“Nice Hotel - Really Give Satisfaction”

Village Hotel Katong by Far East Hospitality
Ranked #21 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I stayed here due to my friend winning a voucher for 2 nights stay (Deluxe Room) at this property..I gave some value of money to her in exchange for this voucher, actually I also got the winning voucher of Quincy hotel which I already used with my family much earlier..
Thank you so much to Ms Tirsa (Far East representative sales person based in Jakarta), that really kindly assist me to confirming the booking and also granted my special request), thanks also to other Far East colleagues in Singapore..

When i first arrived around midnight here, me and my friend kinda confused to find the entrance since we arrived from East Coast Road side and found the Katong V Mall which connected to the hotel was already closed.. but we later found the way anyway and was amazed by the lobby which is really nice, elegant, spacious, clean and well decorated.. both Check in and check out later was also smooth..

We got room in 10th floor which is really nearby the elevator.. The room itself is with good size and i like the modern Peranakan style of the room.. Size of bed is more than OK and really comfy with good quality..The room comes with good and many amenities, such like hair dryer, they even got flashlight and weigh scale..the TV is also really big..

Like i mentioned before, that I ever stayed also in Quincy hotel, same group with this hotel, what I really like and is a really good plus is the Free Wifi that is provided by the Far East hotels group..the Wifi is so STRONG and we enjoyed using that in our room..bathroom is good also, comes with shower room.. and the room got nice balcony and some quite good view of the area.. so far, for 4 star hotel rate, this hotel is really really good and give satisfaction..

as for location, yes, this hotel is not in the city area, but still is really fine and the location is actually is around halfway between airport and city, and the surroundings comes and is famous with many local food eating places, I also tried famous 328 Katong Laksa (1 of my favourite food in Singapore) that got 2 branches nearby the hotel area.. I have not yet try Five Star Chicken Rice nearby but people said that is also delicious and famous.

for access to airport, is really easy since hotel provide FREE SHUTTLE SERVICE for both transfer in and transfer out. (me and my friend used this service for transfer out and it happened only 2 of us that were escorted at that time to airport so that we experienced private transfer-like service..hehe..) How about going into the city ? not give us much problem, since the front desk lady helped us to inform which bus to take and board to the city, and we then just go down to the Katong V Mall, go out and find the bus stop nearby and then the bus was coming then we took it service.. I forgot which number of bus, maybe 148.. it took about 20 - 30 minutes to city area, depend on the destination, Marina and City Hall area will took less time to arrive than if you aiming for Orchard area.. later, when we need to go back to hotel from city, we took bus number 138 to arrive back to hotel and we even had chance to visit and got late dinner in lively Geylang area not too far from Katong area..

Actually I got small concern, that the hotel could not provide any breakfast box (I already asked for it), since we need to go to city at morning, and then we had to skip the breakfast on January 14th, but later we tried the breakfast on January 15th which is really good, and personally i think it got many selection of foods, even there is nasi lemak.. overall, i really satisfied with the breakfast menu, many choices of food.. :) and the breakfast site (Katong Kitchen on 4th floor) is nice and well decorated..

as additional information, there is also gym and nice round shaped swimming pool on 4th floor, and the view is also nice from there, better than from our room balcony, we experienced the fresh air and wind breeze of the area in the morning.. there is also Parkway Parade mall nearby the hotel and we got chance to visit the mall also..

Overall the stay was very nice and thanks for the hospitality, we really enjoyed our stay.. :)

Room Tip: I think any type of room is really nice..
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Brett W, General Manager at Village Hotel Katong by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear Arlnov

Thank you very much for your kind words of support for Village Hotel Katong.

Your review is very detailed and certainly rewarding for all those that read it. We are very proud of the hotel and the ability we have to deliver great service, clean and comfortable rooms, enjoyable recreational facilities and some authentic food selections both at the hotel and just on our doorstep.

I appreciate your support of the hotel and look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

Great front office with Typical Asian Hospitality and front office decor is a treat. Rooms r also great with good toilet n views. Comfortable stay. Very good breakfast to savour Ur taste. Though litle far off from Airport but has good ambience. Nice place to unwind.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank deep90gupta

Dear deep90gupta

Thank you for sharing your experience you had at Village Hotel Katong.

The hotel has recently undergone a full refurbishment and we are very proud of the Peranakan style decor. Supporting this with our service excellence, ensures each and every guest we have stay with us has a very memorable experience.

I have passed on your kind words onto the team who were thrilled to be recognised for their contribution.

I look forward to having you stay with us again when next in Singapore.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Spacious and well decorateed Room. Good Service at Cafe. Club Lounge is small with reasonable varities of ight foods during evening cocktail. Pool is round which makes it difficult for a proper swim. Gym is small but with few basic fitness equipment. Pretty convenient as located in a commercial building of supermarket and few F & B outlets

Room Tip: If stays at club room, prefer to be on same floor as club lounge
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Dear brnrd_h

Thank you for taking time to provide valuable feedback about your recent stay at Village Hotel Katong.

It was pleasing to read your stay experience was good and we look forward to your return visit soon.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

check in to this hotel due to my previous hotel fully booked. This hotel is cheaper and room is nice,big, and comfortable, located near shoping center. All staff very friendly, bellman very helpful ,miss luiee help us to confirm our flight and tell us where to get nice food. housekeeping mr jay help for what we need in room. Great hotel and nice people.

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear minminzhang

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Village Hotel Katong.

I have personally passed on your comments to both Ms Lu Lee and Mr Jay who were very appreciative of your kind words.

I trust your future visits will see you return to Village Hotel Katong, and I offer my contact details to assist you in any future reservations (brettwalker@fareast.com.sg)

Reviewed 13 January 2014

So I stayed here due to winning a voucher for a nights stay (Deluxe room) at this property so my review is based on the quality and service of the stay not the price. First off I would like to congratulate the front line staff at the hotel for their very friendly and warm welcoming, this is probably the warmest greetings we have received out of all stays in Singapore hotels including 5 stars.

The hotel lobby is clean, elegant and simple and the hallways and room are to the same standards, the room itself is a good size and the style is modern and as described "Peranakan style" which moves away from the boring white walls you usually see in other hotels. King size bed is great and the pillows are of good quality. Big screen TV, good wifi reception, adequate desk space and office chair, double shower and all the bath amenities you would need. the room had a small balcony which was good.

The only negative which I would like to point out was; When going to use one of the bath towels which was provided I noticed it was heavily stained and dirty, now I know this may not be the fault of the hotel itself as they probably outsource the cleaning and may not have noticed this but for a hotel of its caliber the towel should not have been in circulation.

We stayed for buffet lunch the first day at the hotel restaurant which was fantastic the spread was good and the quality was also of standard, again the staff are welcoming and attentive.

Breakfast was nice, made to order eggs and omelette which was delicious (props to the chef).

The shops located in the vicinity of the hotel is a good mix with a supermarket located downstairs and parkway parade shopping mall located opposite.

Overall the stay was very nice and was better in terms of service than some 5 star hotels we have stayed in at Singapore, would stay here again based on the rooms and service received.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank arcade_007

Dear arcade_007

Thank you for providing such informative feedback about your recent stay at Village Hotel Katong.

The hotel recently had a full refurbishment with the design element of Peranakan style and with our guest comfort at mind. So our guest can enjoy the luxury of a 5 star hotel, without the 5 star price tag.

I have since followed up on your concern with the bath towelling, and I sincerely apologise for this to have occured.

I do look forward to the opportunity to have you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

was very happy with my two day stay at village hotel. Family room was large and comfortable, location was good and staff were friendly. highly recommend this to anyone staying in singapore for 3-4 days (anymore and i would stay more central)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank TomHerts
Brett W, General Manager at Village Hotel Katong by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Dear TomHerts

Thank you for taking time to provide comments about your recent experience at Village Hotel Katong.

Our family rooms are great to accommodate 2Adults and 2Children with the two double bed configuration, and a good option for our guest to take instead of two rooms.

I look forward to being able to welcome you back when next in Singapore and to stay at Village Hotel Katong.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Our reason for booking this hotel was money!. We could not afford to stay in a good hotel in the CBD during the Xmas / New Year period, so we looked elsewhere and we found this establishment on Booking.com. It was half the price of comparable CBD hotels. We sort of resigned ourselves to the notion that we would be disappointed by not staying in the city. How wrong we were. The hotel has been recently renovated and what an excellent job they have done. Also, at the last minute we upgraded to their Club option S$50.00 per night. Bigger room, free laundry; exclusive use of their club for Breakfast and evening cocktails. Late checkout. And of course we used all of these facilities. The staff were wonderful and extremely helpful. The locale of Katong is good. Large shopping centre; restaurants; supermarket and pharmacies. We wanted for nothing. A short and cheap taxi ride got us to the city in 10-15 mins. All tour companies will do pick ups here. And the clincher is the hotel's free airport shuttle service for both arrivals and departures.

Recommended.

Room Tip: Go for the Club upgrade.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Woodyinthemiddle

Dear Woodyinthemiddle

As a regular reviewer on Trip Advisor with your extensive travel, it was indeed rewarding for the hotel to hear that your experience at Village Hotel Katong was very good.

I am pleased you took the upgrade option for a token SGD$50.00++ per night and enjoyed the experience that our Club Rooms and Peranakan Lounge has to offer. The benefits of breakfast, cocktails, internet, laundry, late checkout and a large and well appointed room is great value and has been very well received by all our guests.

The hotels location, although not in the heart of the city, does provide an authentic local experience. We inspire to have our guest "live like a local", and feel very much like they are part of the Village.

Once again, I really do appreciate your support and we look forward to welcoming you back again when next in Singapore.