“Astounding selection of whiskey”
Review of The Auld Alliance

The Auld Alliance
Ranked #18 of 11,864 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are pleased to introduce you our bar at Hotel RendezVous, The Auld Alliance which has the largest Whiskey collection in South East Asia. 1350 Whiskies including all the distilleries from Scotland, all the vintages from 1936 to 2000, 120 Japanese Whiskies. We are also proud of our Champagne selection (Billecart Salmon, Cristal Roederer, Dom Perignon, Krug, Salon are available in many vintages), and we propose an unique range of 40 Absinthes that we serve in the 19th century traditional way, using « Fontaine » and « Brouilleur ».Open from :Monday - Thursday : 5pm -1am, Friday - Saturday : 5pm - 2am, Sunday 5pm-12am
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We happened up The Auld Alliance by accident, after a dinner nearby. We felt we had hit the proverbial jackpot - I personally have never seen such a huge selection of whiskey. They have whiskey from every imaginable part of the world. They have 1950s Macallan. They also have a cigar room.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

You are certainly spoiled for choice when entering this place. A lot of my dream drams were in attendance, some unopened a lot opened. I would need a month to go through all the drams I dreamed of. But That would also take quite a lot of money. Prices are a little higher than what you would expect elsewhere. But that is the norm for Singapore prices.

I hope I will be back. Two visits are not enough!

Thanks

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

If you love whisky ..this is the place u should camp:) too much whisky dont know which one to start with.
Food is good and the people who working there very frenly.. I will give this Bar 95/100 points.. So far still not yet found a bar better den this:)

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We visited while on a short Singapore stopover on the way to elsewhere. It was a little hard to find as it is upstairs in a non-descript hotel complex, but once there it is an attractive and cosy venue.

We tried many different whiskeys by the glass on the recommendation of the staff, they asked what style we liked and then tried to match that based on what they had available by the glass. I like the heavily peated style from places like Islay, whereas my wife likes more subtle ones from Speyside. I liked everything I tried but of course the ones I really liked are not available anywhere but at the Auld Allliance - just wshed I lived in SIngapore!

One thing to remember is that if you want to try lots of different whiskeys, then it is better to ask for half serves of 2cl instead of 4cl.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

Excellent selection of Whisky. I'm not a huge whisky fan, but there was plenty to choose from that even I liked. If you don't know which one is your type, try the set tasters. Definitely recommended.