“Yummy! Give it a try.”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Hobart, Australia
“Yummy! Give it a try.”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Stumbled across this place and glad we did. Delicious food and excellent value (as opposed to many other places in Singapore). We paid S$34 for 3 mains, 1 coke and a desert. Staff friendly and welcomed kids. The basil chicken was so good for $8. There's an extensive dessert menu, our kids enjoyed their Burmese treat. Clean and fresh food. Highly recommend.

“Myanmar foods”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I've never been to this exotic country. But, once you go to peninsula plaza, then you'll feel as if you are in Myanmar.
I tried Inle out of curiousity. Wondering whether the food is similar like thai foods.
Surprisingly, i found that Myanmar cuisine is a mix between thai, chinese and indian food. The combination makes it interestingly delicious.
I tried their chicken biryani. Different with the original indian style, they put fried garlic and shrimp inside the rice. One more thing, they use normal rice rather than bashmati. The combination is very nice and more like nasi goreng ( malay fried rice).
As for the chicken, it is tender, and quite tasty.
I tried their chicken curry which has a mild curry taste ( i feel it is more like chinese indonesian curry style) and salted bean pork ( more to chinese style).
Every food they served and the service is very good. One more thing, they also serve ice water fir free.

Copenhagen, Denmark
“Great Experience”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Have been here a few times with friends from Myanmar. The food is amazingly good and although the place may lack a bit of ambience and great atmosphere, it is a very comfortable place to come for a well made meal.
Also serve beer from Myanmar
I will for sure be back here again.

• Visited March 2014
Whitley Bay, United Kingdom
“Something different”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I came upon this little restaurant quite by accident. It is tucked away below street level. Never having been to Burma I was drawn to the menu and gave the restaurant a try. My first impression was that it is spotlessly clean. I was made very welcome. I cannot comment on how authentic the food was, but I can say that it was quite different and very delicious. I also found it excellent value for money - a "set lunch" cost only S$ 8 - 9. Not a bad introduction to Burmese food - I must go there one day!

• Visited March 2014
Perth, Australia
“A Hidden Indo China Gem”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

When our China and south East Asia cruise ended in Singapore, we were really disappointed that we didn't get a chance to try the cuisine of Cambodia or Burma due to time available for land tours. We wouldn't be able to eat local cuisine outside of tours due to hygiene standards.

It was accidental that we walked downstairs to discover this eatery, in sparkling clean Singapore. It looks like a cafe, however the menu is comprehensive and includes dishes for full meals. Our waiting staff introduced us to the traditional dishes. We had the pickled green tea leave salad, a fish dish and a curry with rice. The drinks were sensational: rosella, avocado... For dessert we had a pudding. We were in heaven with our menu selection. After eating the poorly designed menus that suited the the general guests on the cruise, the meal we had at the Inle was the best meal on our entire holiday.

• Visited March 2013