Oasia Hotel Novena, Singapore by Far East Hospitality
Ranked #40 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
“Good location”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Great hotel, directly link to Novena MRT Station. The place is quiet. Strongly recommended for short staycation with family and friends. It would be great to have some discounts for loyal returning guests.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Oasia_Hotel_SG, General Manager at Oasia Hotel Novena, Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear kkm217,

Thank you for your review of Oasia Hotel Singapore.

It is noteworthy that the proximity of our hotel to the nearby train station was to your convenience.

At the moment, we have launched the f’east program, a free membership intended to provide promotional discounts and exclusive benefits for loyal customers of the brand. For more details on the free membership, you may refer to our website.

Please email me at teojooleng@fareast.com.sg should you require any assistance with your next booking.

Warm regards,

Teo Joo Leng

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (722)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Lovely rooms, great service and accessible to shopping and food. The shopping mall is just next to the hotel and it has quite a lot of food choices. However, since it was quite new when I visited - there was few taxis that was not familiar with the location of the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Oasia_Hotel_SG, General Manager at Oasia Hotel Novena, Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Jessi L,

Thank you for staying with us at Oasia Hotel Singapore and we are delighted to know that you enjoyed your visit with us.

Taxis should be much more familiar with our hotel now that we are 3 years old. However, you can always inform the drivers to come to Novena MRT station if needed - this is the area that we are located.

Please do not hesitate to email me at teojooleng@fareast.com.sg should you require any assistance with your booking in the future.

Kind Regards,

Hillsboro, Oregon
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Location – As others have noted, the hotel is in the midst of a medical complex but there are two shopping malls across the small street, each with a grocery store and lots of food choices and the MRT is accessible without going outside the hotel.

Check-in – I had asked for a corner room upgrade but was informed upon check-in that no corner room was available. But guess what. My room actually was a corner room, 1332. Of course they tried to upsell me to a club room but I refused.

The room – okay for one person and for a short stay as it’s fairly small at only 25 square meters. The only chair is a low desk chair. The mattress was “Asian firm” as were the pillows but that was okay. The bathroom was modern and the room was clean. The soap was a nicely scented, clear, viscous goo that didn’t lather and had to be squeezed forcefully from the container. The shampoo lathered better. Water pressure was sub-standard and it took a long time for the hot water to flow but when it did, it was scalding. Towels were plush except for my last day when I got one of the thread-bare ones. The A/C worked well, too well actually. I think I had to turn the thermostat up to 25C to keep from freezing.

Breakfast – In a word, overpriced but sadly typical. I just wanted the á la carte American breakfast. They really wanted me to take the buffet but I didn’t want the buffet. 27 SGD plus, plus. The basket of breads was a choice of white or wheat toast. The bread had been waved in front of a toaster but no more. The omelette was unimpressive. The bacon tasted strange. The yogurt was good with exactly four blue berries and four wedges of a strawberry with the leaf end still intact. No fruit plate was delivered. The orange juice was served in a tall glass and was good. That was on my first morning. For whatever reason, my key card no longer worked and I had to go to the front desk to have it re-activated but that only happened once during my five-night stay.

Wi-fi wasn’t great for my laptop but plugging into their LAN worked very well. My other devices were okay with the Wi-Fi but I had to log in again each day, sometimes twice in the same day - very annoying.

At check-out they noted that I had been “upgraded” to a corner room. I reminded them that they had denied my upgrade request and that I would not be paying extra and they didn’t try to fight me on that.

The cleaning staff was extremely friendly and courteous. My check-in experience was not all that great but all other staff whom I had contact with were helpful and cheerful.

Overall, it was a fairly average stay. Thank goodness my Singaporean colleague didn’t mind taking me to a hawker’s market each morning for breakfast after my disappointing experience at the hotel.

Room Tip: You'd probably be happier with a larger, club room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Tom N,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us.

We regret to hear of the miscommunication during your check in but are glad that you got your corner room as requested. It is a pleasure to learn that you found the bathroom modern and the guest room clean. We have received feedback on a few instances regarding the shower water flow and you may like to know that we are already in process of changing all our shower heads, which are tested to provide stronger water flow.

Please be assured that the quality of some food items that you encountered is not a correct reflection of our standard. We have conveyed your feedback to the kitchen team and they will review the items accordingly.

Our guest feedback of the Wi-Fi reception is generally stable although there could be occasional speed issues when many users log on concurrently and sometimes with multiple devices. I am however happy to inform that we are in progress of procuring faster bandwidth in recognition of our guests’ need for faster internet access.

Once again, we thank you for your valuable feedback and the Oasia team hopes to welcome you back in the near future. Please feel free to email me at teojooleng@fareast.com.sg should you need any assistance with your future stay.

Tokyo
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Good design hotel near Novena station, bit far from orchard however only few more stop by MRT. If you does not care about location I can recommend. really clean. Swimming pool is middle of the huge condominium near hotel so unable to see sunshine all the time, if you want to suntan, be careful the timing. Overall really good stay there. Stay there on AUG2012

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Oasia_Hotel_SG, General Manager at Oasia Hotel Novena, Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear tomairways,

Thank you for your review of Oasia Hotel Singapore and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We have received from other guests positive comments regarding our rooms, swimming pool, and direct accessibility to the train station; we are glad that they served you well too.

The Oasia team looks forward to hosting you again in the not too distant future. If I can be of any assistance, please email me directly at teojooleng@fareast.com.sg for your future bookings.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Amazing place. Very clean, comfortable, and food was good

Rooms were very clean, comfortable and bathrooms were great.

Janice Roy and Margret Inocencio were so helpful, polite and friendly. They helped us out so much with planning things to do and how to get places. They know how to make each guest feel special. They even sent a nice congratulations card for our wedding.

Keep up the excellent customer service and thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Sonesh T,

We are delighted that you enjoyed the comfort of our hotel and found our guest rooms to your expectation.

We are also happy to know that you and your wife had a wonderful time with us and our associates provided a memorable experience for you. I shall pass on your appreciation to our Guest Services Executive, Janice and Guest Experience Manager, Margret. I am certain that they will be overjoyed that they both helped shape another exceptional experience for our guests.

We thank you again for giving us the chance to be of service to you. Please email me at teojooleng@fareast.com.sg should you require any booking assistance on your future visit with us.

London
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This is a great modern hotel with pleasant staff.
Location is very convenient, just above the MRT and food court/shopping mall.
The swimming pool is decent size. The room are clean and modern althought a bit small for us (couple with young child). We haven t try the food or breakfast so I cannot comment on this.
Don t read the comments about the staycations. The locals are well known for beeing unhappy and demanding. I found the staff vey dedicated and helpful at this hotel. Thank you to the staff for making our stay comfortable and easy.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear GuyNuyet,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience during your recent stay with us.

We are elated to know that our hotel offerings and services met your expectations. Many of our guests have commented on our convenient proximity to the train station and shopping centres - we are happy to receive your endorsement too.

We hope you will have the opportunity to indulge in our buffet at our Zaffron restaurant on your future visit. Meanwhile, please feel free to contact me directly at teojooleng@fareast.com.sg should you require any assistance to make your booking with us.

Kind Regards,

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I went to Oasia Hotel with two of my friends for a staycation after much consideration. I have had great experience in another Far East Hospitality hotel so I think I might have had expected too much for Oasia. Oasia's location was great, it was directly connected to Novena MRT - a very short walk away. Check-in was not as smooth as it took very long and the receptionist did not look very happy. If she smiled or was happier, we would not have minded the long waiting time.

The room, however, was fantastic! We all loved the modern design and found the room bigger than expected for a basic hotel room. It was also very clean and bright.

We went to the pool for a swim in the afternoon and in the morning of the next day. The first time round, we ordered some truffle fries and sadly, it was to our disappointment. We paid $12 for slightly soggy fries with no indication of the truffle. When we went to the pool the next morning, there were no towels and someone had to call the reception desk to get some. This is something that should not have happened, although it is very minor. We did enjoy lazing around the pool and Jacuzzi though.

Checking out was smoother than before but still it was a pretty long wait. Maybe it was because we were at Oasia during the weekends, but I hope the staff at Oasia will try smiling more - it will go a long way!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Cutheties,

We are happy to learn that you enjoyed the room layout and view as well as the facilities
provided. It is a delight to know that the convenience of our location served you well too.

Regrettably, your in-room dining experience fell short of expectations. We value your feedback and will look to improve our food standard. Our team replenishes the towels every 2 hours at the pool. Thanks to your feedback, we will monitor the peak periods and step up its frequency. We will also review our training to ensure that our check in and checkout remain smooth even during high traffic periods. We thank you for your understanding on this occasion.

The Oasia teams hopes to have another chance to welcome you back in the future. You may reach me at teojooleng@fareast.com.sg should you need assistance in booking directly for your next visit.