The design of the hotel is very unique. We chose to stay there for that as well as the location. It's value for money in my opinion. The breakfast buffet was satisfactory. The staff were very friendly and efficient. The rooms were always clean. The location is very convenient. Restaurants and convenience store all around as well as a hawker's market and night market. Public transportation is within walking distance.
- Tourist information center/ticketing office is conveniently located at the square beside the Buddha relic temple. Their tickets are usually discounted so better buy there before going to the tourist sites. No lines.
- Hawkers market to go to are at the 2nd floor of the chinatown complex, which is the nearest to the hotel, and maxwell food center (southwest of the Buddha relic temple)
- It's a 20-30 minute walk away from Marina Bay. Take a stroll at night and enjoy the view. Singapore's safe anyway. Lau Pa Sat hawkers market is on the way to the hotel from Marina Bay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Chinatown district, Santa Grand Hotel Lai Chun Yuen is located within proximity to the city centre, local metro station and less than 20 minutes drive away from the Marina Bay Sands Integrated Resort, Orchard Road and Universal Studio. Featuring tastefully decorated accommodation named as the Warrior, Scholar and Majesty rooms, refurbished from the Historical Opera Theatre, Lai Chun Yuen each has its own distinctive flavour individually unique to Santa Grand Hotel Lai Chun Yuen. The hotel's calm and peaceful concept of "Tranquillity amid the chaos" will immerse guest in an experience like no other. With a stage located at the second floor of the building, Santa Grand Hotel Lai Chun Yuen will stage live performances with the traditional Chinese orchestra and music as well as, an opera setting on display. Guests can feel free to experience the opera backdrop for an unforgettable stay at the hotel. As the hustle and bustle of Chinatown life is locked up away from them behind the closed hotel doors, guests will truly understand the true inner calm that lies within the four walls of Lai Chun Yuen. Santa Grand Hotel Lai Chun Yuen is primed to bring tradition, history and culture with a modern twist to guest who wishes to get away with the modern day rooms and have a unique experience like no other. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), ACCOR, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Santa Grand Hotel Lai Chun Yuen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Grand Hotel Lai Chun Yuen Singapore