the train station and nearby malls; we are glad that it served you well too.

The team at Oasia appreciates the kind endorsement for the hospitality extended and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Kind Regards,