“So informative!”

Yixing Xuan Teahouse
Ranked #2 of 556 Shopping in Singapore
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Few have experienced the ambience and the highly therapeutic effects of the traditional art of Chinese tea making in an authentic Chinese teahouse. In fact, avid Chinese tea drinkers are known to pursue the perfect tea leaf as fervently as connoisseurs of fine wines. At our Tea Workshops, you will learn about: 1. Chinese culture, Arts and the History of Tea 2. Recognising and using the various kinds of tea leaves and equipment 3. Preparing tea the traditional way 4. Tea and its relationship to your health. Come and participate in our tea workshop today!
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The tea appreciation session with Vincent was great. He is so knowledgable and fun to listen to. I thought I knew about tea but I was so wrong. It's a great talk, a great dim sum lunch and a great shop.
Thank you Charlene for making it so easy to arrange!

All reviews
"unique experience"
"visiting singapore"
"couple of hours"

Reviewed 8 March 2014

We had a very informative session with Charlene and her Tea Appreciation. She is quite knowledgable and speaks very passionately and eloquently about tea. Her session will likely dispel all that you think you knew about tea; as well the dim sims are wonderful. A must see whilst in Singapore. Thank you Charlene!

2  Thank Frank M
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Recently, I discovered this tea shop. It has some of the best teas in Asia, certainly the best in Singapore. The shop is small, very clean, very comfortable. What makes this shop really shine is the outstanding customer service. The owners are very friendly, professional, incredibly knowledgable,and very helpful.

I bought tea while there. When I returned home to the USA, my wife and I loved the tea so much, we ordered more. The owner responded to my email request rapidly and was very helpful at sending me just the teas we ordered.

Highest recommendation.

2  Thank 4demp
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I visited the teahouse with my mother for the tea demonstration and dim sum lunch. Our host, Charlene, was charming and very knowledgeable. We learnt a lot and gained a new appreciation of tea. This also has to be one of the best value 'experiences' in Singapore.

1  Thank David W