“Nice hotel.”
Review of Orchid Hotel

Ranked #92 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I had a wonderful time at the Orchid Hotel.
The beds were comfortable. Although I never got to swim, the swimming pool seemed small but suitable for a quiet wade in the water.
What I liked most about this hotel was its proximity to many great sites.
I could walk to the nearby Chinatown and the hotel wasn't too far from other places.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rabbit_Sheep

Reviewed 30 December 2013

The location was very convenient for shopping and getting on to the bus if you do not want a taxi ride. Room was very nice. my seven day here was fabulous with superb food on the main hall restaurent. An ideal hotel to spent your time on holiday or on business.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank anitamani
Reviewed 16 December 2013

very nice hotel, ambience, everything is wonderful, conveniently located, been with family and is a wonderful experience
place clean

rooms clean

lot of happening places around any time hungry quick bite places jus in the side

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I checked in, pointed out to the manager that the room was dirty (visible stains on the floor and bed linen, dust on all surfaces, hairs on the bed linen and pillows).
They changed my room with one that had exactly the same faults, only, less stains on the floor.
Then I went for dinner and they ensured that meanwhile they were going to do housekeeping... which they claim they did, but I found the room exactly as it was!
They changed me room a 3rd time, and it was even worse! no hair on the bed (so I suppose I can sleep there) but the toilet seat was so visibly dirty that I had to clean it myself. It is now past midnight so I have no other option than sleep in, but this is the last night they'd see me in this place.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank AlexDown_17
Ivan K, Director of Sales at Orchid Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Orchid Hotel! Thank you for sharing with us your feedback. We appreciate every comment from our guests, allowing us to constantly improve our service.

We do regret the inconvenience that you have experienced during your stay with us.
On behalf of our management team, our Front Office Manager had already met up with you after you had highlighted this issue to us and assisted you in every way possible.
Noting that you had originally planned to check out today, We at Orchid Hotel would like to wish you a safe flight back.

We do still hope you will give our hotel a chance the next time you visit Singapore again.

Best Regards,

Ivan Kong
Assistant Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed 2 December 2013

For the price it charges, I am quite happy with the accommodations and the services/efficiency of the staff. There is an MRT Station right across the street, two major supermarkets nearby, lots of eateries and coffee shops within walking distance. This is my second visit to this hotel and I will definitely be coming back here the next time around.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank nishrshei

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your very kind comments and we do hope that you will experience a much better stay every time you return to stay with us. Comments like yours would continually spur us to improve our service standards and efficiency in every single staff who pride ourselves on our attention to detail and the comfort of our guests.

On behalf of our team at Orchid Hotel, We look forward to welcome you back for another great stay with us the next time.

Best Regards,

Ivan Kong
Assistant Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed 26 November 2013

I was booked into the Orchid Hotel for 1 night by my company for a recent business trip. The hotel is in a very convenient location being in the business CBD. There also an MRT station across the road which is very convenient.
The room and furniture was very dated but the bathroom had received a recent makeover. Breakfast was average at best and I actually didn’t bother having anything and went to Starbucks down the road.
The gym had new equipment but was very small, at the time I was the only one in there so it was ok for the one work out. The pool was beside the gym so great to cool off and was very big. I wouldn’t choose this hotel when using my own money.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank sean b
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

The room rate and location is not bad but their service and handling are unbelievably poor.
The accident happened in the night, I came from good dinner and getting back to the room, but the room key doesn't work, so I get down to the front desk, they says they'll provide a alternative key card. However they keeps me waiting at the lobby more than 30min. Finally I could get a new key after 40mim, it is difficult to understand to keep guest wait very long time at the lobby in a midnight.

2nd story is more serious.
I sent my 4 cloths to the hotel laundry service on a first day, but it'll never return back me. I asked 3 times to the front desk but they keep says just "just a moment".
Finally, the hotel manager appears and he suddenly says "we might lost your cloths, so let solve this problem by money" and then "how much was your cloths?"
I dissapointed his attitude and he never says sorry for me.

Is this a hospitality of hotel?
Location is very good, but their service and handling is very poor.

• Stayed: October 2013