Park Avenue Rochester Hotel
One Farrer Hotel & Spa(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$197
Carlton Hotel Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$236
US$161
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$173
US$152
Marina Bay Sands(Singapore)
US$528
US$368
MarinaBaySands
  • Pool
Park Hotel Clarke Quay(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$98
US$182
US$146
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsstar vistabuona vista mrtwashing machineholland villagenational university of singaporeone bedroom suitemrt stationstar mallsuperior roomiron boardcircle linefree smartphonebusiness tripliving areabeautiful poolshopping mallenjoyed my stay
Reviewed 23 September 2013

While the Park Avenue Rochester was convenient to the MRT, Singapore's subway system, this hotel is not centrally located, and the neighborhood around it doesn't have much to recommend it. (Namely, a couple of malls.) I was spending much of my time at the National University of Singapore nearby, so the location made sense for me, but visitors should realize it's comparatively distant from both the tourist area and the CBT.

There were a number of dining options close by, as long as you don't mind eating in a mall. I appreciated the free wifi and well-equipped 24-hour gym.

My main issue was service: The hotel bills itself as a business hotel and charges business-hotel prices. But it has trouble getting the little things that are de rigeur in business hotels quite right: It was touch and go from day to day what housekeeping might forget to bring (towels? shampoo?), the front desk staff was pleasant but not always helpful with recommendations in the area, I thought I might have to leave without part of my laundry after my promised same-day service took two days. Absolutely none of these items are dealbreakers, but are also the sort of things I know I wouldn't have to think twice about at comparably priced (or less expensive) business hotels.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank karinf74
Sammi W, Marketing Manager at Park Avenue Rochester Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Thanks for your feedback. We will look into the issues highlighted and do our best to improve the service standard. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 16 September 2013

The reservation staff were unprofessional and slow in response, gave the wrong room rate and can't speak proper English. Poor customer service, cramped rooms with the wardrobe hitting the bed when opening, and noisy from traffic. Cut the stay short and moved to the next door hotel shortly after. Doors to the corridor were thin and seem flimsy, and did a poor job of keeping the noise of people walking by out. The walls were also thin so much so that the humping bed next door kept me up at night. Could even hear other children crying at night or people upstairs moving chairs. Gym and pool looks larger in the photos but they're actually a lot smaller. Expected more for this price.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank phatlewt
Sammi W, Marketing Manager at Park Avenue Rochester Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Received your feedback with thanks. We will look into the issues pointed out by you, and please trust that we will always do our best to improve our service standard. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I have been staying here for a month and will be staying here until May of 2014. I did my research before getting to Singapore and found there are not many good options if you want to be on the west side of SG (near NUS especially).
I booked a serviced 1 bedroom apt here and its excellent. They have a coffee maker with various choices of tea/green tea and excellent coffee. :)
The kitchenette is well equipped with essentials - toaster, water heater, utensils etc. They have a washing machine cum dryer in the rooms. The housekeeping is daily and very good and efficient. The Buona Vista MRT is a 3-5 min walk and the Green line/circle line is well connected to the rest of the city. The hotel is very quiet and has a great view of the green spaces around.
They have an excellent gym on level 4 and a beautiful pool. I use the gym quite often and hardly see people in there. There are 5-6 treadmills always available. There are free weights and a few machines. The treadmills all have TV stations and are excellent. There is a good view from the gym as well.
They have a café downstairs as well and Rochester Mall/Star Vista mall is next door. I walk to the food court at Star Vista everyday where there are many reasonable choices to eat and it takes me about 5 mins to get there.
The service is excellent and just a call away.

Room Tip: higher floors, corner rooms
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank miteshgupta
ParkAvenueManagement, Marketing Manager at Park Avenue Rochester Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Thank you for your compliments. It is our honor to have you. Hope you enjoy the staycation and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Our Company sets us up at the serviced apartments and we have become regulars at Park Avenue whenever we are in Singapore. I could be specific but must say with the price and location it is worthwhile. The Staff are always friendly and willing to assist with any request. After a long days work all you want is a nice hot bath, clean room and comfortable bed which is all that with Park Avenue Rochester

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
ParkAvenueManagement, Marketing Manager at Park Avenue Rochester Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Thank you for your great support. We hope you enjoy staying with us!

Reviewed 16 August 2013

The location was very convenient for our purpose -to settle our son in school (UWCSEA in Dover) which was a 5 min taxi drive or a 15-20 min bus ride door to door. The Buona Vista MRT is a 5 min walk. The rooms were nice and clean with all necessities. The bathroom was of good size - spic and span. The staff were all very helpful and courteous. The free wifi and free local calls were highly welcome. I did not try the restaurant in the hotel as it did not have many vegetarian choices but there were many restaurants nearby, Holland village is also one stop away and has many restaurants. Overall I would recommend this hotel to all the people who have work near that area. We has stayed in the superior room, only the room size was a bit smaller than my expectations but comfort wise I have no complains. I would definitely stay there if I went back to meet my son at Dover. I had first booked for two nights but decided to stay on for 3 more as it suited my purpose in all regards. It was a happy and nice stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family