Bunc Hostel
US$336
US$238
Panpacific.com
  • Pool
One Farrer Hotel & Spa(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$192
Park Hotel Clarke Quay(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$174
US$529
US$367
MarinaBaySands
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$169
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Marina Mandarin Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$182
US$146
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewslittle indiadouble bedpeanut buttermrt stationfree breakfastshared bathroomkey cardair conditionerstayed here for nightswalking distanceyour luggagecerealdormbedsbackpackersprivacytoilet
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Bunc has raised the bar of hostels. I wouldnt be suprise that many will try to copy their designs and concept.

Everything about the hostel just feels right, the moment i stepped into it.
Staffs were very welcoming and even gave me a bottle of water upon check in, it really helped after being under the hot Singapore sun.

Everything was perfect , i have to mention the beds they had were the most comfortable and they even had a protective layer of water proof material wrapped over the beds.. pillows as well.. I feel that this is important for hygeine purposes ..it makes me feel safe sleeping in them..

The bathrooms were like the ones you find at a five star hotel..in terms of design and cleaniness...

Another point is their clever use of space, converting them into communal space like the Fun room, kitchen, the BBq area, the very long breakfast table....oh..and the Ladies Lounge..Yup..perfect for a lady like me.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 August 2012

I've been to my good share of accommodations-- some are bad and overpriced, some are good and only a few can be considered as a gem. Bunc tops my list on that aspect.

It's only SG$29 and it has the whole shebang: it's in the city, super comfortable beds, privacy (even if it's a technically a dormitory), free WIFI, free breakfast and other things. Would you believe it? I couldn't but I have to trust my research (that's only Agoda and Tripadvisor). Good thing I did.

What's more awesome is that they go out of their way to make you feel at home. It was my first time in Singapore-- traveling alone a day before my birthday. You know what they did before I left? They gave me a card filled with Bunc Hostel folks' messages. So sweet and heartwarming.

Truly, these things add up to a whole lotta difference. The next time I go to Singapore, I'll go to Bunc. Truly the best.

Check out my full review here: http://lisawenceslao.tumblr.com/post/30205062978/singapohh-aside-bunc-hostel

Room Tip: Try the ones on the 1st floor-- so that you go from traveling to sleeping with only a few steps.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Wence W
Reviewed 26 August 2012

i have stayed at bunc hostel for two night..i really loved the hostel environment and interior especially at the lobby,the staff was super friendly!the breakfast was simple thought but in good quality.the bed was extra comfortable(better than some 4 star hotel!)the location was also good,just a few step from quennstreet bus station,so it was very easy to go anywhere from this hostel..the price was also very affordable.i really love the open rooftop where i can relax and chit chat with new friends,hang out and have some drinks.it also near 7eleven..this hostel was really clean and tidy and have a modern chic looking..for sure i will come back and ive told all my friends about this hostel!thanks bunc!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Atifnadzir
Reviewed 23 August 2012

We were at the bunc for 4 nights and it was great. The staff is super friendly and always ready to help out plan your activities. The hostel environment is soothing with a cool black and white theme. The bunc allowed us to store our luggage until check-in time and stored the luggage after check-out until we are going to the airport at no extra cost.

The rooms: Excellent bedding, pillows and covers. There are lockers under the bed that have enough room to fit the largest hand carry luggage and even small check in luggage bags. Each bed includes a full light, night light, a reading lamp and one power socket. (Converters are available at a small deposit with no charge). The AC is turned on from 6 PM. I visited the room only once during the day time but even then the room is quite cool.

The washrooms: With separate washrooms for males and females and electronic locks bunc has done a great effort to make the stay very comfortable. The industrial fans in the wash rooms are a great idea. Its always easy to find a dry washroom anytime of the day. Unlike some hostels, bunc has done the homework and has provided water and paper options in all the toilets so that people from all over the world are comfortable. Each floor has washrooms to maintain a good bathroom to people ratio

The breakfast: The breakfast includes bread, jams, peanut butter and butter along with fruits, tea and coffee. Breakfast cereals and milk is also included with top notch toasters, ovens. A kitchen is also available 24x7 for more adventurous people to prepare there own meals with a shared fridge and special lockers to keep the dry foods.

The location: 10mins to the nearest MRTs (Bugis and Little India). bunc is in walking distance to the must visit 24hour mother-of-all-department stores, The Mustafa. There is some construction work going on near the bunc but is quite quiet in the night. The Sim Lim Square is also quite near.

Overall, bunc was a great place. The only thing I missed is that bunc does not offer tea/coffee making facility around the clock.

Room Tip: Bring locks for the lockers.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeevan_VJT
Reviewed 14 August 2012

It has been a very pleasant experience to stay in bunc hostel. Staff were friendly and helpful,they recommended us some places to have our dinner and what not. We were staying in the mixed dorm and it was good ,beds were very comfortable and aircond is not too cold. Although its a sharing dorm but I don feel too interrupted and still have a lil privacy. Quite a distance from mrt stations but its still acceptable. Price is very reasonable for this kind of services, beyond reasonable i guess, what more can you ask for?

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends