“Great location with easy access to subway and shopping mall”

Oasia Hotel Novena, Singapore by Far East Hospitality
Ranked #42 of 314 Hotels in Singapore
Taipei, Taiwan
“Great location with easy access to subway and shopping mall”
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Fairly new hotel located right above novena MRT station. Room size may be slightly smaller than some other places I've stayed before but it's clean and well-kept. Housekeeping is very generous with the supply of toiletries and mineral water. Front-desk staffs are helpful too with requests attended to immediately. Keep up with the great service!

What I love most is the convenience of having the subway right smack below the hotel and the super close proximity to the shopping mall giving us many options for breakfast. There's laundry service in the mall too, offering a cheaper alternative to the expensive rates charged by the hotel.

Would certainly stay here again the next time I return back to Singapore :)

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank hfboo
Oasia_Hotel_SG, General Manager at Oasia Hotel Novena, Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Dear hfboo,

Thank you for your positive review of Oasia Hotel Singapore.

We are elated to know that our hotel offerings and service level met your expectations. Many of our guests have commented on our convenient proximity to the train station and we are happy that it served you well too.

We look forward to hosting you again in the not too distant future.

Teo Joo Leng

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (727)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Melbourne
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Such a lovely hotel. The facilities are amazing! We stayed in Singapore to celebrate our anniversary. The hotel staff left us a lovely note, as well putting us in a room with a beautiful view. We booked a club room - and it was well worth it.

The rooms are big and comfortable. The bed is one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept on! Toiletries are provided - you won't need to bring anything with you. Mini bar is always stocked with soft drinks and fresh water.

Housekeeping was amazing. I don't think I have ever seen such a clean hotel.

Great range of options for breakfast. Western and Asian with food options changing daily.

Facilities are fantastic - the club level pool is gorgeous. The gym is very well equipped.. Including towels and water bottles

The staff are lovely, very knowledgable and eager to help.

The location of this hotel is a little out of the main tourist area, something to consider if you're looking to be right in the thick of it. Personally we enjoyed the location and found all our destinations could be easily accessed by the MRT with Novena station accessible from the hotel. There are two huge shopping malls with a supermarket and many cafés/ fast food outlets. An FYI the zoo is a pain to get to by bus and train.. We caught a taxi from the hotel for $16

My only criticism of this pretty much perfect hotel is that there were quite a few small children on the club level.. But for some people that might be a positive.

The only other negative is that there was so much to see in is beautiful city that we didn't spend nearly enough time in the hotel!

This could be the best hotel we've ever stayed in!

Room Tip: Definitely splurge on the club room - it's great value and well worthit!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank muzikoverdose
Dear muzikoverdose,

We are deeply honoured that you choose to stay at Oasia to celebrate your anniversary. And thank you for your wonderful review and recommendation of us.

We are delighted that you had enjoyed the comfort of our room as well as the facilities including gym and swimming pool. My colleagues will be overjoyed to learn that they have helped to create another happy guest. It is also a pleasure to learn that you found the proximity of our hotel to the nearby malls and train station to your convenience.

The Oasia team looks forward to another opportunity to extend our warm hospitality to you again in the near future.

Kirkland, Washington
Reviewed 17 December 2013

We'd visited Singapore quite a few times before and always stayed around the Orchard Road area. But this time, we chose a more quiet place, so we booked and stayed at the Oasia Hotel and we had such a wonderful 5 days stay at the Oasia hotel. The location is good with MRT station below, easy for us to travel around the city, the Hotel is newer, the room is clean and most of all the staff at the Oasia hotel sure made our 5 days stay so wonderful, our special thanks to Roni Magtibay, Hotel Guest Service Executive, who suggested that we upgrade to the Club and we did. We really enjoyed the Club facilities, the staff, the quiet breakfast and the happy hours with good snacks and beverages. The Club pool was also a nice treat "clean and quiet". We sure will return to the Oasia Hotel anytime.
Marvin and Hue McConnell, Kirkland, WA. USA

Room Tip: Higher floors and upgrade to the Club
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marvin M
Oasia_Hotel_SG, General Manager at Oasia Hotel Novena, Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear Marvin M,

Thank you for making the switch to Oasia Hotel during your recent visit to Singapore.

We are elated to know that you enjoyed your 5 days with us and our Club offerings were to your enjoyment. We are equally pleased to learn that you found the hotel proximity to the train station to your convenience.

It is always a great motivation for staff to be recognised by guests for their service and I will be most glad to pass on your compliments to our Senior Guest Services Executive Roni, who has provided exemplary service throughout your stay.

We certainly look forward to another opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

Really good hotel, though the location is a bit odd (it's surrounded by hospitals). It is above an MRT station though, so it's easy to get to. The room was good, bed was excellent and small touches like the motorised blinds are funky. We booked a club room, but I'm not totally sure it was worth it. The club room was overcrowded and the food was limited / not kept topped up - drinks were good, but it was hard to find a seat.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ann S S
Dear Ann S S,

Thank you for your review of Oasia Hotel Singapore.

The precinct of shopping malls, medical facilities and train station around the hotel has provided good convenience to most of our guests.

We value your feedback regarding your experience at the club lounge. We have put in place a more systematic review of our food orders to ensure that our guests continue to enjoy themselves at the lounge even during this festive peak season.

We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you again in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 December 2013

My review has nothing to do with the hotel itself but on arrival they block 500sgd (£243), they also said my request had been met for a corner room with no mention of the costs, I had asked for a corner room if available so when I was told my request had been met I had assumed that it was free as I had already paid for club price. Upon check-out, I was told that they it had to pay such and such money for the corner room, I did not argue as I should of clarified this at the time of check-in. They said if I wanted they would deduct the corner room money from the initial £243 deposit that they had blocked from my card, I agreed to this. The next day after check out I saw that the money had been debited from my account, a whole week later Oasia hotel have still not credited my account with the rest of the deposit. I have contacted the. And they said this takes 2-3 weeks before I will see it as a credit!! As a 4 star hotel, I am surprised that it takes them this long to credit my account, if they can block £243 straight away on my card, debit what I had to pay them for the corner room the next day but 2-3 weeks to credit my account. This alone has put me off staying at Oasia as I have never experienced any other hotel that takes up to 3 weeks to credit your account with the deposit money. I just wanted to highlight this to future guests at Oasia hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank 821ElaineM
Oasia_Hotel_SG, General Manager at Oasia Hotel Novena, Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
Dear 821ElaineM,

Thank you for your feedback.

We had probably miscommunicated ourselves. I believe that you have opted for a corner room upgrade during your booking. This however was on request basis and would only be charged upon confirmation during check-in. Upon your check-out, we had release your remaining deposit to your card on the same day. The delay encountered, as we understand, is due the issuing bank.

I hope this clarifies any uncertainties and sincerely welcome another opportunity of hosting you in the future to regain your confidence in us.

Kind regards,

Coventry, England
Reviewed 11 December 2013

2 Days stopover at the Oasia on the way to Australia turned out to be a good desicion. The hotel is well located above an MRT station and is reasonably priced. We upgraded to the Club Area and this proved to be an inspired move as the level of service and facilities was absolutely top class.
I had read a couple of negative reviews prior to our arrival but can only think these people must have stayed at a different hotel !
Special Thanks to Khokulan in the club area who went the extra mile to ensure that our stay was top class. I would definitely recommend the Oasia ( and especially the Club area )

Room Tip: Upgrade to Club Rooms
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Oasia_Hotel_SG, General Manager at Oasia Hotel Novena, Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear Nemo1965,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Oasia Hotel Singapore during your 2 day transit to Australia.
We are delighted that you had an pleasant experience with us and our location was to your convenience. We endeavour to provide our guests with a good value proposition and I am glad that you endorse it. Thank you for your commendation of our service level and I will be most happy to pass on your compliments to Khokulan at the Club level.

We hope to welcome you once again in the near future.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Oasia Hotel is simply outstanding. We had excellent service and very clean rooms throughout our 2 week stay. The price is really reasonable and the best part is the location. It is directly above Novena MRT station and 2 shopping centers. The room was modern and beautiful. It was a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank limmili
Dear limmili,

Thank you for your encouraging review of Oasia Hotel Singapore.

We are pleased to know of your wonderful experience whilst enjoying the proximity and accessibility to the train station and nearby malls. It is also a delight to know that you saw good value in staying with us.

We certainly hope to welcome you again in the not too distant future.