“45 Minute Wait for Poor Food”
Review of Roadhouse

Roadhouse
Ranked #870 of 11,581 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: American
Description: Roadhouse is an American-style modern diner serving all-American comfort food in a rustic yet contemporary setting. The Roadhouse concept centres on the dynamic sights and smells at diners all across America, and features indulgent dishes that explode with character and flavour. Located on Dempsey Hill, the 50-seater restaurant dishes out sumptuous burgers and meats grilled to perfection using the acclaimed Josper Grill, mouthwatering mains and decadent dessert. Burger lovers can also choose to create their own burger masterpiece with the Build Your Own Burger section. Roadhouse is also home to the Terminator Challenge and the Red Hot Terminator Challenge which customers to attain eternal glory on the Wall Of Fame if they finish their burger within a certain time. Brunch is served at Roadhouse on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays from 9am to 5pm.
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Wanted to try here after a magazine review.
Very disappointed.
Partner's meal served in 10 minutes then an
one order for eggs rancheros took another 35 minutes!
Rancheros were a mess - runny eggs, one chopped pork sausage and salsa bean dip.
Apology but no explanation given for the delay.
I did notice lots of averted looks from the waiter.

Desert was described as a "Cranberry Nut Brownie'.
It was a square of chocolate slab cake covered in Hershey syrup with a sprinkle of walnuts. Vanilla ice cream scoop on top. The ice cream was nice!

Food :basic diner fare at high prices. We won't be back and cannot recommend Road House at Block 13 Dempsey - Tanglin Village.

The main reasons are the prices and the dreadful service.

1  Thank DiggerDeals

Reviewed 30 January 2012

Thought we try "ROADHOUSE" again at Dempsey Hills. We ordered Call 955 Wings, Plain Jane burger without Cheese- though it was plated with cheese, chicken rocket salad, half baby back ribs, kids mac & cheese. Service is rated bad here because the ribs came first after the drinks. We did not want the Dad to sit and wait for us, so we let him start AND he finished his ribs before the salad and the burgers came. And then way after that the super hot wings arrived. The ribs were tender but small for the price. The salad was tiny as a meal. (Better off going to the Grand Hyatt and getting the real deal for just a few dollar more). We ordered free flowing fries, but we had to ask twice to get a refill. Very disappointed.

1  Thank sofiteme
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Been wanting to try this place since reading a review in a food magazine. A short walk from our home, went on Sunday night- Fomula 1 racing night, quiet night at Dempsey Hills. There were only 2 other tables seated with patrons at this joint, so we were seated immediately. The menu offers the basics Americana- wings, fries, salad, pizza, a few pastas, and a couple kids dishes.

For starters, we ordered cheese fries ($8), onion rings ($6), and super spicy "Call 955" Wings ($12 for 4 pieces). These wings are indeed fiery hot; the waiters were impressed that my kids managed to eat a piece each. The Cheese fries could be better. The fries are good- crispy and soft on the inside, but the Cheez Whiz like atop of the fries, that some people may think are great, is crappy. It's like eating cheese flavored whipped starch. The onion rings were OK- a bit greasy for me.

My son ordered the Kids Burger and a chose the chocolate shake to go with his meal ($14). While my daughter chose the regular size Spaghetti Bolognaise ($18). I asked for the "Juicy Lucy" ($24) with everything (tomato and lettuce) and pickle on the side. My husband ordered the "Hot Moma" ($26)- with no sour cream.

The Kids Burger was a good size, enough for a 11 yr tummy, which comes with some fries also. The pasta was a disappointing taste. It was OK for her, but I wouldn't order it for me. My burger came as requested, but not sure if the chef knows what it means to have lettuce, tomato and pickle on the side. I got a mini gherkin pickle sliced in half, a cherry size tomato sliced into 3 pieces, and the lettuce was not even on the platter until I asked for it again- and 2 small leaves came. I gave up..too difficult?!! The burger was way too juicy-- FATTY. Fatter is not tastier. On my part, not sure Wagyu burger is for me; prefer the lean meat. My burger meat had a slight taste/smell of the fuel used to cooking it. Obviously not grilled on charcoal. The husband enjoyed his burger, but did mention how drippy and rich the burger was; even though his burger did not have the sour cream in it. Towards the end, as we were finishing up, I was wondering when the shake was going to arrive. I had to ask, and the waiter had to ask me what flavor did my son want again. In sum, service needs some improvement. I personally do not enjoy the greasy smokey odor on my clothes and hair after leaving the place. So not sure if there is a return visit, will continue seeking and put this one in the pocket for a possible 2nd try for us.