Oasia Hotel Novena, Singapore by Far East Hospitality
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
4,181 results
All reviewsclub roomguest experience managermrt stationliving roomvelocity mallsam gilmarmalade pantryprivate pooldirect accessclub benefitsshopping mallcorner roomconvenient locationrain showerorchard roadlate checkbusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

Stayed there for 3 nights, We are not offered for a club room upgrade. For normal standard room, the stay was okay.

Room is clean and bright.

Room service can be better. We have used the iron board but it was still there after housekeeping. Maybe guests are expected to return it back to the right position.

The shower was horribly slow. It normally took me 15 minutes to do a shower for my son. But in Oasia, it took me almost an hour just to rinse away the shower gel. It became really annoying when you returned to hotel after soaked in random rains or sweat.

Staff is polite.

Location is very convenient, very closed to MRT station. However, be prepared to wait if you need to catch a taxi.

Will stay in other hotels next time when I visited singapore.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank AnitaLi817
Oasia_Hotel_SG, General Manager at Oasia Hotel Novena, Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Dear AnitaLi817,

Thank you for sharing your review of Oasia Hotel.

We appreciate your feedback pertaining to our room service. Our room attendants are trained to gauge whether the iron boards are likely to be used again and if so, they will not keep them back into the wardrobes for the convenience of our guests. Our apologies that the room attendant had wrongly assessed the situation in this instance.

We regret to hear that we were not aware of your shower flow during your stay with us. We are in process of changing our shower heads as part of our regular maintenance and would have replaced yours with urgency had we known about it.

Notwithstanding the above, the Oasia team is glad to know that you found our location convenient and our service was to your expectations. We certainly hope to have another chance to be of service to you in the future. You may email me at teojooleng@fareast.com.sg should you need assistance in booking your next stay.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 1 September 2014

It was our 2nd time staycation @ Oasia Hotel on National Day 9 Aug 2014. Everything was great we have an early check-in at 10am and late check-out at 4pm. They are always so accommodating to our needs, we stayed at the Club room facing the unblock view upon request.

We were surprised they still remembered it was my younger's boy birthday and that they delivered the cake to our room to celebrate his birthday. The service provided by the staff at the Club Lounge were excellent and always greeting us with a smile. The Pool & Jacuzzi at the 22nd floor are all times favorite for the children.

We were able to view the fireworks from the Club Lounge at 22nd floor during National Day. The view is spectacular with free flow of red wine being served.

It would have been better if the bed is bigger, we had a hard time sleeping with our 2 boys as the bed seem so small.

The whole staycation @ Oasia was excellent and we had a good time. We will definitely come back again for our 3rd staycation @ Oasia.

Room Tip: Club Rooms on the high floor are excellent. Can request for unblock view.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Oasia_Hotel_SG, General Manager at Oasia Hotel Novena, Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2014

Dear Ling1978,

We are appreciative of your continued patronage of Oasia Hotel Singapore.

We are grateful to be your choice of accommodation to celebrate National Day with your family. If I may explain, all Club bookings via our website have an option to enjoy a guaranteed early check in or late check out. In this instance, I am happy to learn that my colleagues made an exemption to accommodate your family for both early check in and late check out.

I am certain our staff would be inspired to learn that they have been recognised for attentively catering to your needs and delighting your little boy on his birthday. We are overjoyed that your boys had a great time at the pool and jacuzzi facilities as well as the view of the fireworks that evening.

You may wish to consider a Suite room for more space to fit your family on your next visit. Oasia Hotel looks forward to welcoming you back for another staycation in the not too distant future. Please email me at teojooleng@fareast.com.sg should you require assistance in booking your next stay.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 1 September 2014

Just stayed at Oasia over the weekend for 3D2N on 29th Aug 2014 as a replacement honeymoon stay. He had previously informed the hotel management that it was for our honeymoon, and we were given one complimentary tea/coffee each for this.

We had high hopes for Oasia because we had such a good time at Village Katong, ended up rather disappointed with our honeymoon staycation.

The rooms were very decent; spacious, nice and clean - apart from a strange looking bug we saw on the bed and tiny bites my husband got on his arm the next day!
Bathroom was nice, but shower area was small. We got a high floor as we requested for one, the view was over some construction site -but we understand that cannot be helped.
We had also brought some wine/ cake to celebrate, however we were shocked that the reception told us they could not lend us a bottle opener nor a knife. We were told we could enjoy the cake in their restaurant if we wanted. We have been to several other hotels who gladly helped us with such things and cutlery.

We were also taken back by the service at the in-house restaurant (Zaffron) the next day. The menu in the room stated breakfast could be ordered till 11am, but when we went down at 1040 we were told by the staff there that, "there is no breakfast." I asked what she meant and she answered, "it's over." So I asked, "then what time is lunch?", she said "we don't serve lunch."
The conversation was basically a one-sided interview, until I managed to dig out that there was only High tea and it was served at 230, no other information offered.. Really, a frustrating experience.

However, when we visited the Living Room (only accessible by club room guests) for our complimentary coffee/tea, we experienced a whole other world of service. Staff were helpful, intuitive and fast, the place was beautiful and clean and we noticed them serving other guests very well too. From there we made the conclusion, you get what you pay for. We paid for decent superior rooms, that that's just what we got, no extraordinary service- no frills.

Probably would not recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to spend a special occasion there, unless they book the club room and got to enjoy The Living Room.

Room Tip: If you're looking for a luxurious experience and good service, book the club room and enjoy the Living Room (lvl 22) or you'll be disappointed.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tomasha

Dear Tomasha,

Thank you for your valuable feedback of your stay with us.

We attach strong importance to the cleanliness of our hotel and this includes routine checking and fumigation of our premises. We are concerned to hear that your husband received tiny bites on his arm and will step up our checks. We hope he is fine by now.

It is due security reasons that we do not extend sharp objects such as knives and wine bottle openers into guest rooms. Thank you for your understanding on this. It is a concern to learn that our restaurant staff did not manage to engage in a proper conversation with you; please be assured that we will review our staff training to improve this aspect.

We seek to provide excellent service and value proposition to all our guests. It is a pity that we did not manage to impress this upon you during your stay with us. I am however relieved to learn that our Duty Manager, Joseph has since reached out to you and extended gestures of our sincerest apologies.

The Oasia team hopes that you will allow us another opportunity to host you again so you could truly experience the service that we stand for. If I can be of any assistance with your future booking, do feel free to contact me at teojooleng@fareast.com.sg.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 31 August 2014

Check in was efficient and the staff welcoming. Hotel is in a central location with easy access to MRT, shops, supermarket, dining places. Room was small (as accurately declared) but clean and comfortable. We had a superior room on the 14th floor without any outside disturbances. Made our family (self, wife and 4 year old) stay pleasant.

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear RoshanL2000,

Thank you for your review and we are indeed delighted to learn that Oasia Hotel left an ineffaceable positive impression during your visit. We are also glad that you found our room comfortable and clean and the hotel location highly convenient with direct access to the precinct of shopping malls, restaurants and MRT station.

The Oasia team looks forward to welcoming you and your family once again in the not too distant future. You may email me at teojooleng@fareast.com.sg should you need assistance for your return stay.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 31 August 2014

I stayed for 2d1n over the weekend to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday. As soon as we reached the lobby, one lady greeted us warmly and immediately ushered us to the counter for our check-in. Of which, another equally friendly lady assisted us and told us that we received a free upgrade to the club rooms. All i did was booked the standard room and wrote in the special request that it's for a birthday and if i could get a complimentary cake. Little did I expect they even upgraded our room for free!

The room was spacious, clean and had quite a view. Love the day/night auto curtains. With just a click, you can either brighten up your room or be in almost complete darkness!

At first, I thought they forgot about the cake but about 2 hours or so after we checked in. The Guest Experience Manager, Margaret and Sam greeted us at our room with a cake. I was so pleasantly surprised, although the cake was not for me. We received a cake and there was a written card for my boyfriend too. Both of them were extremely friendly. Thanks! Really really nice of Oasia to have such service. And the cake was so good, although small, but really nice! Well done!

Also, location wise. Just a minute away from the three shopping malls in Novena - Novena Square, Square 2 and Velocity. Ample of F&B options to choose from. Also for travellers, the MRT is at the basement of Novena Square. Very convenient indeed.

After checking out, for the price we paid. My boyfriend and I agreed that it was really worth the money. We actually got more than what we paid for. And would definitely return again for future staycations.

Oh also, I would like to thank their operator Maria and duty manager Joseph for helping us search for my boyfriend's wallet. Apparently he only realized he left his wallet in the room 5 hours later and we assumed, since there was no calls from Oasia till then. The wallet may not be found. Quickly called Oasia and Maria assured us that she will get the manager to check on the room and will update me as soon as she could. Tada! In about less than 15 mins, she called back to say they found the wallet and has given it to their DM, Joseph, My boyfriend went over to collect right after.

All in all, thank you so much for the wonderful stay and superb service!! We definitely enjoyed our time there, albeit only a night.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Oasia_Hotel_SG, General Manager at Oasia Hotel Novena, Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear Naanaa8989,

Thank you for your generous review of Oasia Hotel.

It is to our immense delight that you made Oasia Hotel your choice to celebrate your boyfriend’s birthday and we are very glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.
It is indeed a delight to learn of your positive experience right from check-in. We are also pleased that you found the underground train station and the shopping malls convenient and accessible from the hotel. We appreciate your compliments for the room space, cleanliness, good view and the blinds.

It is also a pleasure to read that our associates have shown a jaunty attitude towards our guests. We will be sure to pass on your compliments to our Operator, Maria, Assistant Manager, Joseph and Guest Experience Managers, Margret and Sam who exemplified the standards of our hotel and making sure that you had a memorable stay. I am sure they will be overjoyed that they helped shape another positive experience.

We hope to welcome you once again on your next visit for another staycation. If you require any assistance to make your next booking, please feel free to reach me at teojooleng@fareast.com.sg.

Kind Regards,