“Deposit charge to Debit card not release after 11 days!”

Oasia Hotel Novena, Singapore by Far East Hospitality
Ranked #39 of 306 Hotels in Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
“Deposit charge to Debit card not release after 11 days!”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Deposit of S$550 was hold and the stay cost S$476.69 was deducted from my debit account instead of deducting from the deposit hold, causing a double charge. I checked in the club room on 7 June and checked out the next day, and up till today, the freeze amount is still not release back to my account.
Called the call center at least 3 times and it was really a very bad experience. My calls were transferred at least twice and every time, I will have to repeat my problem! The call center are really not well trained to handle customer! My last call yesterday, the staff told me it is depends on the card issuing bank, so I called my card issuing bank and was told that it will only take at most 10 days!

Although the stay was really good, the Living Room staff and GEM really go extra miles for the customer experience, the after-stay experience is really a nightmare for me! Knowing that calling the hotel will not solve my problem I decided to send email to GEM and one of the manager at 10.15 this morning and have yet to receive any reply up till now!

I am really pissed and disappointed with all these trouble that I am going through!

High Tea buffet and breakfast choice is limited and not up to standard.

5 Thank huishan89
Oasia_Hotel_SG, General Manager at Oasia Hotel Novena, Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear huishan89,

Thank you for your review.

While we are glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us, it is disheartening to learn of the inconvenience caused in the delay in releasing your deposit refund.

I have responded to your email on the day that it was sent, so please let me know if my reply did not manage to get through. If I may repeat myself, we have notified your bank to refund the deposit on the day of your departure. We have also taken the additional step to urge the bank to process your refund urgently, to which we have received their acknowledgement.

Nevertheless, with your invaluable feedback onboard, we will look into our processes and seek measures to improve on our food offerings.

Postscript: I am glad to have received your latest email that the bank has released the refund to you. If there is anything more that I can assist, you can continue to email me at teojooleng@fareast.com.sg.

Teo Joo Leng

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (702)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My partner and I booked a Club Room for 1 night to celebrate our anniversary. Before our stay I corresponded with Guest Experience Managers Margret and Sam Gil who had suggested that the hotel could help to decorate the room for a nominal fee, which I had opted not to go ahead with, but it was a good service to have.

Booking the Club Room through the hotel's website allowed us to choose between an early check in at 10am or late check out at 4pm. This was a great plus which made us decide to go ahead and book the Club Room. Guests could also opt for e-standbys such as upgrading to a Club Suite for a fee or a late check out at 6pm, subject to availability on the day of the check in.

Check in was a breeze, Club Room guests check in at the hotel's Club Lounge at the 22nd floor. Our room was on the 25th floor, the top floor of the hotel and we got a splendid view of the city. The drinks from the mini bar were complimentary, use of the Nespresso coffee machine was an added bonus.

To our pleasant surprise, Margret and Sam Gil Del delivered a little something to our room. A mango cake and a card to wish us a Happy Anniversary. We had appreciated the thoughtful and personalized gesture.

Club Room guests are also allowed to use the Club Lounge on the 22nd floor throughout the day and they serve complimentary cocktails and finger food between 6pm and 8pm everyday. Staff are attentive to the guests orders and requests even though it does get crowded with guests. Not a wide variety of food but non the less sufficient. Those whom prefer non-alcoholic beverages, there is also a menu of Italian sodas, teas and coffees to choose from. A swimming pool is also located outside the Club Lounge just for Club Room guests, offering a breath-taking view of the city.

The hotel is directly linked to Novena MRT, Velocity and Square 2 shopping centres. An excellent location to travel to by public transport and with much shopping and amenities surrounding, it's convenient to just head out to buy whatever you need.

We had a memorable and pleasant stay and will definitely be heading back there again!

2 Thank sammys0806
Oasia_Hotel_SG, General Manager at Oasia Hotel Novena, Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear sammys0806,

Thank you for your generous review of Oasia Hotel.

It is to our delight to learn that you enjoyed our Club room offerings and hotel facilities. The accessibility and convenience to the train station and nearby malls is a plus point for many of our guests and we are glad that it served you well too.

We will be sure to pass on your compliments to our associates and Guest Experience Managers, Margret and Sam who exemplified the standards of our hotel and making sure that you had a memorable anniversary.

We appreciate once again your kind endorsement of our hotel and the team at Oasia looks forward to welcoming you and your partner back again for another wonderful staycation with us. You may reach me at teojooleng@fareast.com.sg if you require any assistance in future.

Kind Regards,

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Stayed at Oasia for 3 nights. It is approximately 20-30 min drive from Changi airport and on the North-South MRT line (two stops away from Orchard Road). The hotel is located in a less-touristy part of Singapore, but has its own MRT station (you can catch a lift directly to the basement floor where the MRT is) and a few shopping malls to fill your need for a quick bite and shop.

We were staying in Singapore as part of our honeymoon, which we let the hotel staff know. We had booked a deluxe king size room and the staff gave us a room with a view of the city. We also received complimentary breakfast (which was plentiful) and a nice welcome present upon entering our room. The room was perfect for our needs with free wifi available and all the staff from cleaning to reception were superb.

I would stay here again and would recommend it for anyone who would like a hotel in a quieter part of Singapore.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of the corridor have good views and are far away from the lift lobby, which means i...
3 Thank jessal_10
Oasia_Hotel_SG, General Manager at Oasia Hotel Novena, Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear jessal_10,

Thank you for your review of Oasia Hotel Singapore and we are elated that you had a memorable honeymoon with us.

Our view, location and breakfast offerings have received good feedback from many of our guests and I am glad that you endorse them too. It is heartening to receive your kind compliments for the hospitality and service levels of our associates, to which I am sure, will motivate them greatly.

We hope that you can visit us again in the not too distant future. Please do email me at teojooleng@fareast.com.sg should you require any assistance with booking your next stay with us.

Warm regards,

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Singapore is the perfect getaway place from my country, as it is only 2 hours away by plane. I wouldn't say I'm a frequent flyer, but i fly often every year especially to do health check up. As recommended by Far East Group, i was convinced this hotel is the most suitable for me, not on the edge of Singapore, but not too close in the hustle n bustle of orchard road, yet not too hard to find places for food, shopping, hospital, and transport.

The only drawback i had experience in this hotel was the rudeness encounter with the breakfast manager, but luckily, before that experience ruin my holiday mood, i tried to complaint to the management even with 50:50 chance my complaint wouldn't be taken care, u know "office politics". Thank God it was handled professionally by M Razzis, the hotel assistant manager, n made sure i will leave this hotel as a happy man instead of a grumpy man.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Pedro G,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Oasia Hotel Singapore.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed the proximity of our location to the shopping malls and Orchard road. We regret to learn that your encounter fell short of expectations with our Restaurant manager, to which we have since engaged him. I am glad that our Assistant Manager Raziz upheld our hotel standards and reached out to you. It is a joy to know that you had an overall pleasant stay with us.

We do hope to have another opportunity to be of service again. You may reach me at teojooleng@fareast.com.sg if you require any assistance in future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Enjoyed my stay at hotel.Love the view frm my highest club room. Great service frm staff, comfy room. Only thing is slow internet connection and variety of snacks at clubroom. Definitely will be back again.

• Stayed June 2014
Oasia_Hotel_SG, General Manager at Oasia Hotel Novena, Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear GGGMB,

We are glad to learn that you had a pleasant experience whilst staying in our Club room and enjoying the scenic view from the 25th floor. Thank you for your compliments of the service provided; we are glad that it was to up to expectations.

It is a pity that we were not aware that you encountered slow internet connectivity for our technicians would have been keen to assist. May I also invite you to share with our team what other snacks you may like to see at our Club lounge on your next visit and we will be glad to see what we can do.

Please feel free to email me at teojooleng@fareast.com.sg if you require any assistance to make your next booking.

Hervey Bay, Australia
Reviewed 13 June 2014

The Oasia Hotel was so conveniently located at 2 shopping malls, direct access to the MTR and so many restaurants, food outlets, convenience stores but above all we slept so well in the comfortable and quiet room.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Helen K
Dear Helen K,

Thank you for your review of Oasia Hotel Singapore.

We are pleased to provide a restful abode for your most recent visit to Singapore. Indeed, the precinct of shopping malls, medical facilities and train station around the hotel has provided good convenience to most of our guests – we are glad they served you well too.

We hope to have another chance to be of service to you in the future. You may email me at teojooleng@fareast.com.sg should you need assistance in booking your next stay.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

This is one of the best 4-star hotels which is centrally located for small functions and the banquet service staff offers impeccable service standards. Definitely a good choice for corporate events as well.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear TENAP0,

We are elated to be pegged as one of the preferred 4-star hotels for hosting events. Our Banquet Team would certainly be elated to learn that they have provided exemplary service throughout your function.

Warm Regards,