“Wonderful experience , wonderful staff”
Review of Afond Boutique Spa

Afond Boutique Spa
Ranked #11 of 243 Spas & Wellness in Singapore
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: AFOND Boutique Spa, established in 2000, is a luxury spa in the heart of historic Chinatown. Accredited by CASETRUST and Spa Association of Singapore, we are one of the best couple spas with great service at affordable prices. Located at South Bridge Road and Holland Village, we have individual massage rooms, as well as spacious couple spa rooms. With facilities such as an infrared sauna, a couple’s Jacuzzi and en-suite bathrooms, AFOND Boutique Spa is a perfect place to relax and rejuvenate with our massage, spa and facial services. We are new to Tripadvisor, do leave us your feedback for us to improve. Note: Overseas reservation can be made after online payment.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Haverhill, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful experience , wonderful staff”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I went to the Afond Spa after reading the wonderful reviews. I had the sense of love package with Yvonne. She was fantastic! I was totally pampered, fabulous massage, facial and heat rub. I would recommend this spa to everyone and I hope to return before I leave Singapore. Thank you

Visited July 2014
RhysNg, Manager at Afond Boutique Spa, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you for your 5 stars review, we will pass your compliments back to Yvonne. We are glad that you have enjoy a well deserved pampering session at AFOND Spa. We will keep up the good work and look forward to serving you again.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Perfect place to get relax”
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Afond Boutique SPA is a worth visit place -nice interior, polite and professional personnel, very attentive to your questions and needs, high quality of all procedures

Visited June 2014
RhysNg, Manager at Afond Boutique Spa, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you for your kind feedback, we will continue to keep up our standard of service. Your compliments are an affirmation towards the hard work that the whole AFOND Spa Team has put in daily, in order to make sure all customers are treated to an extraordinary level of professional service. Cheers.
A TripAdvisor Member
“Never Never go back. ”
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Went there with my wife on 28/6/14. We booked the blissful marriage retreat at china town. When I called to make the reservation, they told me that they will "give" me a 30mins jacuzzi.
Overall The scrub was ok(6/10) but the massage was normal(5/10). Jacuzzi abt 25mins, it was ok(6/10)

After everything guess what... They charged me sgd90 for jacuzzi. I told them that I was told that they will "give" me 30 mins jacuzzi. Their reply, "give" don't not means free. Give mean arrange or book 30 mins jacuzzi. The biggest joke . Even my 6 year old knows the meaning of give. And the lady that attended to us spoken very good English. Both of us felt cheated and upset. Really cheated. They lady just didn't care even she knows we were upset. Just wanted the money. we paid and left because we were rushing for time and didn't want create a scene.

I will never recommend anyone to go to this company. That's not the way to make money or run a business.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
RhysNg, Manager at Afond Boutique Spa, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Good day,

According to our investigations, it is regrettable that you would misunderstand our clarifications of 2 times on the pricing of the treatments. During the confirmation call on Friday, we clearly mentioned the total price, and before the treatment; we did another confirmation on the total price.

In all our promotions listed on the website and in our brochures, there was never any mention of a "FREE" Jacuzzi. In fact, even on our FAQ page, we state clearly that all services are chargeable. I am surprised that you mentioned that on this Tripadvisor page that you had read that we give away free jacuzzi to our customers, that is untrue and clearly a misconception you had. We tried our best to make sure that this misconception is rectified, hence there was numerous confirmation of pricing even before you started the treatments.

To be fair and do justice to all our therapists that served you that day, your review that our massage skills is only 5/10, that would really be impossible as you were so relaxed that you had fallen asleep halfway through the massage, this is a hallmark of how good our masseurs were.

We deeply regret that your first experience at AFOND Spa has turned sour due to the misunderstanding of price. However, we standby our therapists as their service and skills have been painstakingly trained and constantly improved upon.

Moving forward, we will put in place more steps to ensure such misunderstandings do not occur again.

My sincere apologies,
Rhys Ng
Manager
Croydon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best facial”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Me and my partner recently visited the afond boutique spa in china town. As new customers we took up the offer for the blissful marriage retreat which was a 3.5 hour treatment comprising of a scrub, wrap, 1 hour massage and 1.5 hour facial. We arrived to the spa early and the staff were very welcoming. They started our treatment ahead of time and gave us a couples treatment room with cupboards in it to store our stuff. The spa was very clean and the treatments were really good. It was so relaxing we fell asleep. The facial was the best as it was a proper 1.5 hour facial and they also extracted black heads which most facials no longer do. The products used were very good too. The ginger wrap felt so good although a little hot bearing in mind sinagpore is very humid. Definately recommend visiting the spa if you are going singapore.

Visited June 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

1 Thank Diamondee
RhysNg, Manager at Afond Boutique Spa, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Thank you for your wonderful and detailed review, I will pass on your compliments to the therapists that have served you. Indeed we take great pride in providing high quality facial and body massage services, a lot of time and effort goes into developing each of our therapist's skills.

We will continue to maintain our service level and we look forward to serving you again when you visit Singapore! Cheers.
London, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Exceptional and good value”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Simply amazing. In fact so good I booked for another massage the next day.

Initially I opted for a 90min massage which cost $115 which is roughly £60, compared to London prices and quality this seemed like a steal. My massage lady was exceptional, my whole body felt like a new person.

Ahead of my flight home, I went back for another massage this time just 60mins, again amazing.
I can not speak highly of this place and I am generally quite fussy!
The pressure was great and they actually get the knots out of your back, legs etc...

My only regret is that I didn't discover this place on day one and try some other treatments.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Pam5596
RhysNg, Manager at Afond Boutique Spa, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Thank you for your candid and excellent review. Our team at AFOND Spa are glad to be able to exceed your expectations and provide your tired body with much needed rejuvenation. It is particularly heartwarming to know that you decided to come back to us for another 60 minutes of body massage before you flew off.

Do visit us again if you pass through Singapore again, perhaps you can plan a little bit more time to pamper your tired body. Cheers!