“Disappointed restaurant ”

Dining options: Reservations
SG
“Disappointed restaurant ”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

This is my third visit after a 3 yrs break, seems business are good but service sucks. I arrive at around 6pm, there is a quene outside so as usual i join the quene only to found out the quene are for reservations. I was chase to the side where i found a shorter quene and read a sign indicate walkin 615. I tell myself do i need to wait till 615 even no more on reservations quene? The wait were short, soon our turn to pay and in. While i was paying, i was told i am not allow to change my table. I find it puzzle and found later why. I think i am earlier so could have most of the food. Indeed no quene and could have as much as i like . Not full around my table and most of the seat. Then i found out the heat build up and seems hot. Now i know why i was told cannot change table. Also heard other guest asking the same question and was reply No. Seems if you are early, you will be penalizes and have to be force to sit at the area when the ventilation are bad. Try most of the food, most are average but they have a wide range. Will give this place a miss, there are more better buffet.

1 Thank Robin A

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
“Hits and Misses”
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

We celebrated a birthday at buffet town. You pay upfront before entering. Average cost about $50per pax. Food we enjoyed were the fresh chilled prawns, oysters, sashimi and Indonesian style chicken satay. The selection at the western dishes counter was quite pathetic. The chinese cooked dishes had dory fish fillets, pork and broccoli that were rather bland. The tempura was a bit too oily. The hits at the desserts were a refreshing yuzu cake, crepes and green tea ice cream. The misses include cream puffs, waffles and tarts. The service was good overall with a particular young waitress smiling and clearing plates quite quickly. For the price, it was ok but with the selection and food quality, I won't be coming back again in a long while.

Singapore, Singapore
“Overhyped, if you aren't a seafood fan.”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

To be honest, I believe that the reason this place has plenty of good reviews is probably the seafood. Seafood in sufficient quantity will make any buffet place look like a good deal. If you discount the seafood, this place is then just mediocre.

It is indeed large, but I was disappointed that such a large space was not better utilised. They could have easily added another 100% variety of dishes. Yes, I do mean that I feel that the variety was not enough for the space they had. This was the first buffet that I have been to, where my first round ended up with only 3 dishes on my plate. One being roasted potatoes (not smart to start a buffet with potatoes I know but choices were limited.), Ayam penyet (slightly dry tasting) and the last being Pork in Char Siew Sauce (dry and tough!)

I liked the fact that they had a tea and coffee counter where the hot drink is prepared for you. And there are quite a few dishes that are prepared only when you order, ensuring that the item is hot, and not been left out sitting.

The desserts section was quite ok. They had 6 flavours of ice cream, but since almost everyone ends up having desserts at about the same time, it can be quite a queue! They also some other cakes and even herbal jelly which was not of the watered down variety.

All in all, I would say that this is a buffet for seafood lovers as the seafood is what makes it worthwhile for the amount of money paid. If you are not a seafood fan, you might do better to look elsewhere to better spend your $$$.

• Visited June 2014
“Buffetlicious”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I love buffets, this restaurant is huge in size. it can seats a few hundred of people. I like the huge spread, These are some of the spread in the Cold section. It has some of my favourite, Salmon sashimi, cold prawns. Salads.Cray Fish and many more. simply irresistable. the ambience is good, staff are very efficient in
clearing your plates. Friendly.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank CaseyPearlKC
Sydney, Australia
“reasonably priced with the amount of food available”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

came here for lunch (11am-3pm) on a weekday (~$31/pp). tons of food to select from!! (except for chili crab & lobsters). the food selection range varies from east to west: salad, sushi, stir fried veges, curries, pizza, roasts, grilled, hot pots, soups, drinks, desserts. pretty good value!

Visited April 2014