Village Hotel Katong by Far East Hospitality
Venue Hotel(Singapore)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
2,561 results
All reviewsclub roomperanakan loungeparkway paradeeast coast parkfree airport shuttleclose to the airportfamily roomlaksashopping mallspacious roomlate checkexcellent hotelan upgradelocal foodexcellent stayrain showerspecial thanks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 August 2014

On arrive at the hotel I was pleasantly surprised and delighted at the presentation of the reception, and very impressed with Brandan (receptionist) who looked after me. He offered to show me rooms on different floors before signing in. I chose the room on 12th floor which gave a fantastic city view. The room was very clean and spacious - 2 beds (just for me)!! The decor was very beautiful. The hotel is in a busy area with restaurants, and the bus routes into the city is just outside. I used the local bus each day (70c) to Marina Bay Sands! All of the hotel staff were very helpful and pleasant, making my stay very enjoyable.

I would definitely book into the Village Hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask if you can see the room before signing in.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank kathyspeleoto
Brett W, General Manager at Village Hotel Katong by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear kathyspeleoto

Thank you for providing your feedback from your recent stay at Village Hotel Katong.

I am pleased we were able to provide such a great experience to you and in particular the great service that Brandon extended to you.

I welcome the opportunity to being able to accommodate you again when next in Singapore.

Do feel free to contact me on brettwalker@fareast.com.sg for your future stays so I can personally assist with your requirements.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Had a nice staycation during the long weekend in July. The hotel location is simply good as it's in the area where the good local food are.
The hotel lobby was nice and inviting upon arriving with bellboy asking if we needed any help.
We had booked a Superior room but was upgraded to a Deluxe room which was a pleasant surprise for me and my family. We were attended to by Brandon at front desk and was impressed by his customer service skills where he explained in details of our stay which has one of 3 activities at Big Splash to chose from.
Room was spacious and clean. The elements of the room has the Peranakan décor which was nice n pleasing. Bathroom was clean as well. Room view was great facing Parkway Parade.
I will not hesitate to stay here once again. . .

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank NgGregory

Dear NgGregory

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review of Village Hotel Katong from your recent staycation at the hotel.

We pride ourselves on "Great Hospitality" and it is always rewarding to hear that directly from our guests. I also appreciate your kind words for Brandon who is a Senior Assistant Manager at the hotel and an advocate to providing special moments for our guests.

I look forward to being able to welcome you back again soon, and do feel free to contact me on brettwalker@fareast.com.sg for your future stays so I can personally assist with your requirements.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

It's in east Singapore, 20 mins driving from airport. The surrounding is more like the traditional Singapore (compared to downtown) with many restaurants, 2 shopping centers and a supermarket just underneath. It is not close to any MRT - taxi to MRT may cost $6-8. The lobby looks nice with lots of individual sofas while the inside restaurant is relatively small as well as the "round" outdoor swimming pool. Room is big with a tube next to the bed. The most amazing thing is the shower floor is laminated (not stone)!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank adwangliang

Dear adwangliang

It was pleasing to read you enjoyed your stay and the conveniences of the hotels location to both the airport and the city. We are in fact the middle point between both, approximately 15 minutes either way.

The local area is full of great surprises around Katong, which is a traditional Peranakan area that we have also infused into the hotel decor with the bright colours and motif touch points.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I stayed for 3 nights in late July 2014 and had a decent stay. The room was very clean and spacious. The Wi-Fi worked well in the room. The air conditioner also functioned well. The bed was very comfortable. The hotel had a decent gym with good equipment that was open 24 hours. I used the gym every night. The hotel also has a nice pool located in front of the gym.
The breakfast at the restaurant was also good with various breakfast options. The hotel is located in the eastern part of Singapore in Katong in a quiet residential area. I was able to get to the central and touristy areas by taking either a bus or a bus and the metro. There is a bus stop near the hotel. It was very easy and cheap to travel around Singapore with public transportation. The hotel offers a free airport transportation shuttle bus.

The staff was very professional, friendly and helpful. Unfortunately, construction was scheduled near my room every morning from 8 until 10 am. For the first 2 nights I couldn’t sleep in because I was awaken by the drilling sound. I made a complaint to the front desk and spoke to the manager. The manager apologized for the inconvenience and offered me to change rooms. He even gave me a few extra benefits during my stay to compensate for the inconvenience I experienced. I was grateful for the manager’s concerns and offer to rectify the situation. I recommended that he shouldn’t have contract work scheduled during the morning hours when guests may be sleeping. The manager apologized and explained that the project manager for the construction work had already scheduled work plans and that he couldn’t change the time that work was being done on the hotel so he offered me to switch to a more quiet room.

Overall, I had a good stay and would recommend this hotel and stay again. The next time, I will complain sooner, if there is construction work, so that I don’t have to spend any more mornings without decent sleep.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank vacaciones71

Dear vacaciones71

Thank you for providing such an informative review with compliments about your recent stay at Village Hotel Katong.

As a regular reviewer on trip advisor, it is rewarding to read such great things the hotel has done to make your stay a positive memory.

Allow me to extend my apology for the disturbance of the construction works that have since concluded, and trust this experience did not tarnish your overall view of Village Hotel Katong.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed at the Village Hotel Katong as a one night stopover in transit to our European holiday and upon returning home. It is an ideal stopover hotel only 20 mins to the airport (free shuttle bus transfers included) but with a little bit of the Singapore experience provided via a free hopon-hopoff bus around the major Singapore tourist areas. The hotel location is off the main street and some distance away from the hustle and bustle of the main Singapore shopping area however there is a very nice shopping mall located across the road and a hawker street food complex nearby (not to mention a small shopping complex underneath the hotel)

We had a 'club lounge' room situated on the 6th Floor and the room was large with very modern décor and spotlessly clean (king size bed was great !). The additional cost of the club lounge was great value and provided us with a good breakfast, water/soft drinks/coffee through the day and cocktails/hor d'oeuvres in the evening. Our check out time was with the club room was extended to 4.00pm

Our flights on both legs were extremely late in the evening (11.30 pm) however the hotel kept our bags in storage until we were ready to leave.

We didn't take a dip in the pool but we did have a look and it was clean and pool towels in ready supply (a small gym located adjacent to the pool has modern equipment, treadmills, etc).

Staff on the front desk and in the club lounge were friendly and helpful.

All in all a great stop-over hotel that offers great value for money.

We would certainly stay again on future Singapore stopovers

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank MattyP

Dear MattyP

Thank you for providing such an informative and positive review from your recent stay at Village Hotel Katong.

I was great to read the hotel was able to deliver such a high standard of service to you at each and every touch point.

The club experience we provide at the hotel is the real "hero" of our guest stay, and your kind review supports this so well. Thank you