“Beautiful, Clean Room, Great food, Quaint Location!!”

Village Hotel Katong by Far East Hospitality
Ranked #21 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We chose to spend our wedding night at Village Katong from all the good reviews we read on Tripadvisor and we were certainly not let down! We had a wonderful experience there! The staff were very friendly and polite, they gave us a free upgrade and treated us like VIPS (even before they found out it was our wedding night).

The room was spacious and spotless! Although the view was only average from the room we had, but the room itself made up for everything. It was luxurious (with a flat screen TV, huge bathrooms, speakers to play music) and quaint at the same time, we were so reluctant to leave.
We had a very peaceful and relaxing time there, the walls must have been quite sound proof for us not to hear the other guests on the level, because each time we went out there seemed to be quite a number of other families on the level but we never heard them from inside.

There's also a lot of shops and a supermarket located conveniently downstairs making it the perfect place for a staycation!

The buffet breakfasts made the experience complete! We really enjoyed the spread. Sadly we didn't get much time to check out the pool or the gym but we'd definitely like to go back soon!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Brett W, General Manager at Village Hotel Katong by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2014

Dear Tomasha

Thank you for choosing to stay at Village Hotel Katong for such a special occassion as your wedding night.

It was great to hear you both enjoyed your stay and we managed to upgrade you to one of our club rooms.

I look forward to being able to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

I stayed there in mid July & again in mid August & I will be there again in late September as well. it is a fantastic place to be. Everything is feel like home, you can feel a very nice fragrance when you enter to lobby, wow i love it. very friendly staff & what a housekeeping team they are having. Do not hesitate to select the Village Hotel katong as your destination.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Osmandfernando

Dear Osmandfernando

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience you have had at Village Hotel Katong over your past two stays with us.

The fragrance we have as our guest entry the hotel is the Village brand White Tea & Orchard, which relaxes the senses and creates an environment of comfort. I am glad you enjoy it so much.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in September.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

My family friends and I booked for 3 nights. The staff is very friendly and helpful (best staff i've ever met!). The hotel is clean, nicely decorated and nice facilities. The room is very spacious and relaxing. I was never bored while I stayed here. There's a swimming pool and a gym and also a supermarket right below the hotel. You could also visit the boutiques and what not located on the same floor as the lobby.

I wished this hotel was a little closer to all the shopping areas but I getting around is pretty convenient. Many buses around the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank jennaj123
Brett W, General Manager at Village Hotel Katong by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear Jennaj123

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback about your recent experience you had at Village Hotel Katong.

The hotels convenient location to local restaurants and shops makes us an ideal place to stay and explore Singapore.

Thank you for sharing this experience.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Close to the airport but also near good shops and restaurants. Very clean, large and comfortable rooms. I was on my last leg of my trip in SE Asia and found it perfect to relax and refresh before heading back to the states. Very fast with room service or any requests. Also want to recognize Jeffrey who was so friendly and helpful, makes great drinks too! Will definitely come back!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Andree S

Dear AndreeS

Thank you for sharing your recent experience you had at Village Hotel Katong.

I have personally passed on your kind words to Jeffrey who was thrilled to have been recognised.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

My hubby and I were there on 18 August for a one night Staycation. Friendly & polite staff from front desk, lounge to housekeeping. Want to comment on one of the staff, Ms Jane, very attentive and smiley. Pls keep it up :)

We were upgraded to the premier peranakan room. Beautiful & spacious room although the balcony view was not fantastic. The bed and pillows were not firm enough in our opinion but the overall ambience was good.

Pool is small but clean and properly maintained.

We paid extra $50 to access the lounge, had breakfast and cocktail there. Limited choices of food however the quality was fine.

I would not mind recommending this hotel to anyone who is looking to stay away from city, with variety of eateries nearby and recommendable service.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RaRa238

Dear RaRa238

Thank you for such a great review from your stay at Village Hotel Katong.

The upgrade to our Premier Peranakan Rooms are very much well worth the decision and I am glad you and your husband also enjoyed this experience.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We booked to stay at this suburb hotel while we were moving house. The pluses for this hotel are clear:
* Ideally located along Joo Chiat Road with lots of eateries, near the Parkway Parade Mall with lots of suburbia shopping, and situated above shops and a supermarket
* The room sizes are pleasantly roomy with a long work table, appear to be recently renovated and well appointed with good bright lighting
* There is a balcony for each room to catch some fresh air
* The staff are very friendly
* There is free hotel guest parking

As a Singaporean, I would love very much to see this Singaporean brand succeed but I could not overlook a number of minuses that let this establishment down:
* We booked quite a number of weeks ahead for 4 nights (later extending to 6 nights) for 2 rooms, specifically requesting for connecting rooms. On check-in we were told our connecting room request could not be fulfilled as the hotel was full. We expressed our displeasure and questioned the front desk staff why our early booking and request meant nothing to them. On the spot the staff then checked and said we can get connecting rooms from the third night onwards. Not perfect but certainly not imperfect arrangement that we accepted.
* After checking in, we found one set of room key cards to be non-functioning for one of the rooms. I had to go back to reception to get them fixed. This went on for three more times and on the fourth time in frustration I asked for the key cards to be totally replaced before I could get into the other room.
* Throughout our stay, I lost count how many times I had to return to reception to fix or change a faulty key card. I realized I was not the only guest with this experience as I noticed a number of exasperated guests having faulty keycard problems as well.
* The 2 rooms we stayed in for the first two nights were facing the elevators. Despite how warm we set the thermostat, the rooms were freezing cold. However, the second set of 2 rooms we stayed had working thermostats and the temperatures in both rooms could be set more comfortably.
* There were small flies in all the rooms we stayed in, despite us not even opening up the balcony doors. We suspect the flies came from the bath drainage - a sign that the rooms were not properly cleaned.

Would I stay at this hotel again? Yes (as I have experienced far worst hotels that have bigger brand names) but I hope the management would resolve to fix the minuses quickly.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Duke_Singapore

Dear DukeUniverse

Thank you for providing such a detailed review from your stay at Village Hotel Katong.

Allow me to apologise for the inconvenience you experienced with the key system, and can assure you we have reset the system to ensure that such problems are removed for our guests moving forward.

We look forward to being able to welcome you back again soon for your next staycation.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Newish with friendly staff and excellent service! I was there for only one night on transit. Best stay and rest I ever had. The room is huge and nicely decorated. Mine had a free standing bathtub in the bedroom.

From the point of check-in to check-out, the staff services were excellent. Friendly and efficient. There was only a minor incident when I checked into my room, one of the staff accidentally opened my door while I was in the room (5 minutes after I stepped into my room). He was trying to show my room to two other guests! He was apologetic. The hotel management from the Duty Manager was prompt and immediately apologised to me for the error and the embarrassment caused on me while I was in the room. Fortunately, I was decently dressed. I was not fussed. I was actually very impressed with the management response.

While I was out for a walk around the neighbourhood and after returning to my room, I found a nice card with a bottle of red wine in the room. It was from the Duty Manager. It was a very lovely surprise.

I have stayed in Singapore in a bigger hotel in the city, but none of them came close to the services I received at this hotel. I hope they will keep up their good work and effort.

The area Katong neighbourhood is an added bonus. It is different from staying in the city. I chose this hotel and this area because it is close to the airport and it was only an overnight stay. There are plenty of restaurants, cafe and some older institutions food outlets which is nice find.

This is definitely a place I will stay again when I come back to Singapore.

5 stars!

Room Tip: I had the most wonderful room with a free standing bathtub in the room. The room is generously huge...