“Breakfast”

Ranked #1,071 of 11,375 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Orchard Road
Description: Tung Lok Classics is a restaurant part of the famous Tung Lok group of restaurants. It specialises in a menu of time-honoured Chinese classic dishes that have been adapted from centuries-old authentic Shanghainese, Hubei, Sichuan and Cantonese recipes; and embellished with Tung Lok’s sense of modernity.
Reviewed 6 February 2013

Large Bain Marie style breakfast with lukewarm but plentifull food. Decor a bit dated (reminded me of a UK motel experience from the 80's). Staff were (as with the entire property) exceptional. Smiling and very happy to oblige but with the atmosphere of a school canteen.

Reviewed 22 November 2012

Too long to wait, missed several items, bill was wrong, ignored by staff. Menu looks good but you may suffer loss of appetite whilst waiting.

2  Thank Flynnwales2
Reviewed 11 October 2012

We have a birthday celebration in this restaurant and also the first visit.

The food is very good and great choices. The staff is very attentive and good service. We received the birthday wishes plate which is amazing written on the plate and indeed a good surprise for us.

We would like to extend our appreciation particularly to the manager Susan. She is very understanding and professionalism service. We will be back here again.

Reviewed 29 September 2012

I went there with my extended family members for early mooncake festival dinner on Friday, as their restaurant is reserved over the weekend (both Sat and Sun) for a wedding function. As my mom never tried their pen cai (a big bowl with more than 16 ingredients in it, including vegetables and seafood etc), she ordered the set menu. Our overall impression is that the set menu is not value for money, the sharks fin could barely be found inside the bowl, the pen cai is not that tasty, the fish (song hook) is tasteless. And so our future choices is that if we can, we will still order individual plates than going for the set menu. This is more to do with the food itself, and not the environment or service of the restaurrant, and that is why I still gave the restaurant a 4 star. The set menu is for 6 persons, at over $500 per pax, and that is why I said that it is not value for money.

1  Thank singaporeguest2009
Reviewed 5 May 2012

I have been to this restaurant a couple of times, with family and friends. I recently went to their food gourmet festival, where the chef specially came from Beijing. The peiking duck done by him was very unqiue.
The other times, I went on normal days, their food and service is really good.
What I like the most is that if you get to have a room for the meal, at the very end, they will give you dessert (a bun which is empty inside) but the plate is written with poem specially by the chef. My husband once asked about the poem, and was told that it was written by the ink of the cattlefish. This is really unique. They also gave you small tubes of drink, to clean your palate after the main course.
The plus plus is that if you are their regular customer, they will give you 20% off.
Be prepared that you have to make reservations quite early on, if you plan to go there in the weekend or public holidays.