“21st Birthday Celebration”

Village Hotel Katong by Far East Hospitality
Ranked #24 of 316 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We celebrated my brother's 21st birthday at village hotel katong. It is definitely one of the most unforgettable experience. The food was fantastic and the service was impeccable. The choo family would like to give a special thanks to Village hotel's staff Sunil, Fazly and Kapi for making the whole event seamless and unforgettable. They did their best not just to serve, but were also our sound mans and event coordinator. We would definitely come back to celebrate other events. Definitely a go to place for birthdays and celebrations. Thank you for giving us a night to remember. :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Choochoos18
Brett W, General Manager at Village Hotel Katong by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Choochoos18

Thank you for providing such a glowing reveiw from your experience you had at Village Hotel Katong that hosted your brothers 21st Birthday Party.

The hotel has a wonderful ballroom (named Saffron), that can hold up to 120 sit down or 150 cocktail style for such events as 21st Birthdays to Weddings. I am glad you experienced this room first hand and we made the night special for all of those involved.

I have since passed on your personalised comments of Sunil, Fazly and Kapi who are our service experts in this space, and they were thrilled to have been recognised by you.

We look forward to being the venue of choice for your next gathering.

There are newer reviews for Village Hotel Katong by Far East Hospitality

Reviewed 13 June 2014

This was our first time to stay in The Village Hotel Katong and we were very pleased with our choice.It is in an interesting area and a change from the larger hotels in the city centre.Our room was large and modern and very clean. We decided to upgrade when we arrived which was lovely as we then had all the Club benefits.

The staff were really lovely, particularly Janessa who was very attentive and natural. We are now looking forward to our return stay in July.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RoRoBrisbane

Dear RoRoBrisbane

Thank you for providing such a wonderful reveiw from your recent stay at Village Hotel Katong.

I am pleased you enjoyed our spacious rooms, the Peranakan Lounge experience and the personalised services of our team member, Jenessa.

We look forward to welcoming you back in July.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

The hotel is brand new - opened in 2013 apparently. It's only about 15 minutes (or maybe less) from the Changi Airport. It used to be the Paramount Hotel before. The Village Katong is totally refurbished and the room looks exactly like what is in the photographs.

There's a very good restaurant on the 4th floor. Served a fantastic mushroom soup and even more fantastic salad. Fruit juice was genuinely produce (not a cordial mix).

Compliments to the Concierge staff, who were always friendly and helpful.

There's a small mall annexed to the hotel (through a glass door that opens at 7.30 a.m.). It has a supermarket (Fair Price) on the ground floor with a well-stocked wine section. You can get almost everything you want from there.

The only shortcoming, if I could call it one, was that the Reception staff did not remind me that there was free WiFi in the bedroom, and so I didn't have the password, etc.. I was not informed that the minibar in the room was empty. Only when I enquired was I informed that they would stock it if I wanted. (I said "no" because by then I knew I could get everything from the market next door). The Receptionist also did not attract me to an upgrade for just SGD50.00 -- I only noticed the sign when I was checking out! (I would have paid for an upgrade had I known about it -- would probably have gone onto a higher floor with a better view!) Come to think of it, she didn't ask me if I wanted to sign up for breakfast, like other hotels normally do.

A short walk from the hotel is the Parkway Parade; behind not far from the hotel is the Katong Shopping Centre, plus other shops fronting the street in front of the annexed mall.

It would have been great if the hotel could provide/produce a map showing the hotel's location and the surrounding areas. All the maps at the hotel are about Orchard and its surroundings only.

All-in-all, the condition of the room and the restaurant was a nice pleasant surprise. Just that the Reception staff probably needs a bit more training. Despite that, I will definitely be back there the next time!!

Room Tip: - Ask for the WiFi password on checking in; - Ask about upgrade possibility; - Ask about breakfast...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Happenings2
Brett W, General Manager at Village Hotel Katong by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Dear Happenings2

Thank you for sharing your recent experience you had at Village Hotel Katong.

The hotel has been recently refurbished and is now an amazing Peranakan inspired decorated hotel with large rooms, an amazing shower experience, and beds with a extra comfortable mattress topper that makes sleeping a joy.

The hotel also offers free WiFi to all guests included in our advertised room rates, and on availability the option to upgrade to our Club rooms and the benefits of the Peranakan lounge access. My apology if this experience was not offered to you for this stay.

For your next visit, please contact me direct on brettwalker@fareast.com.sg so I can extend the wonderful services to you to enjoy.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights and really enjoyed it. The hotel has a beautiful decor, the rooms are a great size with big comfy beds and the bathroom was lovely. The shower was fantastic, in fact. Our room was modern and really lovely to be in.

In terms of location, there are plenty of great food spots nearby and a supermarket downstairs from the hotel, which makes it easy to grab essentials or duck out for dinner or lunch. There is a shopping mall a few minutes walk away with great shops.

Free wifi is always great and the pool and gym were nice too. The service here was really great, the staff were so friendly and helpful at check-in and chatted to us at breakfast as well.

Definitely recommend this place :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank littlegreybox

Dear littlegreybox

Amazing review from your recent stay at Village Hotel Katong, from such a seasoned traveller as yourself.

I really appreciate your kind words of our service excellence, decorative Peranakan decor hotel which has recently been refurbished, and of course the location of the hotel in the heart of the east side food haven.

For your next visit to Singapore, please do connect with me on brettwalker@fareast.com.sg as I would like to personally manage your next experience at the hotel

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed at the Village Hotel Katong on a 24hr stopover in Singapore on our way to Phuket. We chose this hotel because of the option of the family room which made it much more affordable for us than getting 2 rooms (which was the only option with most other hotels in Singapore). The free airport shuttle service was excellent, and the hotel was not too far from the airport which was perfect for an overnight stay. Best smelling hotel foyer ever!! Beautiful rooms & excellent staff. Really appreciated the special deal upgrade on arrival. Drinks at the club lounge were just what we needed after flying all day & the 4pm checkout was perfect for departure to our connecting flight. Couldn't have asked for a better first time experience in Singapore. Looking forward to returning ..... Hopefully for longer next time!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Weekends_Holidays

Dear Weekend

Thank you for providing such a wonderful review from your recent experience at Village Hotel Katong.

The hotel complimentary airport shuttle is a great way to get to the hotel and back to the airport, which is hassle free. I am glad you took on the upgrade offer to our Peranakan Lounge experience, as it is great value and all our guest truly enjoy as you did too.

On your next planned visit to Singapore, be sure to connect with me directly on brettwalker@fareast.com.sg

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

I had u wont believe this ( 2 months) stay at the village hotel katong n its something that will stay with me for a long time .. lov at first sight .. Their club rooms are just pure royalty with comfy beds ... a tub ( u can sleep on them n watch tv) ... the best part of the hotel is the service .. they do their best to make u feel comfortable .. they even had cake cutting for birthdays ... you get a host of privlages as well for a club room lik free laundry ... breakfast n cocktail ... the only small tiny glitch was I wish they had more veg options in thier breakfast n cocktail ... I wana thank ida, rachel, and janessa for making my stay very memorable .. looking forward to staying there again

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ramesh S
Brett W, General Manager at Village Hotel Katong by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Dear Ramesh S

Thank you for your wonderful comments you provided from your long stay visit with us at Village Hotel Katong.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us for so long, and I am thrilled we were able to accommodate your every need and over deliver on our service promise.

I have personally passed on your kind words to Ida, Jenessa and Rachel, who are all stars for us in delivering our high service standards.

I look forward to being able to welcome you back again soon

Reviewed 10 June 2014

The hotel is very nice and new, rooms are big and clean, wifi works well. Front office staff are helpful. If you check in before 5pm you might like to take them up on the $50 up grade, access to a private lounge 6pm to 8pm, all you can eat and drink and a good breakfast in the same lounge.
The last time I checked in it was late (Singapore immigration) so too late to take up offer, so bought breakfast in normal dinning room. The worst breakfast I have ever had, cold food, no variety, just terrible and what made it worse and no fault of the hotel, their was the rudest group of people having breakfast there, the table next to me took my chair when I got up to go and get a cup of coffee, and were not happy when I asked for it back. The hotel were good, they gave me my money back.

Room Tip: All seem ok.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Grumpy_1938

Dear Grumpy_1938

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay at Village Hotel Katong.

I appreciate your kind words on the decor of the hotel and the service of the staff. Your return visit is also appreciated and I look forward to having this continue.

Regarding your breakfast experience, allow me to apologise for the level of offering you encountered. I assure you this is in no way a reflection of what the hotel duly provides, and I have since discussed your comments with the Hotel Chef and we have together revisited the offering for this meal period.

I look fowrard to being able to welcome you back again soon.