Wink Capsule Hostel
Jinshan Hotel(Singapore)
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewschinatown mrtdouble podkey cardtop bunkmosque streetfemale dormcommon areasdorm roompeanut butterbunk bedsfree breakfast ismixed dormother guestsa great place to stayyour luggageenjoyed my stayair conditioning
Reviewed 30 November 2012

Almost unbelievable in 2012, friendly staff, super clean (like SIngapore) and very comfortable. Individual "cubicles", makes you feel like your in your own room. I slept really well and thought the whole concept was perfect for "real" travelers who travel light and rely on only the basics. (but in this case, high end basics!)

1  Thank star3000
cb h, Owner at Wink Capsule Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2012

Hey,
Very kind words - thanks! Yes, we try hard to ensure Wink fulfill the "accommodation basics" for guests, and then push ourselves to enhance these, but stay within good value. Feedback from guests make a great contribution and many of our features derive directly from folks like you. Again thanks. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 22 November 2012

Will absolutely stay here again the next time I find myself in Singapore. Great price (compared to other accommodation options in the city) and location- 2 minute (maximum) walk to Chinatown MRT and right near really good food. Very clean and well thought out- the pods provide a good amount of privacy and there's plenty of spaces for socialising. I even thought the bathrooms were quite clean and I'm very picky about that! My only complaint would be that the bathroom plumbing seemed to flow right above my pod so every time someone used water in there there it was a bit noisy. Not enough to deter me from coming back though!

Room Tip: Women's only and mixed rooms are available

Hi,
Thanks for your generous remarks! Sorry to hear you had some piping noises - yes this may affect a corner of one room on the second floor, and we have been monitoring actively. Glad this was not distracting to your stay (similar to other guests' feedback). Please come back and we'd let you try a different room! Safe travels.

Reviewed 16 November 2012

I have recently been passing through Singapore quite a bit, usually staying in medium price range hotels, which I found mostly to be poor value for money on an international scale. On my last visit, I chose to stay at Wink in Chinatown. My experience was overwhelmingly good. The front desk staff were incredabily helpful, friendly and polite.

I checked in quite last and without pre-booking, and this was no problem. However, if you want to stay here, would advise booking ahead to avoid dissapointment; I was lucky that there was one bed free that night.

The wifi worked well and there are laptop/desktop stations available for free access.

The building is well laid out, easy to get around, clean and secure.

I did not hang around for breakfast, but it looked reasonable. The kitchen facilities for those wishing to self cater (and why would you, in Singapore?!) were excellent.

This was the first time I have slept in a pod, and I enjoyed the comfort, privacy and ability to draw the curtain and read, if I chose to, without disturbing other inmates.

Value was good by Singapore standards, which, let's face it, is not the cheapest destination in the world.

All in all, a very good experience and will certainly stay at Wink again in future.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
cb h, Owner at Wink Capsule Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2012

Hi - Thanks for staying at Wink! Very happy you took a chance on us, switching from your usual hotels to try our pods-style accommodation. Yes, there are plentiful options for meals around us, but grab a fruit from our breakfast table as you go out, even if you do not join us. Hope to host you again in another of your frequent visit to Singapore. Cheers

Reviewed 16 November 2012

This being my 1st stay in a hostel I was nervous about the pod idea of the hostel. But I am soooo glad I stayed here. The rooms where light and airy and cool from the air con. The pods are great to have your own privacy but don't feel claustrophobic in the slightest. When you scan your card to get into the room, only your pod lights up so no other sleepers are distracted. Lockers under the pods were huge! Big enough to fit my huge rucksack, and 2 smaller bags. I always saw the cleaner cleaning the communal areas, bathrooms were spotless and my bed was always freshly made for me when I returned after a day of sightseeing. Location fantastic-can walk from Chinatown MRT in about 3 minutes and felt very safe being a single girl travelling on my own. Have recommended to all my friends who are coming to Singapore-just wish there was a concept like this in Hong Kong and Japan where I'm off too next!

1  Thank Hayley T

Hey Hayley! Thanks for taking time out to write. Appreciate your kind comments, doubly so, this being your first hostelling experience! Glad it worked out. We'd love to have your friends stay here when they pass through.... Wink has plans for expansion, but probably won't make it in time to host you when you travel through Japan and Hong Kong shortly though..... Again thanks! Safe travels.

Reviewed 13 November 2012

Very good located at Chinatown and very close to the MRT stop. You can find a lot of places to have dinner in the surrondings.
The hostel is good, very clean and the pods are very confortable. There is a light breakfast avaible and you can leave your belongings under de pods in a very safe box.

1  Thank Amparo L
cb h, Owner at Wink Capsule Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2012

Hi Amparo,
Thanks for staying with us, and finding time to write. Safe travels and we hope to see you again.