“Good location near MRT easy for traveling”

Santa Grand Hotel Lai Chun Yuen
Ranked #154 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I forgot my wallet at lobby and I found it at lost & found service in hotel. I really appreciate staff sevices. This hotel located in great location, easy to find and easy for traveling by MRT. The room quite small but I stay at hotel when I sleep only so the size of room is not a problem for me. If you would like to stay at hotel with value price for your money in chinatown, I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014
santagrandhotels, Hotel Management Team at Santa Grand Hotel Lai Chun Yuen, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Peachzy,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review on TripAdvisor! We are happy to hear that our team managed to retrieve your wallet and that it was returned to you. We are also pleased that you enjoyed the location of our hotel and that you had an overall enjoyable time with us.

Thank you for choosing Santa Grand Hotel Lai Chun Yuen and we look forward to welcoming you back again!

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Please take note of my feedback, there was 2 receptionist on duty during my stay there. Both were guys. I am very dissappointed with one of your receptionist and his name was "Ras.." ( didnt catch his full name). He was very rude in handling a customer. Not customer- oriented! I witnessed what happened between him and the other guest. The other guy with specs on was far way professional. He was the one who assist me during my stay there. I didnt catch his name too. I would like to thank him for the good customer service he has provided me during my stay!
Overall i love the hotel but its just that the room is a lil bit small. The hotel was pretty clean. I totally love the street foods eventhough im not used to it. Rating would be 4 out of 5. I highly recommend this hotel for budget travellers.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Lollyxander,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are pleased to hear that you had an overall enjoyable time staying at Santa Grand Hotel Lai Chun Yuen! We have reviewed the approach of our service crew towards our hotel guests and shall continue to strive for better customer service and relations through guidance and retraining.

Thank you for choosing Santa Grand Hotel Lai Chun Yuen and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back!

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Staff we're very unfriendly when I checked in but the gent who showed me to my room was nice. Room was basic but did the job. Bed was so hard that it was hard to get comfortable. Only thing going for it is that it is in the middle of Chinatown.

Room Tip: Don't book here
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
santagrandhotels, Hotel Management Team at Santa Grand Hotel Lai Chun Yuen, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Keri F,

Thank you for your review on Santa Grand Hotel Lai Chun Yuen. We appreciate your feedback about our service and we have shared your concerns with the team for immediate attention to improve our guests' experience.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next trip.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

We arrive very late around 11.30pm but all everything is ready for us. The Reception just verify our identity and no question asked. Overall a good stay and easily connectable to public transport. However, management need to review and improve the sound insulation in room!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Johnny L,

Thank you for your great review! We are delighted to hear that despite you arriving late in the night, our team were well prepared and ensured that your check-in process was quick! Yes indeed, public transport is very easily accessible from Santa Grand Hotel Lai Chun Yuen!

We are happy to have hosted your stay and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back again!

Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel was an opera house before, and rooms are decorated accordingly, very interesting. The room was small, yet the price is very competitive. It is clean and staff are nice. It is near the mrt and food street. Good to stay if you will spend time in hanging around Singapore rather than staying in the hotel all day.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Conny L,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review on TripAdvisor! Yes indeed Santa Grand Hotel Lai Chun Yuen features tastefully decorated accommodation named as the Warrior, Scholar and Majesty rooms, refurbished from the Historical Opera Theatre!

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the location of our hotel and the many eateries in the vicinity! We are happy to have hosted your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Very nice hôtel that has been renovated in a very strategic place to discover Singapore and many nice restaurants. Yes the rooms are small, which is the case of most of the hôtels in that category in the city. The price is also expensive for the size of the room but the room is very confortable (nice bed, good AC, perfect shower).

Room Tip: I stayed in a room with balcony that was very nice and sunny but noisy during the day and until 11PM...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Adri_YK,

Thank you for choosing Santa Grand Hotel Lai Chun Yuen! Our team appreciate your great review and this only motivates us to work harder to provide even better service to our guests'! Yes indeed, there are many different eateries right outside our hotel and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed them!

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Nice hotel with good design and great location. Although the room is tiny, it is comfortable.
But one thing I wanna complain is that I can clearly heard the words and the music from the street and the room next to me.
I will rate 5 stars if the hotel can put more afford to sound insulation.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank RickyLkm

Dear RickyLkm,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review on TripAdvisor! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the location of our hotel! Thank you for sharing your concern with us and we will share this with the management for immediate attention.